Duffy exam report (good)

Old April 9th 09, 01:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

Default Duffy exam report (good)

Duffy had his exam this week and received an excellent health report. The
reason I'm reporting is that the vet said he has "extraordinary" muscle tone
for a blind cat, especially around his hind legs. I have frequently posted
suggestions that people get a good cat tree, and I especially emphasize that
for blind cats. I think this report shows one of the benefits of a cat
tree. In addition to the pleasure it brings, it also has noticeable
benefits for physical strength. The only thing Holly can do that Duffy
can't do is Holly can run full-speed through the house and quickly turn
directions, leap high, etc. That is Duffy's one limitation, but he more
than makes up for it by being a little gymnast on the cat trees and other
climbing poles I installed for him. He will trot around at a surprising
rate of speed for a blind cat, but he would run into things if he tried to
emulate Holly on that. Incidentally, the vet also mentioned that his teeth
are in excellent condition (no dry food whatsoever).

MaryL

Old April 9th 09, 03:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

. ..
[...]

Duffy is a wonderful cat, but he has also had wonderful care and love. A
real meeting of the minds.

--
Theresa and Dante

Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Old April 9th 09, 04:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected][_2_]

On Apr 9, 5:48*am, "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER
wrote:
Duffy had his exam this week and received an excellent health report.

Yay for Duffy!

My niece has just adopted a Duffy (and Roscoe) from a local cat
shelter

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old April 9th 09, 05:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB

MaryL wrote:
[...]

Congrats on being an excellant cat mom. Purrs for Duffy and Holly to
continue good health. MLB
Old April 9th 09, 07:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Apr 9, 8:48*am, "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER
wrote:
[...]

You are doing an excellent job, labor of love, for your cats. Not
being able to do the "zoomies" may be a little bit hard for poor
Duffy. Perhaps you could, when he runs around at the best speed he can
manage, act a _bit_ scared or flustered or however you react to
Holly's zoomies. That way he will feel that he is doing his bit.

--
Will in New Haven

Old April 9th 09, 07:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

wrote:
[...]

Oh, he does get in a pretty good amount of zoomies (and *lots* of
attention). It's just that Holly is an incredibly athletic cat and can do
the "super-zoomies." Duffy trots around, always with his tail and head held
high, and makes these cute little "myrrp" sounds. He will often chase Holly
but just can't develop the same speed because he could run into a wall. On
the other hand, I have *never* seen another cat do such incredible gymnastic
moves on the cat tree as he can. He's a truly joyful little cat. He even
climbs the Christmas tree without ever breaking anything. Some of the
pictures almost look like they have been Photoshopped because he gets out to
the end of the branches and "perches" there. Those Christmas pics have not
been manipulated, though--I just made sure to buy the *strongest* tree
(artificial) I could find because I knew Duffy would immediately start to
climb. (Check out some of his pictures, below my sig.)

MaryL

Photos of Duffy and Holly: 'o'
Duffy: http://tinyurl.com/cslwf
Holly: http://tinyurl.com/9t68o
Duffy in the Christmas tree: http://tinyurl.com/clal7

Old April 9th 09, 08:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

. ..

wrote:
[...]

They are both beautiful. The difference between Duffy's shelter photo and
the later ones is like night and day! You are obviously what he needed.

--

Joy

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of
masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch. - Leo Dworken

Old April 9th 09, 09:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

MaryL wrote:
[...]

Glad to hear Duffy is so well. I ascribe Mir's increased muscle tone to
all our cat trees, too. She loves climbing, and she loves hanging on a
tree while sharpening her claws. No wonder she has developed 200 grams
of extra muscle in her upper body!

Miranda doesn't have any problems with her teeth, either, and she
doesn't even recognize dry food as anything edible.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.
Old April 10th 09, 12:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

MaryL wrote:
[...]

Long live Mary L and her remarkable King Duffy!!

Pam S.