Hey Bobblespin

Old October 16th 07, 09:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Default Hey Bobblespin

I know what you mean about the younger salespeople looking at you when you
buy something they think you shouldn't be interested in. Last week, my son
took me to a "music?" store to buy the new Queen Latifha CD. She kept
talking to my son. Finally I cleared my throat asn said "young lady I also
want the Danna Owens Cd that was released a few months ago." She said she
had no idea about that one. To which I had to HAD TO inform her that it was
a Queen Latifha CD with Danna Owens being tha ladies real name. The end of
it was she kept talking to my son until he said "hey girl, my mom is 63 and
she wants what she wants if you don't stop talking to me, you will miss a
sale altogether." (He knows my boiling point and, I was way past simmer)

Old October 16th 07, 11:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
bobblespin[_2_]

"Granby" wrote in
:

I know what you mean about the younger salespeople looking at you when
you buy something they think you shouldn't be interested in. Last
week, my son took me to a "music?" store to buy the new Queen Latifha
CD. She kept talking to my son. Finally I cleared my throat asn said
"young lady I also want the Danna Owens Cd that was released a few
months ago." She said she had no idea about that one. To which I had
to HAD TO inform her that it was a Queen Latifha CD with Danna Owens
being tha ladies real name. The end of it was she kept talking to my
son until he said "hey girl, my mom is 63 and she wants what she wants
if you don't stop talking to me, you will miss a sale altogether."
(He knows my boiling point and, I was way past simmer)

When I'm with hubby, it's fun watching their faces. Of course, the video
game store employees make a beeline for him to see if they can help. When
he says I'm the one shopping, they don't quite seem to know what to do :=)

Bobble

Old October 17th 07, 10:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley via CatKB.com

Granby wrote:
Finally I cleared my throat asn said "young lady I also
want the Danna Owens Cd that was released a few months ago." She said she
had no idea about that one. To which I had to HAD TO inform her that it was
a Queen Latifha CD with Danna Owens being tha ladies real name.

I was queuing in a record store once to ask about something and the person in
front of me asked where the Charlie Pride records would be

"Uh..." said the apprentice moron on the desk "Don't know about him- what's
he like?"

"He's black" was the reply

Instant enlightenment: "In that case, soul is over on the left"

Even I know Charlie Pride is a country and western singer!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old October 17th 07, 12:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

ok I can't resist:

I once saw him interviewed, until the first concert the record company had
never put his picture on anything... at the first concert it was time to go
on stage... outrageous cheering and clapping for him to get started... then
he walked out on stage, he said there was a few moments of stunned silence
then very polite clapping, but after he finished the first song it was back
to huge cheering...

and for my salesperson story:

DH and I rarely buy CDs, but we were after a particular one so into best buy
we go, they have a huge selection at decent prices... about the only two
good things I can say about them... we got what we wanted and went to the
counter...

we had quite a stack.. DH sets the beetles up there, then the Harry Chapin
collector set, then the Jim crochi... then I hand the clerk a George Jones
and a George and Tammy... then I hand him an eim eim... the clerk stares for
a moment.. and says to DH Sir this is a rap cd, dh say yes... do you know
about rap sir... yes and dh smiles and says he is quite good have you been
to one of his concert's, the clerk drools a bit and says wistfully no but I
would like to, DH says you need to go we went last month, very worth the
money, Clerk almost crapped himself, but he didn't comment when DH handed
him the last cd which I think was kid rock,

sorry that got so long,

Old October 17th 07, 12:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

That was histerical when it happened and even funnier to read!! My friend
who is 71 bought a kid rock CD for a grandson. The snippet behind the
counter says, "Oh you are buying this for a Gradnchild?" My friend struck a
pose and said "No dearie, it is the only one of the Kid Rock CD's I don't
have." The little snippit actually choked and someone else had to finish
the sale.

Old October 17th 07, 12:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jane

On Oct 16, 4:30 pm, "Granby" wrote:
I know what you mean about the younger salespeople looking at you when you
buy something they think you shouldn't be interested in. Last week, my son
took me to a "music?" store to buy the new Queen Latifha CD. She kept
talking to my son. Finally I cleared my throat asn said "young lady I also
want the Danna Owens Cd that was released a few months ago." She said she
had no idea about that one. To which I had to HAD TO inform her that it was
a Queen Latifha CD with Danna Owens being tha ladies real name. The end of
it was she kept talking to my son until he said "hey girl, my mom is 63 and
she wants what she wants if you don't stop talking to me, you will miss a
sale altogether." (He knows my boiling point and, I was way past simmer)

Try being a WOMAN in a computer store. Even better yet, a FAT
WOMAN.
I might as well be invisible. I have actually had male salesmen turn
their
backs on me rather than ask me if I needed help. Grrrr.

Jane
- owned and operated by the Princess Rita

Old October 17th 07, 12:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Default O. T. Hey Bobblespin

Been there, done that. Add being nearly blind to that and suddenly murder
does not seem like a bad idea. My husband and I about three years before ne
died went to buy a new puter. He was in a wheelchair (which as he said made
him stupid from the start, actually he was about PC's) and then there was
me. I told the young man precisley what I wanted and what I wanted on it.
After 30 minute of him telling me what he wanted me to have, hy husband
pulled me down on his lap and began to wheel us both out the door. Well,
the kid almost ran after us but no deal, "At least at Wal Mart they Listen
to what you want" were our parting words.
"Jane" wrote in message
ups.com...

Old October 17th 07, 01:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley via CatKB.com

Jane wrote:

Try being a WOMAN in a computer store. Even better yet, a FAT
WOMAN.

I know exactly what you're saying- I had a spotty oik barely old enough to
change try and convince me that the mouse I brought didn't work because "Your
MS DOS obviously has a fault in the Bat-exe file or possibly the Del-Exe
files"

Sheesh! Talk about trying to blind me with jargon!

I did get the mouse replaced in the end but the best bit was after dealing
with me, the assistant turned to the next customer who had been watching all
this whilst holding a state of the art portable DVD (and this being a time
when DVD was just out and the portable's were expensive kit indeed) and said
"Do you want to buy that, sir?"

And the guy's reply was: "Yes I do want to buy this but after seeing your
idea of after sales service and your general rudeness over a mouse I want to
buy it somewhere else""

And he put it on the counter and walked out....

Old October 17th 07, 02:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Lesley via CatKB.com wrote:
Jane wrote:

Try being a WOMAN in a computer store. Even better yet, a FAT
WOMAN.

I know exactly what you're saying- I had a spotty oik barely old
enough to change try and convince me that the mouse I brought didn't
work because "Your MS DOS obviously has a fault in the Bat-exe file
or possibly the Del-Exe files"

MS-DOS?! I'm surprised anyone that young even knows what a DOS prompt is!!
Not to mention autoexec.bat! He must have been taking computer classes.
LOL

I did get the mouse replaced in the end but the best bit was after
dealing with me, the assistant turned to the next customer who had
been watching all this whilst holding a state of the art portable DVD
(and this being a time when DVD was just out and the portable's were
expensive kit indeed) and said "Do you want to buy that, sir?"

And the guy's reply was: "Yes I do want to buy this but after seeing
your idea of after sales service and your general rudeness over a
mouse I want to buy it somewhere else""

And he put it on the counter and walked out....

Lesley
Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Good for him! Further, I'd say you should both have had a word with the
store manager. People like this don't belong in customer service jobs.

Jill

Old October 17th 07, 03:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

Try being a WOMAN in a computer store. Even better yet, a FAT
WOMAN.
I might as well be invisible. I have actually had male salesmen turn
their
backs on me rather than ask me if I needed help. Grrrr.

Jane
- owned and operated by the Princess Rita

It's not much better being an older (50-ish) fat man in a computer store.
I also seem to turn invisible as soon as I pass through the doors of the
computer shop. The children they hire as sales people seem shocked when I
start talking intelligently about computers, and tend to be completely
amazed when I demonstrate knowledge of something are totally ignorant of
(like Linux).