I'm whineing tonight

Old October 2nd 07, 06:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

Default I'm whineing tonight

they are all having a meeting and congratulating themselves, they had fun,
they didn't get killed, and they get pillows for the couch, Lee
Granby wrote in message
It took me three months to save to buy the 4 inch memory foam bed topper.

have left the bed uncovered many times while changing the sheets. Tonight

went to town with my son for about thirty minutes or so. When I got home,
you would have thought it snowed in my bedroom. I turned on the light to
fnd three cats digging in the foam like they were looking for live mice.
Can save a few pieces to make sof pillows out of but that it all!!! I

have
no idea where the fur balls are right now, and frankly don't care at the
moment.

Old October 2nd 07, 03:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Oct 1, 9:26 pm, "Granby" wrote:
It took me three months to save to buy the 4 inch memory foam bed topper. I
have left the bed uncovered many times while changing the sheets. Tonight I
went to town with my son for about thirty minutes or so. When I got home,
you would have thought it snowed in my bedroom. I turned on the light to
fnd three cats digging in the foam like they were looking for live mice.
Can save a few pieces to make sof pillows out of but that it all!!! I have
no idea where the fur balls are right now, and frankly don't care at the
moment.

They would have explained to you that the greeblings were just too
numerous to get at without destroying the foam. But we humans never
listen.

Will in New Haven

Old October 2nd 07, 05:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jane

On Oct 1, 9:26 pm, "Granby" wrote:
It took me three months to save to buy the 4 inch memory foam bed topper. I
have left the bed uncovered many times while changing the sheets. Tonight I
went to town with my son for about thirty minutes or so. When I got home,
you would have thought it snowed in my bedroom. I turned on the light to
fnd three cats digging in the foam like they were looking for live mice.
Can save a few pieces to make sof pillows out of but that it all!!! I have
no idea where the fur balls are right now, and frankly don't care at the
moment.

Oh no, what little rascals! *snort* I'm trying so hard not to
laugh!
But I feel for you, I really do.

Jane

Old October 2nd 07, 08:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Not sleeping last night was enough for me!! I went to sams and got anotheer
topper today. The cats have been moved out of that room except at night
when I am there. They are unhappy, but then, so was I. The office has nice
chairs and they take turns holding down the printer anyway.
"NeeCee" wrote in message
or .............. digging their teeth into your head & chewing your
hair,waking you from a niiiiiice dream,that's Oreo!
wrote in message
Granby wrote:

It took me three months to save to buy the 4 inch memory foam bed
topper. I
have left the bed uncovered many times while changing the sheets.
Tonight I
went to town with my son for about thirty minutes or so. When I got
home,
you would have thought it snowed in my bedroom. I turned on the light
fnd three cats digging in the foam like they were looking for live
mice.
Can save a few pieces to make sof pillows out of but that it all!!! I
have
no idea where the fur balls are right now, and frankly don't care at
the
moment.

AAARRGGGHHH!!! What little brats! I saw your other post where you had
decided to laugh at this, and I commend you, but it would have taken
me longer to get over that one. A good night's sleep on a good mattress
(or foam top on a mattress) is *so* important!

And cats do seem to do whatever they can to ruin one's good sleep,
don't they? If it's not tearing up your brand-new, three-months-of-
hard-work's-pay mattress top, it's lying on your hip so you wake up
in pain, or trying to stick their nose up your nostril, or jumping on
your full bladder, or meowing loudly at the window (Smudge), or
knocking a lamp on your head.

But muffled snicker the scene that awaited you snort actually is
a chortle pretty funny image guffaw!!.

I'm sorry you'll have to start over again! But 3 months isn't really
*that* long a time.

Joyce

Old October 2nd 07, 08:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

I got a new one today, not sleeping last night was enough. They can take
their greeblins into the office from now on!!!
"Will in New Haven" wrote in message
oups.com...

Old October 2nd 07, 08:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

You guys try and be so nice but you all have one problem, YOU REALLY NEED TO
LEARN TO WIPE THE SMIRKS, SMILS etc. off yoour faces before you try and
convince someone you feel for them. *snorkle* *giggle* *laugh*. I can't
even yhell at you guys and better than I couold at the cats. Thanks for
helping me see the "funny" side of this.
"Jane" wrote in message
oups.com...

Old October 2nd 07, 08:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Granby wrote:

Not sleeping last night was enough for me!! I went to sams and got anotheer
topper today. The cats have been moved out of that room except at night
when I am there. They are unhappy, but then, so was I. The office has nice
chairs and they take turns holding down the printer anyway.

Oh, good for you! OK, so you'll be eating Ramen noodles for 3 months, but
you'll be sleeping!!

Joyce
Old October 2nd 07, 08:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Ways for cats to wake you up (was: I'm whineing tonight)

NeeCee wrote:

or .............. digging their teeth into your head & chewing your
hair,waking you from a niiiiiice dream,that's Oreo!

We all have a routine now, where, when I'm getting into bed, all 3 of
them (one by one, in their own time), get onto the bed with me. I read
for a while, then get sleepy and turn out the light. The 3 of them are
in their respective places, and peace reigns.

At some point, I am awakened by loud meowing. It's Smudge, standing
by my pillow, which just happens to be under the bedroom window,
demanding to be let outside.

At this point, I know that if I don't shut her out of my room, my
sleep will be continually interrupted. So I get up and walk to the door.
When she leaves the room, I shut the door. If either of the other two
happens to jump off the bed and head toward the door, they're shut out,
too. Those who remain on the bed are shut *in* the bedroom. That might
sound mean, but read on.

Roxy has a very charming way of letting me know she needs to leave the
bedroom: she climbs on me and purrs into my ear. This is a much more
pleasant way to be awakened than Smudge's yowling. As soon as it's clear
I'm awake, Roxy jumps down and heads for the door. So I get up and let
her out.

I'm not sure exactly how Licky wakes me up, but at some point, I am
awake and Licky is standing by the door. So, out he goes, and the door
is closed, and I can spend the rest of the night in peace.

It's the best of both worlds - some cuddle time with kitties early on,
and then some alone time when I can stretch out as much as I need to,
and don't end up with whining, demanding, heavy, or squabbling cats on
the bed (or on me), where I actually get contiguous minutes of sleeping!

Joyce
Old October 2nd 07, 09:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Granby wrote:

It took me three months to save to buy the 4 inch memory foam bed topper. I
have left the bed uncovered many times while changing the sheets. Tonight I
went to town with my son for about thirty minutes or so. When I got home,
you would have thought it snowed in my bedroom. I turned on the light to
fnd three cats digging in the foam like they were looking for live mice.
Can save a few pieces to make sof pillows out of but that it all!!! I have
no idea where the fur balls are right now, and frankly don't care at the
moment.

I know it's not really funny, but..... Until I got my first
cat (shortly after I got my first apartment) I seldom
bothered to make my bed in the morning. That changed quickly.

Old October 2nd 07, 09:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Granby" wrote in message
It took me three months to save to buy the 4 inch memory foam bed topper.
I have left the bed uncovered many times while changing the sheets.
Tonight I went to town with my son for about thirty minutes or so. When I
got home, you would have thought it snowed in my bedroom. I turned on the
light to fnd three cats digging in the foam like they were looking for
live mice. Can save a few pieces to make sof pillows out of but that it
all!!! I have no idea where the fur balls are right now, and frankly
don't care at the moment.

I sympathise with you so much because you saved up for it, but my advice is,
and has always been *do not allow cats in your bedroom*
That is the one place in the house that my cats cannot go. Ever. Never.

Tweed

Didn't grab the cat tonight dgk Cat health & behaviour 6 February 17th 07 01:43 PM
Tonight Pat Cat anecdotes 0 December 14th 06 05:02 AM
Ha! We set them up tonight ensoul Cat health & behaviour 0 September 8th 05 02:59 AM
Tonight Cheryl Cat anecdotes 15 January 31st 05 01:18 AM
Tonight O J Cat anecdotes 0 January 29th 05 09:04 PM