Kitty clock

Old December 28th 06, 07:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Default Kitty clock

Matthew wrote:

Ahhhh the old lets drive the human nuts clock
I have 5 of them but have then I turned the meows off they cats were
getting ****ed plus at 4 am in the morning when it meows and the furballs
fight because of a strange cat cry well you get the picture

I don't think it would bother mine, but then my girls are
unusually laid back about such things.
Old December 28th 06, 07:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

kilikini wrote:

Jo Firey wrote:

"kilikini" wrote in message
. ..

Reminds me of the year my MIL got us a clock that projects the time
on the ceiling at night. We got rid of that one pretty fast, and
were just grateful that she lived far enough away not to question
what happened to it till we could say it broke.

In theory it was fine. In practice it creeped us out.

Jo

I think that would creep me out, too. :~)

Must depend upon the area in which you live - with all the
lights of passing cars projecting on the ceiling at night,
I'd never notice a clock that did likewise!

kili

Old December 28th 06, 09:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:
kilikini wrote:

My mother-in-law thought it would be really fun to give us a kitty
clock for Christmas. It's a really cute clock, so my husband
immediately stuck in 3 (yes it takes 3!) batteries, took down our
regular living room clock, and hung up the kitty clock.

Every hour on it has a picture of a different kind of cat; it's
colorful, it has a nice wooden frame and it's not so tiny that you
can't read the numbers.

We were watching TV and we heard this odd cat cry. We looked at
each other, our cats fled from the room and then we
realized......... it was coming from the clock! You guessed it, it
meows or purrs on every hour with a meow that kind of goes with
whatever cat is on the hour, if that makes any sense.

For instance, on the Siamese number, you get that weird, Siamese
meow.

The gesture of the clock was nice, but we had to hang it on the wall
in the back bedroom because it not only freaks us out every hour,
but our cats go nuts! Their hair stands up, they run and hide, they
think their space is being invaded. I wish there was a way to turn
off the sound or turn it down, we searched, there isn't. It's kind
of funny, just not in the living room! :~)

Sounds fabulous! It also must have taken them a good deal
of searching to find it - the only "cat" clocks I've ever
seen are the ones like cartoon cats, where the eyes roll and
the tail moves like a pendulum. (Those are cute for the
kitchen, but probably not something you'd hang on the living
room wall.)

I don't know where she found it, and it *is* cute, it's just a
little......surprising....... and, like I said, it just freaks the furry
kids out!

kili

Old December 28th 06, 09:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:
kilikini wrote:

CatNipped wrote:

"kilikini" wrote in message

We had one like that - it drove us *crazy*. After a while, when the
batteries just kept going and going and going, we cheated and took
the batteries out! Now it's just a nice wall decoration in the
garage! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

If we had a garage that's probably where this clock would go
eventually as well. LOL. I'm wondering how much longer it's going
to be before it finds itself stuffed back in the closet amongst the
old computer parts. :~)

Can't you at least TRY to get used to it? It sounds so
neat, a real conversation stopper! (I'd LOVE to have a
clock like that, but have never even seen one.)

It's in the back room, but you can still hear it over the volume of the TV
in the living room. If we decide it's too annoying, you can *have* it!
LOL.

kili

Old December 28th 06, 09:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

Sounds fabulous! It also must have taken them a good deal
of searching to find it - the only "cat" clocks I've ever
seen are the ones like cartoon cats, where the eyes roll and
the tail moves like a pendulum. (Those are cute for the
kitchen, but probably not something you'd hang on the living
room wall.)

I have a cat lapel pin with a tail that can swing.

Winnie

Old December 28th 06, 09:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

I don't think it would bother mine, but then my girls are
unusually laid back about such things.

Rusty isn't even much bothered by the fire alarm.

Winnie

Old December 28th 06, 10:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
meeee

LOL how funny!! Sounds like a very nice clock, I wonder if the furballs
would get used to it? Probably not....

Old December 28th 06, 10:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"kilikini" wrote in message
[...]

Some devices that use three batteries use two for one thing and one for the
other. Do the three batteries go together, or is one separated from the
others? It is possible that one (or two) battery controls the clock, while
the other controls the sound. With experimentation, you might be able to
use the clock without the sounds.

Joy

Old December 28th 06, 11:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

kilikini wrote:

[...]

Actually, I've seen those cat clocks (the kind Kili has) in a lot
of places. Plus, my mother has one. (She also has a very similar bird
clock, with 12 birds in a circle around the clock, one for each hour,
which chirps every hour. I think it's really pleasant.) Last time I
visited her, I didn't get to hear the cat clock meow, because she
didn't have any batteries in it. However, it did keep time - not sure
how that worked. Maybe it only needs batteries to produce sounds? Or
maybe she had weak batteries in the clock, and the time-keeping
mechanism doesn't require much power. (I have a battery-powered clock
in my kitchen, it takes one AA battery, and has been running on the same
one for 2 years.) So if she had weak batteries in the clock, it would
still keep time, but not make the right sounds. When the hour would
strike, her clock would make this weird noise, like it was attempting
to meow, but didn't have all the right equipment.

Joyce
Old December 28th 06, 11:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

kilikini wrote:

If we had a garage that's probably where this clock would go eventually as
well. LOL. I'm wondering how much longer it's going to be before it finds
itself stuffed back in the closet amongst the old computer parts. :~)

Can't you at least TRY to get used to it? It sounds so
neat, a real conversation stopper! (I'd LOVE to have a
clock like that, but have never even seen one.)

Idea: Kili, why don't you send your clock to Evelyn? (Only half a
joke.) Assuming you want to get rid of it, of course. But that sounds
like a win-win to me!

Joyce