Toby was his Nam-o

Old August 24th 08, 10:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bridget[_4_]

Default Toby was his Nam-o

After spending time with my nice little snowshoe/meezer guy, his name
has been changed. He is no longer Duke, he is Toby and it fits so much
better. When I want to lengthen it, he is Tobias. He is now a full
fledge member of the household. He and the Stripey Thing sleep
together and groom each other. All three of the cats play together and
he is just now really getting comfortable enough to let loose in
playing. I think I just witnessed my first view of his zoomies a few
minutes ago. He is pretty funny. He yells at me from across the
apartment to see what I am doing and whether he would like to join me.
If he does come in, he talks to me and tells me all about what he was
up to. He asks me if he can come up on the bed sometimes - and of
course I tell him he can and then he jumps up. And he can sleep for
hours curled up next to me at night. I sleep better when he does.

I am really glad I have him. He is a great comforter. He will
obviously never take Tony's place, but he is filling in some holes in
my cat coverage. Sometime next year, I am considering getting a
kitten. Possibly a snowshoe because I like him so much and I want to
raise a little being to finish filling the holes in my house hold (and
to fill the ones I didn't know I had).

Bridget - totally in love with Toby.
Old August 24th 08, 12:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

I like your phrase "the holes I didn't know I had." They really can bring
so much joy and peace to us.

Old August 24th 08, 02:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Bridget wrote:
[...]

What a wonderful story! I think I love Toby, too

I like the name Toby. I fondly remember a school bus driver when I was in
Kindergarten and yes! his name was Toby. Funny the things we remember. His
wife used to bake cookies and brownies for him to give to the kids on the
bus. No one would dare do that these days.

Jill

Old August 24th 08, 09:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Bridget wrote:

[...]

He sounds wonderful!

--
Joyce ^..^

Old August 25th 08, 04:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"Bridget" wrote in message
[...]

Awwww! After reading that I'm totally in love with Toby too!

Nose Kisses,

CatNipped

Old August 26th 08, 12:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Bridget" wrote in message
After spending time with my nice little snowshoe/meezer guy, his name
has been changed. He is no longer Duke, he is Toby and it fits so much
better.

I was not able to change Boyfriend's name. It was a silly name that
occurred to me when KFC was allowing him here and I tried to change it to
"Gideon" at one point. He would not have it at any price, his name he wanted
to keep was Boyfriend. Oh well. I guess he knows what he wants his name to
be (but it is not what I would have chosen. TBH)
What would you have named him, a lost teenage boy, tabby & white?(poll)
It will be difficult because you know what his name is already so try and
put that out of your mind.

Old August 26th 08, 06:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB

Christina Websell wrote:
"Bridget" wrote in message
After spending time with my nice little snowshoe/meezer guy, his name
has been changed. He is no longer Duke, he is Toby and it fits so much
better.

I was not able to change Boyfriend's name. It was a silly name that
occurred to me when KFC was allowing him here and I tried to change it to
"Gideon" at one point. He would not have it at any price, his name he wanted
to keep was Boyfriend. Oh well. I guess he knows what he wants his name to
be (but it is not what I would have chosen. TBH)
What would you have named him, a lost teenage boy, tabby & white?(poll)
It will be difficult because you know what his name is already so try and
put that out of your mind.

IMHO I think Boyufriend is a good name for a male kitty. MLB

Old August 26th 08, 06:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...

"Bridget" wrote in message
After spending time with my nice little snowshoe/meezer guy, his
name
has been changed. He is no longer Duke, he is Toby and it fits so
much
better.

I was not able to change Boyfriend's name. It was a silly name that
occurred to me when KFC was allowing him here and I tried to change
it to "Gideon" at one point. He would not have it at any price, his
name he wanted to keep was Boyfriend. Oh well. I guess he knows
what he wants his name to be (but it is not what I would have
chosen. TBH)
What would you have named him, a lost teenage boy, tabby &
white?(poll)
It will be difficult because you know what his name is already so
try and put that out of your mind.

I've always rather liked boyfriends name. But then again I like it
for someone else's cat. Probably wouldn't name one that.

We usually give the boycats guy names, trying to avoid the ones that
sound like they would suit rather large dogs.

Jake is named after my father whose name was Jacob. He was never
called that in the family but went by his middle name. So we feel
like the name honors him with out disrespecting him.

Jo

Old August 28th 08, 10:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Bridget wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the update, Bridget.
Best wishes and purrs,