A little concerned about Persia

Old April 12th 04, 02:08 PM
SUQKRT

In article , "jmcquown"
wrote:

I know the vet will call me today, but wanted input from my pals here

Jill

Belated purrs for Persia and her worried Mom. I hope her appitite.
Suz
Macmoosette
Thank Heavens There's Only One

Waiting for inspiration. Please hold while I contemplate my navel.

|\__/|
(=':'=)
(")_(")

Old April 12th 04, 10:54 PM
JoJo

Jill

Purrs to Persia from my crew of felines and myself as well. Another thing
you can try is meat baby food (ckicken, turkey, veal, beef, even a little
ham). It's in the tiny little jars, usually hard to find, seems they bury
them on the bottom shelves. Also, meat sticks for babies - my guys LOVE
them!

Good luck and purrs to you!

JoJo
http://home.comcast.net/~zookeepr/fosters.html

"jmcquown" wrote in message
.. .
Sherry wrote:
She was at 15 lbs. (she's a long cat) this time last Fall. Then she
developed a UTI in December and was down to about 12 lbs. Now she's
at 10 lbs. I've noticed she is not eating the UR food they've got
her on. She'll take a few bites, then just walk away. And she
meows at me constantly if I head for the kitchen, like "Please, I'm
starving!" Okay, I know that's a typical cat-trick but since her
bowl is staying full of food I really do think she's hungry. (I
have not given in! No Fancy Feast!)

Jill, that's an awful lot of weight for her to lose. I wouldn't worry
about that in itself, just the fact that she's not eating enough. I
wonder if the vet will let you switch to another food that she might
like better. Purrs for Persia to stay healthy!

Sherry

Sherry, I just got off the phone with the vet. He said the main thing

right
now is to get her eating this weekend. He suggested water-packed tuna
stirred in with the dry food. Persia may be the only cat who doesn't like
tuna. He said, then try some Fancy Feast. Oh! She'll be thrilled to
hear/eat that! He also suggested something odd: chicken noodle soup mixed
in with the dry food. Really?! Hmmm, never would have thought of that.

On Monday I will pick up some of the UR canned food; he said she may

prefer
that so we'll give it a try. Also said to cut her Clavamox to once a day

stretch it out; this may be a lingering UTI which needs slower treatment

and
a refill on the Rx.

I asked; they did blood tests and all that while she was boarded with them
(which would explain why the bill was over $300). Her kidney's are fine,
but now he's concerned with keeping her liver functions normal as she
recovers.

She's acting normally otherwise, but we need to keep her weight up and

keep
her eating.

Persia and I thank you for the reply and concern, Sherry

Jill

Old April 12th 04, 11:22 PM
Denise VanDyke

Another suggestion - try microwaving the UR food for 7-10 seconds on
high. This is the only way I can get Brenna to eat food that is "wrong"
somehow (texture, flavor, brand, whim).

- Denise

Old April 13th 04, 02:23 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 15:22:31 -0700, Denise VanDyke
wrote:

Another suggestion - try microwaving the UR food for 7-10 seconds on
high. This is the only way I can get Brenna to eat food that is "wrong"
somehow (texture, flavor, brand, whim).

- Denise

I didn't think of it, but this works sometimes with Sammy, who is my
resident picky cat. At first I thought it was just food at of the
fridge that she didn't like, but I've learned that she likes a freash
can warmed a little, too. She likes to lick the juices, and heating it
seems to make things juicier and she's more apt to actually eat the
food when it's warmed a little.
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:

Old April 13th 04, 03:32 AM
Hopitus2

Yeah, when the Evil 3 ate canned food we had to store leftovers in fridge,
and microwaving cold canned food for them added to its appeal. I just kept
sticking my finger in it to make sure (you gotta be careful) it wasn't too
hot for little catmouths. Slightly warm is good. Warm as if for hoomins is
bad for catmouths.

: wrote:
:
: Another suggestion - try microwaving the UR food for 7-10 seconds on
: high. This is the only way I can get Brenna to eat food that is "wrong"
: somehow (texture, flavor, brand, whim).
:
: - Denise
:
: I didn't think of it, but this works sometimes with Sammy, who is my
: resident picky cat. At first I thought it was just food at of the
: fridge that she didn't like, but I've learned that she likes a freash
: can warmed a little, too. She likes to lick the juices, and heating it
: seems to make things juicier and she's more apt to actually eat the
: food when it's warmed a little.
: --
: Steve Touchstone,
: faithful servant of Sammy, Little Bit and Rocky
:
: [remove Junk for email]
: Home Page:
: Cat Pix: http://www.sirinet.net/~stouchst/animals.html