Cat calming muzzle

Old November 4th 06, 09:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Chris

Default Cat calming muzzle

What can you do about a long-haired cat who needs his bum shaving?
We took him to the vet, who said it would probably need shaving every
three months.

Could we do it?

I've heard of cat muzzles which cover the eyes of the cat and hence have
a calming effect. Any experience of these? Or where to get them in UK?
--
Chris
Old November 5th 06, 11:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
S N

Those masks that go over the cats eyes.....do work. We use them when
cutting our cats nails. Some pet stores sell them, or maybe can order
them. Maybe you can buy them on the internet.

Gloria

Old November 5th 06, 03:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"S N" wrote in message
Those masks that go over the cats eyes.....do work.

That surprises me. I knew birds could be calmed by covering
their cages, but I would think a cat would flip out if you were
doing something to them in addition to covering their eyes.

Old November 5th 06, 03:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MaryL

"cybercat" wrote in message

"S N" wrote in message
Those masks that go over the cats eyes.....do work.

That surprises me. I knew birds could be calmed by covering
their cages, but I would think a cat would flip out if you were
doing something to them in addition to covering their eyes.

Same here...I know it can calm a cat in a carrier if a towel or other
covering is put over the carrier. However, I would want to be *very*
cautious about covering a cat's eyes and then trying to carry out any type
of procedure. I think a cat could go into an absolute panic. Neither of
mine even want me to touch their heads with a cloth (and Duffy is somehow
aware of anything approaching his head even though he is blind).

Take great care!!

MaryL