RB: Luthien Tinuviel

Old December 1st 08, 03:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tension_on_the_wire

Default RB: Luthien Tinuviel

On Nov 30, 6:55*pm, wrote:
tension_on_the_wire wrote:

* Hi Joyce, and thank you for your post. *I'm sorry I didn't keep up.. *I
* did drop in to lurk from time to time, but only very occasionally. *I
* got a bit swamped with real life for a bit. *I hope all is well with
* you and kittie(s) these days?

That pesky real life, gets in the way of all my favorite internet
activities!

My guys (3 of them - two girls and a boy) are all doing fine. Smudge
is 11 and is curled up with me and purring this very minute. Roxy's
10, and is still as playful as a kitten. Licky (Licorice - the boy)
is 5 and is still quite the 'fraidy cat, but he loves getting petted
when he can stand it!

Thanks for asking.

--
Joyce * ^..^

That's nice to hear. I know I would be a much bigger basketcase than
I am if it were not for Glorio. He's quite lost, and it seems to me
that he was very familiar with this situation when it happened. He
seemed to know all the right things to do. He was a foundling at the
vets when he was 7 weeks old, and no one knows his history, but now I
suspect he may have been with a lost or abandoned mother who died,
perhaps with a whole litter maybe.

All the while Luthien was ailing, he got more chummy with her, and
used to put his arm around her neck and pull her over. If he ever
tried that in the past, she would swipe him. Now she would just fall
right over on her side, poor thing, and he would just kind of sit down
against her. But on the last day, Thanksgiving, she was so weak and
pale it was obvious to me what was coming, and it was obvious to him
too. She spent most of that day lying on my chest, but at one point
after lunch she suddenly got up and jumped down and crawled under the
sofa, and I let her stay there because I know animals who know they
are dying will do that, crawl off to some obscure hidden place. Well,
I got down on the floor with a blanket and kept my arm under the sofa
to pet her for about half an hour, and when I finally got up to go
back to the sofa for a bit, Glorio came along and took my place under
the sofa and sat there with her for two hours, even though I offered
him treats and whatnot, which ordinarily wild horses could not drag
him away from his treats. He did not leave until she crawled out and
meowed for me. Once she was back on my chest again, he just came
along and slumped on the floor close by and stayed there pretty much
all day. He would even go out into the garden, his absolute fave. At
least not until I went out there carrying Luthien out for a last smell
and look around at her most favourite place in the world, we sat out
there for about ten minutes.

Anyways, I'm rambling, of course but I suppose that's part of the
package, isn't it?

--tension
Old December 1st 08, 03:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

Default Luthien Tinuviel

"tension_on_the_wire" wrote in message
Born Oct. 15, 1992
Died Nov. 27, 2008

Luthien crossed the bridge at midnight sharp between Thanksgiving Day
and Black Friday, exactly sixteen years after coming to her home with
me.
A pearl of cats.
The most faithful, loyal companion of my life for sixteen years.
We were young together, and we got old together.

--tension

I'm so sorry.

Pam S.

Old December 1st 08, 04:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

tension_on_the_wire wrote:
Born Oct. 15, 1992
Died Nov. 27, 2008

Luthien crossed the bridge at midnight sharp between Thanksgiving Day
and Black Friday, exactly sixteen years after coming to her home with
me.
A pearl of cats.
The most faithful, loyal companion of my life for sixteen years.
We were young together, and we got old together.

I'm so sorry for your loss. It was like that with my Frank (1987-2005)
and Nikki (1988-2005). I was young with them, and became an adult with
them. When they both died the same year, I felt lost and confused about
who I was, because they had been part of my whole adult life so far.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.
Old December 1st 08, 06:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
cl

tension_on_the_wire wrote:
Born Oct. 15, 1992
Died Nov. 27, 2008

Luthien crossed the bridge at midnight sharp between Thanksgiving Day
and Black Friday, exactly sixteen years after coming to her home with
me.
A pearl of cats.
The most faithful, loyal companion of my life for sixteen years.
We were young together, and we got old together.

--tension

Sorry to hear about Luthien. Purrs and Purrayers to you and yours.

cl
Old December 1st 08, 11:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On Nov 29, 6:36*am, tension_on_the_wire
wrote:
Born Oct. 15, 1992
Died Nov. 27, 2008

Luthien crossed the bridge at midnight sharp between Thanksgiving Day
and Black Friday, exactly sixteen years after coming to her home with
me.
A pearl of cats.
The most faithful, loyal companion of my life for sixteen years.
We were young together, and we got old together.

--tension

I was so sorry to hear this. Many purrs for Luthien to have a safe
journey. We'll light a candle for him.

Helen M
Old December 1st 08, 06:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"tension_on_the_wire" wrote in message
Born Oct. 15, 1992
Died Nov. 27, 2008

Luthien crossed the bridge at midnight sharp between Thanksgiving Day
and Black Friday, exactly sixteen years after coming to her home with
me.
A pearl of cats.
The most faithful, loyal companion of my life for sixteen years.
We were young together, and we got old together.

--tension

I am so sorry for your loss. Purrs are on the way to help heal your
breaking heart.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old December 2nd 08, 01:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tension_on_the_wire

On Nov 30, 7:31*pm, "tanadashoes" wrote:
"tension_on_the_wire" wrote in message

Born Oct. 15, 1992
Died Nov. 27, 2008

Luthien crossed the bridge at midnight sharp between Thanksgiving Day
and Black Friday, exactly sixteen years after coming to her home with
me.
A pearl of cats.
The most faithful, loyal companion of my life for sixteen years.
We were young together, and we got old together.

--tension

I'm so sorry.

Pam S.

Thank you, Pam. Ltns, I hope all is well with you.

--tension
Old December 2nd 08, 01:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tension_on_the_wire

On Nov 30, 8:32*pm, Marina wrote:
tension_on_the_wire wrote:
Born Oct. 15, 1992
Died Nov. 27, 2008

Luthien crossed the bridge at midnight sharp between Thanksgiving Day
and Black Friday, exactly sixteen years after coming to her home with
me.
A pearl of cats.
The most faithful, loyal companion of my life for sixteen years.
We were young together, and we got old together.

I'm so sorry for your loss. It was like that with my Frank (1987-2005)
and Nikki (1988-2005). I was young with them, and became an adult with
them. When they both died the same year, I felt lost and confused about
who I was, because they had been part of my whole adult life so far.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.

Marina, thank you for your note. I so remember your stories and pages
about Frank and Nikki, and how fearful I was knowing that the same
ordeal was lying in wait for my own self. But I will tell you now,
that were it not for your stories, I would not have spent the
intervening time preparing myself and my daughter for the inevitable,
and to make it the least traumatic experience we could. So we thank
you and Frank and Nikki for that, especially from the bottom of mine
and little boycat Glorio's broken heart.

--tension
Old December 2nd 08, 01:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tension_on_the_wire

On Nov 30, 10:41*pm, cl wrote:
tension_on_the_wire wrote:
Born Oct. 15, 1992
Died Nov. 27, 2008

Luthien crossed the bridge at midnight sharp between Thanksgiving Day
and Black Friday, exactly sixteen years after coming to her home with
me.
A pearl of cats.
The most faithful, loyal companion of my life for sixteen years.
We were young together, and we got old together.

--tension

Sorry to hear about Luthien. Purrs and Purrayers to you and yours.

cl

Thank you, cl.

--tension
Old December 2nd 08, 01:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tension_on_the_wire

wrote:

Born Oct. 15, 1992
Died Nov. 27, 2008

Luthien crossed the bridge at midnight sharp between Thanksgiving Day
and Black Friday, exactly sixteen years after coming to her home with
me.
A pearl of cats.
The most faithful, loyal companion of my life for sixteen years.
We were young together, and we got old together.

--tension

I was so sorry to hear this. Many purrs for Luthien to have a safe
journey. We'll light a candle for him.

Helen M

Thanks, Helen.

--tension