I'm whineing tonight

Old October 3rd 07, 06:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

Default I'm whineing tonight

On Oct 1, 9:26 pm, "Granby" wrote:
It took me three months to save to buy the 4 inch memory foam bed topper. I
have left the bed uncovered many times while changing the sheets. Tonight I
went to town with my son for about thirty minutes or so. When I got home,
you would have thought it snowed in my bedroom. I turned on the light to
fnd three cats digging in the foam like they were looking for live mice.
Can save a few pieces to make sof pillows out of but that it all!!! I have
no idea where the fur balls are right now, and frankly don't care at the
moment.

Where's the picture?

Pam S. who wanted to see a picture

Old October 3rd 07, 09:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

We all have rules, yours are no office or TV room, mine is my bedroom,
that's the only place out of bounds. Once it was the whole upstairs sigh

Tweed

"Stormmee" wrote in message
if they couldn't come in the bedroom I wouldn't be any happier than they
would, ours aren't allowed in the office or the TV room, everywhere else
is
fair game, Lee
Christina Websell wrote in message

"Granby" wrote in message
It took me three months to save to buy the 4 inch memory foam bed

topper.
I have left the bed uncovered many times while changing the sheets.
Tonight I went to town with my son for about thirty minutes or so.
When

got home, you would have thought it snowed in my bedroom. I turned on

the
light to fnd three cats digging in the foam like they were looking for
live mice. Can save a few pieces to make sof pillows out of but that it
all!!! I have no idea where the fur balls are right now, and frankly
don't care at the moment.

I sympathise with you so much because you saved up for it, but my advice

is,
and has always been *do not allow cats in your bedroom*
That is the one place in the house that my cats cannot go. Ever. Never.

Tweed

Old October 3rd 07, 09:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Sorry Pam, Lee and I have something in common when it comes to pictures, you
might get out foot or the floor.
"tanadashoes" wrote in message
oups.com...

Old October 6th 07, 09:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Granby wrote:

It took me three months to save to buy the 4 inch memory foam bed topper. I
have left the bed uncovered many times while changing the sheets. Tonight I
went to town with my son for about thirty minutes or so. When I got home,
you would have thought it snowed in my bedroom. I turned on the light to
fnd three cats digging in the foam like they were looking for live mice.
Can save a few pieces to make sof pillows out of but that it all!!! I have
no idea where the fur balls are right now, and frankly don't care at the
moment.

Oh no!
Lots of purrs and hugs,
Polonca and Soncek

Old October 6th 07, 10:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Stormmee" wrote in message
I realized when I figured out declaw was wrong that I didn't really like
cloth furniture anyway, Lee
wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

I sympathise with you so much because you saved up for it, but my
advice is, and has always been *do not allow cats in your bedroom*
That is the one place in the house that my cats cannot go. Ever.

Never.

I'm afraid this advice will mostly fall on deaf ears in this newsgroup,
Tweed. Most of us *like* to sleep with our kitties! And although I often
end up tossing mine out of the bedroom at some point during the night,
even I want to *start* the night off with feline company!

Besides, keeping cats out of the bedroom doesn't safeguard your expensive
stuff from damage, since most folks keep valuable items all over the

house,
not just in the bedroom. (Anyway, a couch costs more to replace than a
mattress top. Not that I'm suggesting one deliberately sacrifice the
mattress top to keep the cats happy and away from the couch. )

Lets just ignore valuable items all over the house. My cats have never
damaged any furniture or valuables. I just like to sleep on my own because
I am a light sleeper; cats on the bed would wake me and I need to go to work
5/7. I have enough trouble sleeping without cats in my bedroom doing their
nocturnal things and jumping on and off my bed. My bedroom is out of bounds.

Old October 6th 07, 11:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:

Lets just ignore valuable items all over the house. My cats have never
damaged any furniture or valuables. I just like to sleep on my own because
I am a light sleeper; cats on the bed would wake me and I need to go to work
5/7. I have enough trouble sleeping without cats in my bedroom doing their
nocturnal things and jumping on and off my bed. My bedroom is out of bounds.

Oh, I know. And if I were as light a sleeper, I wouldn't let my cats
sleep with me, either. (But I'd miss them!) But this thread started out
because someone (senior moment, can't remember who, sorry!) allowed
her cats into the bedroom, resulting in a destroyed mattress top made
of expensive "memory foam". So I was addressing the "protect your
furniture" argument against allowing cats into the bedroom.

I do sympathize with the issue of cats interfering with sleep. Mine
wake me up, and often cause me orthopedic pain by sleeping on me. And
I have enough problems without cats! I usually wake up with pinched
nerves in my neck (because I'm sleeping in some weird, twisted position
that I did NOT start out in), and the pinched nerves cause numbness
and often pain in my hand and arm. Add cats to the mix and it just
gets worse. I've long suspected that they're getting kickbacks from
my chiropractor.

Joyce
Old October 7th 07, 09:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

being a light sleeper would be an issue. I only sleep about 3/4 hours at a
time but don't generally wake up during that time, Lee

Old October 7th 07, 06:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
William Hamblen

wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

The sleeping cat wakes and decides to have a scratch. Suddenly you
feel as if you're sleeping in a cheap motel and someone put a quarter
in the slot.

Bud

--
The night is just the shadow of the Earth.

Didn't grab the cat tonight dgk Cat health & behaviour 6 February 17th 07 01:43 PM
Tonight Pat Cat anecdotes 0 December 14th 06 05:02 AM
Ha! We set them up tonight ensoul Cat health & behaviour 0 September 8th 05 02:59 AM
Tonight Cheryl Cat anecdotes 15 January 31st 05 01:18 AM
Tonight O J Cat anecdotes 0 January 29th 05 09:04 PM