Felix - the one who could open doors. (RIP)

Old July 10th 07, 07:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Default Felix - the one who could open doors. (RIP)

On 10 Jul, 11:06, Bettina wrote:

I do believe in reincarnation for humans, so why not for pets?
I`ll keep my eyes open.

And even if the cat that turns up isn't an incarnation of Felix,
assume Felix sent them. Cats have a funny way of doing this (I blame
the mothership) my currenrt Furballs (Redunzel and Sarrasine) were
about born when Isis showed her first signs of old age (I remember
reading the side of a packet of food and saying "Issi, according to
this you're senior at 8!" she was 14 at the time and too busy chasing
her own tail to listen to me- if a cat is old at 8 she was an old lady
over half her life) then I was doing a temp job with a woman who was
feeding a stray who had just had kittens in need of a good home (or
they were going to the pet shop) and Isis crossed the Bridge in her
sleep when they were 4 weeks old. Dave swore we would not have another
cat for 3 months so we could have some time off from slavery. But Isis
passed on Tuesday and when I got home on Thursday he was the one
looking at cat rescue sites and saying "That woman you work with- has
she found homes for them yet?"

I still think Isis contacted the Mothership and said "I am old and
tired now. I do so want to see my sisfur Fugazi again but I cannot
leave my Hoomins to fend for themselves "

And the Mothership told her "We have arranged things so new kittens in
need of a good home will be available for them and if you know what
your Hoomins are like and have trained them they will do what is
proper"

The oddest thing is Isis fell asleep the last time (She must have woke
up over the Bridge. she just went to sleep and that was it. The way
we'd all like to go she'd never been ill in her entire life, just her
last few weeks she slowed down a bit nothing more and before she
settled down for the last time she licked her food dish clean) in the
gap behind our sofa and a chair (We call it the "Catcave") and from
there she left us

(No the oddest thing was for a few days she had taken to sleeping in
the kitchen and not coming into the living room and Dave tells me he
got up on that day and she was in the hallway and he said "You coming
in the living room?" and he swears she looked at the box in the
kitchen then sighed, walked into the bathroom used her box and into
the kitchen where she drank some water and cleared her food dish then
walked into the living room- Dave said it was almost as if she was
making her mind up whether she should go back to her box in the
kitchen or make her farewells to this World and she chose Farewells
because she demanded strokes and skritchies with more enthusiasm than
of late (Funny that morning I had to go to work and when I was going
out she was very demanding of skritchies etc, I made the front door 5
times and was called back every time- I got down the road and started
crying because in some way I just knew she was making her goodbyes
then again you don't expect a lady like Isis to do things untidily do
you?)

Anyway after Isis was gone, Dave went through Hell. She came in the
room, she sat about demanding skritchies and then she went into the
Catcave and she was purring then the purring stopped and he looked and
she was just asleep and then a few minutes later he said the room went
cold and he just knew she had gone but he was worried she might have
been in pain and why didn't he hear her? Even through she fell asleep
just 4 feet away and he would have heard her if she had cried out but
he couldn't shake the feeling

Until the Furballs first night, they settled down on the spot where
Isis crossed the Bridge. Dave said that proved to him that she hadn't
suffered because they would have sensed her fear if she had

She was a wise cat (she probably left a book there- a book telling
them how to control the Hoomins)

Anyway I guess what I am trying to say is that you are open to the
idea of another cat and Felix will organise one

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old July 10th 07, 10:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Bettina wrote:

This afternoon I called the vet to be so friendly and come to my house
to give peace to my loved Felix, the ginger cat.
He got about 11 years old from which he lived about 7 with me and my
other cats. He moved in from the neighbourhood.
Felix was 6 month ago diagnosed with FIV - the feline immune virus
thing which is not curable.

We worked with antibiotics as long as possible, but in the end they
didn`t help anymore
and he couldn`t eat due to his bad stomatitis. The last days he moved
out of the house into the garage and when the pain reliever didn`t
work anymore I made the decision to call the vet.

The vet told me that Felix left very lightly, meaning that his body
really was weak. And that it was the right decision.

Felix was a wonderful, gentle tomcat who was so clever that he could
open doors by jumping on the door handle.
He often slept on my pillow by my head and I let him do so,
growing used to it.

I am heartbroken.
But - he feels no pain anymore which is a good thing.
Some day we will meet at the rainbowbridge.

I let you know this cause I need some consolation.
I feel so deeply sad.

Bettina

I put up a candle group for Felix:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...l=eng&gi=BCFel

I'm so very sorry to hear that, Bettina. We are sending lots and lots of
purrs for your broken heart. A candle is lit.
Hugs,
Polonca and Soncek

Old July 11th 07, 07:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bettina

On 10 Jul., 20:54, Lesley wrote:
On 10 Jul, wrote:

[...]

Through the years I had also peculiar experiences with my cats.
So strange and remarkable ones that I`ve come to believe very strange
things today.
Nobody, of course has to believe me, but in my world I believe, for
example, that cats
do know when they are about to have "accidents".
Even stronger - I do believe that they make the decision to have an
"accident"

I lost some cats to irresponsible car drivers and the evening before,
they all behaved odd.
My Luzie (RB), came onto my bed in the middle of the night and
demanded an outstanding scritching-session before she left for
outside.
Next morning I found her dead at the roadside.

She has all her live had health problems - having lost one eye due to
cat-fever as a kitten.
(I don`t know the english explanation for "Katzenschnupfen" - it`s the
ugly cold lots of kitten have which agglutinates the eyes with pus and
can untreated lead to blindness.)
She later had a caesarean section to give birth to 2 huge kittens -
father was a Kartäuser, a pedigree cat, they seem to have "big genes"
as I like to say.
So the kittens didn`t fit through the birth canal of a housecat.
Strangely enough.

She then brilliantly fulfilled her mothery duties nursing 4 kittens
while having aches after the operation. Imagine your womb cut open,
then sewed together again and then having 4 Kittens drinking in that
area. (Please, don`t)
(The first two went through the birth canal, they have obviously have
more of their mothers genes, they were smaller)

I believe she had all her life pain behind the missing eye area and
lived with it for years.
And some night she decided that it is enough now. sigh And she said
goodbye to me.

Felix just took distance - he was ill, felt bad and moved out of the
house into the garage.
As the garage door is always open through the summer - due to some
swallows nesting there I can´t close the door - he could watch the
ongoings in the garden day and night.
A week later he moved his place to the rear of the garage, behind an
old wardorobe.
It was then when I knew that the time was about.

If you want the story about my english friend who lost three cats in a
short time under very peculiar circumstances then tell me.
Won`t write more today as the posting gets too long.

Thank you for sharing your story about Isis.
Luzie as well was a real Lady, no, she was the Queen of the house.
She really ruled the others.g

Nice to talk to you Lesley, I read a lot of your postings.

Bettina

Old July 12th 07, 11:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bettina

On 10 Jul., 23:06, polonca12000 wrote:
Bettinawrote:
[...]

Polonca and Soncek- Zitierten Text ausblenden -

- Zitierten Text anzeigen -

Thank you so much for your compassion.
I can feel how the many purrs are coming.

love
Bettina

Old July 12th 07, 11:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On 11 Jul, 19:54, Bettina wrote:
On 10 Jul., 20:54, Lesley wrote:
She has all her live had health problems - having lost one eye due to
cat-fever as a kitten.
(I don`t know the english explanation for "Katzenschnupfen" - it`s the
ugly cold lots of kitten have which agglutinates the eyes with pus and
can untreated lead to blindness.)////

Katzenschupfen is known as "Cat Flu" or Upper Respiratory Infection
(URI). )

Helen M

Old July 12th 07, 07:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bettina

On 12 Jul., 12:53, wrote:
On 11 Jul, 19:54, Bettina wrote:

On 10 Jul., 20:54, Lesley wrote:
She has all her live had health problems - having lost one eye due to
cat-fever as a kitten.
(I don`t know the english explanation for "Katzenschnupfen" - it`s the
ugly cold lots of kitten have which agglutinates the eyes with pus and
can untreated lead to blindness.)////

Katzenschupfen is known as "Cat Flu" or Upper Respiratory Infection
(URI). )

Helen M

Hey,

thanks a lot. :-)
Good to know.

Bettina

Old July 26th 07, 08:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Bettina wrote:
This afternoon I called the vet to be so friendly and come to my house
to give peace to my loved Felix, the ginger cat.

Very belated condolences coming over to you, Bettina. Felix is not
suffering any more. It was the right decision, but it hurts so much. He
sounds a bit like my Frank, who also could open doors and used to sleep
on the pillow next to mine, or curled around my head. I still miss
having him there at night.

Old July 26th 07, 04:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bettina

On 26 Jul., 09:46, Marina wrote:
Bettina wrote:
This afternoon I called the vet to be so friendly and come to my house
to give peace to my loved Felix, the ginger cat.

Very belated condolences coming over to you, Bettina. Felix is not
suffering any more. It was the right decision, but it hurts so much. He
sounds a bit like my Frank, who also could open doors and used to sleep
on the pillow next to mine, or curled around my head. I still miss
having him there at night.

Thank you, Marina for your kind words.
I am missing my Felix.

One of my neighbours cats had kittens five days after Felix went to
the RB.
She is still hiding them, so we don`t know how many.
When they are old enough she will present them to us, I know.
And I decided to take one of them - there`s a free space here now.

Bettina

Cat doors Cadman Cats - misc 2 April 29th 06 05:36 PM
Wow my cat figured out how to open doors [email protected] Cats - misc 5 December 10th 05 02:19 AM
Cat Doors rickr Cats - misc 0 September 13th 05 01:45 AM
screen doors XYZ Cat health & behaviour 5 June 6th 05 05:04 AM
Well of course I need four doors! Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 4 December 9th 04 04:43 PM