Pictures of "Garvin"

Old April 2nd 08, 01:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

Default Pictures of "Garvin"

On Apr 1, 5:21*pm, "CatNipped" wrote:

I know, it bugs me too. *And, as you said, usually those insisting on a
kitten 1) don't realize just how much trouble a kitten can be and 2) decide
they don't really want an adult cat after it's just a year old and drop it
off at their local shelter! *:

Hugs,

CatNipped

I have always wanted an adult cat. I got Rusty when he was 1 year old.
Kittens are too active for me. Besides, the purrsonality is pretty
much set on an adult cat.

I am glad I only have one cat though. Yesterday I took Rusty for his
shots and annual check-up. Ended up paying several hundred dolllars
for geriatric blood test, urinary test, fecal test and prescription
food, as well as the shots and exam. It will be worse if they find
something wrong.

Winnie
Old April 2nd 08, 05:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

CatNipped wrote:

He does that all the time with both paws as he walks - kind of like a
Clydesdale horse prancing. He takes a step with his right foot and curls up
his left then takes a step with his left foot and curls up his right. It's
absolutely adorable!

smacks head Oh, that's why he reminded me so much of Caliban. Caliban
does that too. It's really cute. They also have the same stocky body and
shortish legs.

Old April 2nd 08, 06:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Jo Firey" wrote in message
.. .

There are joys to being single. Charlie never wants to make a decision
about anything, but he is more than happy to question and second guess
anything I seem to be about to do.

Rob does this too. When asked to choose a restaurant, he'll haw and hem and
then I'll get tired and pick one and inevitably it will be the one place he
didn't want to go to. Then he wonders why I don't ask for his opinion when
choosing places to go or things to do.

Pam S.

Old April 2nd 08, 06:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Being single isn't all bad. I get to sleep in the middle of the bed, eat
when I am hungry, even in the middle of the night and don't have to watch
non stop football.Of course, the cats play a part in this. They sleep on
both sides so getting up to go to the bathroom can be tricky. Eating when
they want to join you can be a task. The few times I watch TV, O. T.
chases whatever in moving on the screen.
"tanadashoes" wrote in message
m...

.. .

Old April 4th 08, 01:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Enfilade

Hooray I found the pics!

What a long boy!

When we got Nox we wanted a young "teen" cat, not a kitten, because as
first time pet owners we wanted something not 100% dependent on us
every second of every day, but we wanted someone young who would be
with us a long time.

We didn't get any age choice with Smokey. He came to us an adult, we
think only 2, but we don't know.

We didn't get any age choice with Kumani and Tyche either, and I
recommend 3 week old nursing kittens to...well, nobody, if you've got
a mom cat, and if you don't have a mom cat, then I recommend them to
people with no more pressing commitments on their time 24/7 (like
"jobs", "children", etc) and who are prepared to have them sleeping on
their chest and nursing their ears for the rest of the kittens' life
spans!

Good luck with Garvin. Purrs he finds a forever home.

--Fil

Old April 4th 08, 01:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Enfilade wrote:

We didn't get any age choice with Kumani and Tyche either, and I
recommend 3 week old nursing kittens to...well, nobody, if you've got
a mom cat

Oh, I love having baby kittens when there's a mom cat! I've rescued
a couple in my lifetime, and there's nothing more adorable!!

Nursing baby kittens myself, if there's no mom cat around, would be a
different story. I hear it's very rewarding, if you have the time, and
*if* you don't lose any. My sister has done this a few times, and said
it was exhausting, but she'd do it again.

Joyce ^..^
Old April 4th 08, 04:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

wrote in message
Enfilade wrote:

We didn't get any age choice with Kumani and Tyche either, and I
recommend 3 week old nursing kittens to...well, nobody, if you've got
a mom cat

Oh, I love having baby kittens when there's a mom cat! I've rescued
a couple in my lifetime, and there's nothing more adorable!!

Nursing baby kittens myself, if there's no mom cat around, would be a
different story. I hear it's very rewarding, if you have the time, and
*if* you don't lose any. My sister has done this a few times, and said
it was exhausting, but she'd do it again.

Joyce ^..^

Its an amazing experience, if you have a high tolerance for constant terror
that you are going to do something wrong and drown them of something.

I'm crazy about puppies and kittens, especially bitties. And especially if
they have a decent mom. But never again.

Jo

Old April 4th 08, 08:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lucys Mom[_2_]

CatNipped wrote:
He's filled out quite a bit in the week he's been here. When he first came
his little tummy was just about touching his backbone.

http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/Garvin/

He's adorable, Lori! Looks like he is quite comfortable as well!
Obviously, he knows a good place when he finds one!!!
Old April 6th 08, 10:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

"CatNipped" wrote in message
He's filled out quite a bit in the week he's been here. When he first
came his little tummy was just about touching his backbone.

http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/Garvin/

tanadashoes wrote:
He is so cute. He reminds me of "Double Pumpkin" who also visits the
outside feeder here.

Pam S

He's adorable!
Best wishes,