Felix - the one who could open doors. (RIP)

Old July 7th 07, 10:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

Default Felix - the one who could open doors. (RIP)

On Sat, 07 Jul 2007 10:50:51 -0700, Bettina wrote:

This afternoon I called the vet to be so friendly and come to my house
to give peace to my loved Felix, the ginger cat.
He got about 11 years old from which he lived about 7 with me and my
other cats. He moved in from the neighbourhood.
Felix was 6 month ago diagnosed with FIV - the feline immune virus
thing which is not curable.

We worked with antibiotics as long as possible, but in the end they
didn`t help anymore
and he couldn`t eat due to his bad stomatitis. The last days he moved
out of the house into the garage and when the pain reliever didn`t
work anymore I made the decision to call the vet.

The vet told me that Felix left very lightly, meaning that his body
really was weak. And that it was the right decision.

Felix was a wonderful, gentle tomcat who was so clever that he could
open doors by jumping on the door handle.
He often slept on my pillow by my head and I let him do so,
growing used to it.

I am heartbroken.
But - he feels no pain anymore which is a good thing.
Some day we will meet at the rainbowbridge.

I let you know this cause I need some consolation.
I feel so deeply sad.

Bettina

I put up a candle group for Felix:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...l=eng&gi=BCFel

Bettina, I'm so very sorry for your loss of your wonderful kitty, Felix.

It was so very good of you to take him in, as a stray cat.

Often, these stray cats, who have had to hunt and fight for food,
shelter, water, and survival, turn out to be the very best of pets.

They are very grateful to the human(s) who take them into their homes,
and always make sure they have enough food, clean water, shelter, and
soft, safe places to sleep.

And they show their gratitude in the love they give their rescuers, each
and every day.

It is very, very sad that became ill and had to go to the Bridge far too
soon.

But you had many good years together; years that Felix would not have
had at all, if you had not saved him.

That is the most important thing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

- Robert Heinlein

Life is very difficult. Once you understand that, life becomes easier.
-Buddha

Old July 8th 07, 12:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

[...]

"Rise up slowly, Angel. It's hard to let you go..."
Sincere condolences. MLB
Old July 8th 07, 02:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

On 2007-07-07 12:50:51 -0500, Bettina said:

[...]

Oh I am so sorry. 11 years is a long time for an FIV cat. You gave him
a wonderful home when many would have put him to sleep years ago
because of a disease like that. ((((((((hugs)))))))

Old July 8th 07, 04:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Helen Wheels

Bettina wrote:
This afternoon I called the vet to be so friendly and come to my house
to give peace to my loved Felix, the ginger cat.
He got about 11 years old from which he lived about 7 with me and my
other cats. He moved in from the neighbourhood.
Felix was 6 month ago diagnosed with FIV - the feline immune virus
thing which is not curable.

So sorry to hear this. We'll be thinking of you.
Old July 8th 07, 07:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Bettina wrote:
This afternoon I called the vet to be so friendly and come to my house
to give peace to my loved Felix, the ginger cat.
He got about 11 years old from which he lived about 7 with me and my
other cats. He moved in from the neighbourhood.
Felix was 6 month ago diagnosed with FIV - the feline immune virus
thing which is not curable.

I'm so sorry to hear about your little Felix.

Old July 8th 07, 10:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Inge Grotjahn

Am 07.07.2007 schrieb Bettina:

This afternoon I called the vet to be so friendly and come to my house
to give peace to my loved Felix, the ginger cat.

Bettina, I'm so sorry for your loss:-( Your description of Felix gives
me a feeling about how deeply you loved him. Making the final
decission is so hard to do, but because of your love, you made it in
time.

He will have a good time at the bridge, waiting for you.

Purrs for your broken heart from
Inge and the catgang
--
CatManiacs World: http://www.gwsystems.com/inge

Old July 8th 07, 08:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bettina

I want to thank you all for your help. I needed that.

It is so good to have people who are like minded.

Bettina

Old July 8th 07, 09:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Bettina wrote:

[...]

I'm so sorry! Eleven years old is too young for you to lose him. He
sounds like he was a wonderful kitty - affectionate and smart.

I've lit a candle for Felix at gratefulness.org. Purrs for you from
me and my gang.

Joyce

Cat doors Cadman Cats - misc 2 April 29th 06 05:36 PM
Wow my cat figured out how to open doors [email protected] Cats - misc 5 December 10th 05 02:19 AM
Cat Doors rickr Cats - misc 0 September 13th 05 01:45 AM
screen doors XYZ Cat health & behaviour 5 June 6th 05 05:04 AM
Well of course I need four doors! Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 4 December 9th 04 04:43 PM