FOLLOW UP: He's starving himself...why?

Old July 24th 03, 05:47 PM
JacktheCat Turkey

Default FOLLOW UP: He's starving himself...why?

Hello everyone.
Thanks to ALL of you who shared your wisdom.
We have put Jack on syringe feeding of A/D with as much as he will sit
still for per feeding. Towels are wonderful for making the ever popular
"cat burrito" .

Jack will eat finger shredded chicken if given to him from the SIDE of
the mouth.
We have paid close attention to where Jack may have "pockets" of what
the vet said may be gingivitis. I think there may be a bad area on the
roof of his mouth behind the front teeth. The area appears dark grey
while the rest of his upper mouth is pink. Who is to say that a cat's
coloring extends into his mouth??
On our other cat, the three year-old calico, her upper mouth (the roof)
is all pink.

A call is into the vet on that concern.

back with an estimate for the teeth cleaning that Jack needs. Including
possible (yet not yet confirmed) tooth extraction(s), we're talking
about $700.00. We're in negotiations for a payment plan now. That's an
entirely different thread.

Hopefully the Clinicure will work on any mouth infections while we do
the A/D and finger feeding.

Thanks again everyone.

Old July 24th 03, 07:23 PM
Karen Chuplis

in article ,
JacktheCat Turkey at
wrote on 7/24/03 11:47 AM:

[...]

Wow. My Grant had 5 back teeth removed and it was 250.00. Now, I know my
doctor is extremely inexpensive compared to most, but 700 seems high, but
maybe that includes more work up than I got? I'm glad you are gettin gmore
in him. Most likely the tooth extractions will really help. Poor baby. Keep
us posted and thanks for the update.

Karen

Old July 24th 03, 07:23 PM
Karen Chuplis