Kitty clock

Old December 29th 06, 09:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

Default Kitty clock

Marina wrote:
kilikini wrote:
My mother-in-law thought it would be really fun to give us a kitty
clock for Christmas. It's a really cute clock, so my husband
immediately stuck in 3 (yes it takes 3!) batteries, took down our
regular living room clock, and hung up the kitty clock.

Every hour on it has a picture of a different kind of cat; it's
colorful, it has a nice wooden frame and it's not so tiny that you
can't read the numbers.

We were watching TV and we heard this odd cat cry. We looked at
each other, our cats fled from the room and then we
realized......... it was coming from the clock! You guessed it, it
meows or purrs on every hour with a meow that kind of goes with
whatever cat is on the hour, if that makes any sense.

For instance, on the Siamese number, you get that weird, Siamese
meow.

The gesture of the clock was nice, but we had to hang it on the wall
in the back bedroom because it not only freaks us out every hour,
but our cats go nuts! Their hair stands up, they run and hide, they
think their space is being invaded. I wish there was a way to turn
off the sound or turn it down, we searched, there isn't. It's kind
of funny, just not in the living room! :~)

How annoying! I have a similar clock, only it's silent. A friend of
mine found it at a flea market and gave it to me as a house-warming
present. It's basically a plate with different breeds of cat painted
at each hour. It's very simple, but for some reason, it uses up the
single battery very fast.

I'd take yours over mine any day - we use rechargeable batteries! :~)

kili

Old December 29th 06, 12:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

kilikini wrote:
Joy wrote:
"kilikini" wrote in message
[...]

Some devices that use three batteries use two for one thing and one
for the other. Do the three batteries go together, or is one
separated from the others? It is possible that one (or two) battery
controls the clock, while the other controls the sound. With
experimentation, you might be able to use the clock without the
sounds.

Joy

I didn't think to try it, I don't know. For now, we're just seeing
if we can deal with it, as I said, it's a really cute clock. I'll
see if the hubby can take pix. (My camera has no batteries.)

kili

Take them out of the clock and put them in the camera. ;o)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old December 29th 06, 01:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

Adrian A wrote:
kilikini wrote:
Joy wrote:
"kilikini" wrote in message
[...]

ROFL!!!!!!!!!! Great idea!

kili

Old January 2nd 07, 08:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

kilikini wrote:

[...]

Can you try taking out the batteries one by one to see if one of them is
responsible for the sound the clock makes?
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek

Old January 3rd 07, 03:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

NeeCee wrote:
ohh,always wanted one of those,never found one

This is the only my MIL got us; it's a Cat Lover's Club of America clock. I
need to find a better picture.

http://www.nextag.com/Cat-Lovers-Clu...19/prices-html

kili

--
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kilikini

Old January 3rd 07, 04:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

kilikini wrote:

This is the only my MIL got us; it's a Cat Lover's Club of America
clock. I need to find a better picture.

http://www.nextag.com/Cat-Lovers-Clu...19/prices-html

Now I just had to take a photo of my kitty clock:

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...58511339mNoUAh

As I've said, it doesn't miaow (and I'm glad that it doesn't).

Old January 3rd 07, 06:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

Marina wrote:
kilikini wrote:

This is the only my MIL got us; it's a Cat Lover's Club of America
clock. I need to find a better picture.

http://www.nextag.com/Cat-Lovers-Clu...19/prices-html

Now I just had to take a photo of my kitty clock:

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...58511339mNoUAh

As I've said, it doesn't miaow (and I'm glad that it doesn't).

Similar pictures, but I like yours better!

kili

--
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kilikini