To our British friends

Old July 23rd 07, 10:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

Default To our British friends

I hope all of you and your masters are fine. I have been reading about
flood waters in England. Reports say some area have had 60-year highs, with
more rain forecast. I hope none of you have suffered any losses.

MaryL

Old July 23rd 07, 11:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin - bogus address

I hope all of you and your masters are fine. I have been reading about
flood waters in England. Reports say some area have had 60-year highs,
with more rain forecast. I hope none of you have suffered any losses.

Rain's been pretty bad here too, though no floods like the ones in
England. The BBC says it's already well past the 1947 record.

The pictures and video on the BBC website make Gloucestershire look
like New Orleans after Katrina.

It just gets bloody depressing with week after week of solid rain.
The house is full of washing hanging on racks since nothing will
dry outside, and there are slugs and snails climbing up the doors
and windows and through the catflap. Luckily we've had a couple of
days of mostly sunshine just lately.

The furries are just lazing about and the bitties (three weeks old)
have just started getting all four legs to work in the same direction.
They come out of their nest to look around at about 2am.

Old July 23rd 07, 11:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

"Jack Campin - bogus address" wrote in message
[...]

============== j-c ====== @ ====== purr . demon . co . uk
==============
Jack Campin: 11 Third St, Newtongrange EH22 4PU, Scotland | tel 0131 660
4760
http://www.purr.demon.co.uk/jack/ for CD-ROMs and free | fax 0870 0554
975
stuff: Scottish music, food intolerance, & Mac logic fonts | mob 07800 739
557

That sounds pretty unpleasant, but I'm glad all of you are doing well.
Hurricane Rita (but not Katrina) came directly over my area, and we were
without power for 7 days -- another unpleasant result that can accompany
some of these storms.

MaryL

Old July 23rd 07, 11:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew

. ..

[...]

Lucky you weren't in our area in 2004 Charley 13 days, Francis 11 days, Ivan
7 days, Jeanne 4 days. Generators and solar power only do so much.

Old July 24th 07, 12:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

. ..

[...]

And I thought 30 hours with no power, during a heat wave, was bad!

I've heard that there are parts of England that are without power and
without safe water to drink, and that the stores are out of food.

Joy

Old July 24th 07, 12:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cantate

Purrrrrrrrrrrs for all in Britain. I understand about the mold and
slugs; we're still in rainy season and nothing will dry out here
either. There is actually sunshine today-- the sky is a gorgeous deep
blue (very clean from all the water, I suppose), but they said it
won't last long.

By the way, yesterday my school sent a team of men and high school/
college boys up to help with the Kashiwazaki quake cleanup-- three
vans of helpers. They're going to help people get stuff out of the
collapsed houses, and help clean up rubble and such.

Cantate

Old July 24th 07, 12:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Exocat[_2_]

"MaryL" wrote in message
I hope all of you and your masters are fine.

Thanks for the thoughts. Here in Cornwall we've suffered no flooding, just
dreary wet weather like we do every winter only now it's a bit warmer. The
Masters are unhappy at reduced opportunities to be outside basking and the
doggie's regularly damp but apart from that no problems.

Purrs for the assorted deluges to stop soon & bring relief to upcountry.

Gordon & the FF

Old July 24th 07, 01:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

On 2007-07-23 16:53:09 -0500, "MaryL"
-OUT-THE-LITTER said:

I hope all of you and your masters are fine. I have been reading about
flood waters in England. Reports say some area have had 60-year highs,
with more rain forecast. I hope none of you have suffered any losses.

MaryL

I was wondering how everyone was too. It looks horrible.

Old July 24th 07, 01:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

On Jul 23, 7:22 pm, "Joy" wrote:

And I thought 30 hours with no power, during a heat wave, was bad!

During the ice storm of 1998, many in this area were without
power for weeks. That was in the depth of winter where the temperture
sometimes went down to -30C. I was lucky
the power in my building stayed on.

Winnie

Old July 24th 07, 03:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Flippy[_3_]

I hope all of you and your masters are fine. I have been reading about
flood waters in England. Reports say some area have had 60-year highs,
with more rain forecast. I hope none of you have suffered any losses.

MaryL

Purrs or our British friends.

Flippy.

British shorthair Fred Cat community 0 March 30th 06 04:48 PM
Thoughts go to our British friends.... LemonPops Cat health & behaviour 6 July 9th 05 02:18 PM
anybody have a british cats? * Cat health & behaviour 2 December 19th 04 02:16 PM
OT - Modern British Life by the modern British Child ... dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers Cat anecdotes 7 December 18th 04 02:56 PM