Ban Those Names!

Old November 2nd 04, 06:11 AM
O J

CatNipped wrote:

---------------------snip----------------------
Feeding each other cake is supposed to symbolize
taking care of and providing for one another, not humiliating one another.

Yeah! The humiliating each other will come soon enough!

Regards and Giggles,
O J

Old November 2nd 04, 11:15 AM
Adrian

Yowie wrote:
Our wedding was on top of Mt Keira, to the backdrop of a wonderful
view of Illawarra and the sea. My dress cost $40, the shoes $100, the
makeup was free when I bought the Christian Dior lipstick (I got it
done at one of those stalls in the cosmetics department of a big
department store - lipstick was $40 and I needed it to "touch up"
anyway). Joel's suit hire was $150. The Celebrant's fee is a set
$300. The booze cost at the most, $500. Various sundries came to
about another $200. The reception was out our favourite restaurant (
a Japanese place - they threw in the decoration for free, we hadn't
asked for it) and we asked the guests to pay for their dinner (at $25
per person) rather than give us gifts. We ate till we couldn't fit
anything more in (and had leftovers), my parents supplied the cake,
and there was lots of booze left over (we're going to drink the last
bottle tonight - its our 1st anniversary today) and everyone said it
was the most relaxed and comfortable wedding they'd ever been to -
and the cheapest (some people did bring gifts, but they were sweet,
thoughtful, nont "wedding present" small electrical appliance -
priced gifts) to boot. I think we probably payed less than $1000 when
everything got added up. It was just the right combination of formal
ceremony and casual celebration for us. I'd do it again!

Yowie
Boss isn't here, so I'm being sneaky and posting & reading at work.
Hence my not-lurking today.

Happy anniversary to you and Joel.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old November 2nd 04, 04:23 PM
Tanada

Yowie wrote:

there was lots of booze left over (we're going to drink the last
bottle tonight - its our 1st anniversary today) and everyone said it was the
most relaxed and comfortable wedding they'd ever been to - and the cheapest
(some people did bring gifts, but they were sweet, thoughtful, nont "wedding
present" small electrical appliance - priced gifts) to boot. I think we
probably payed less than $1000 when everything got added up. It was just the
right combination of formal ceremony and casual celebration for us. I'd do
it again!

I'm late, but Happy Anniversery! I hope it was the first of many years
of love and happiness.

Pam S. on behalf of the fam damily

Old November 3rd 04, 12:40 AM
CatNipped

Happy anniversary to you,
happy anniversary to you,
happy anniversary, happy anniversary,
happy anniversary to yooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuu!

Hugs,

CatNipped

"Yowie" wrote in message
"Sherry " wrote in message
One of the items said
that Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta Jones spent $210,000 per *hour*

on
their wedding.

That's truly disgusting. For all I know, the pair may donate millions to
charity, but that's still an obscene amount of money for a wedding.