Purrs Update -Good news, some bad, some ok.

Old November 18th 03, 12:39 AM
GraceCat

Default Purrs Update -Good news, some bad, some ok.

He's not out of the woods yet and they won't even begin to speculate
for another 24-ish hours but there is a bit of good news.

They decided not to ambulance him four hours away, it's too long a
journey and gamble to keep him stabile (or stable?). The ambulance
service sent for their jet and they'll fly him down. The helicopter
wasn't feasible because of the awful weather we have. The bleeding has
slowed somewhat, not near enough, but it's slowed to where they can
transport him (20 minutes about, fingers crossed the NO airport gives
the jet priority landing). They kept him at Rapides for another four
or five extra hours to make sure he's going to remain stabile until he
gets to New Orleans. He should actually be in the ambulance on the way
to the airport now. The surgeon is waiting and he should be in surgery
no more than an hour and half from now. They're going to take whatever
resources they have from there, and attempt to finish what Alexandria
could not this morning. In this case, stop the bleeding.

They had to sedate him, he kept fighting the nurses as they were
cleaning facial stuff, I guess picking out glass and whatnot. And he's
on the respirator still and will be a while due to the sedation and
conservation of energy. He can breath, but there's no reason to make
him breath on his own if it's helping him in the long run. And his
second CT scan came back good, so no head and neck injuries. . It all
boils down to this artery and other upper thigh damage.

We appreciate your purrs and prayers. I'm sorry for all this babble
and whatnot. I should have put a warning on the first post because I
do remember similar events a while back on this group. But you wanna
know something else? My sympathy increased thousand fold for these
police officers (And Dave G!!!) that work accidents. One look at his
mama was the absolute last thing in the world I ever remotely want to
see again.
Old November 18th 03, 02:46 AM
Nan

On 17 Nov 2003 16:39:59 -0800, (GraceCat) wrote:

[...]

I know how hard this must be for all of you. My prayers are with you
and Matt's family. Please keep us updated on Matt's condition.

Nan
Old November 18th 03, 02:52 AM
fuga =^o^=

I'll keep the purrs coming..

fuga

Old November 18th 03, 06:57 AM
Steve Touchstone

Sounds promising, and sending prayers that the trip can be made
without trouble.

continuing purrs for the family and a good outcome from this tragedy

--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Old November 18th 03, 09:09 AM
GracecatOnl

It is Hopitus. And I know what you're thinking about those seatbelts.

I haven't mentioned it because... I don't know who said it in the way of
police, paramedic or doctor but someone along the line said....

Had he been wearing his seatbelt, he would have been pinned and the dashboard
would have crushed him. As it was, he ended up in the tail bed and.... *shakes
head* I heard once in a rare rare rare blue moon a seatbelt can actually cause
a death but those are few and very far between and I'm not at all certain that
if they ever occur. My father felt the same way, he wasn't sure if that snippet
of information is wrong or misinterpretted.

I woke up, no phone calls so I guess he came through surgery well. If he stops
bleeding he's in the clear and something tells me it has slowed down
considerably by now.

Thanks everyone for the purrs and prayers. We all appreciate it.

Old November 18th 03, 10:22 PM
polonca12000

That is a huge relief: no head or neck injuries.
Continued extra-strong purrs and best wishes for the bleeding to stop,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"GraceCat" wrote in message
om...
snipAnd his
second CT scan came back good, so no head and neck injuries. . It all
boils down to this artery and other upper thigh damage.

snip

Old November 18th 03, 10:51 PM
Adrian

GraceCat wrote:
He's not out of the woods yet and they won't even begin to speculate
for another 24-ish hours but there is a bit of good news.

SNIP

Continuing purrs, you must be exhausted with all the worry.Take care.
--
Adrian
A House Is Not A Home, Without A Cat.

Old November 19th 03, 06:19 PM
SUQKRT

Grace I read about this in another topic (Accident report #2), he seems to be
improving. We'll send you healing/recovery purrs.
Suz
Iron Chef Macmoosette
Thank Heavens There's Only One

Chocolate heals all wounds.