Rob's Oncology visit, mostly OT

Old August 20th 08, 10:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

Default Rob's Oncology visit, mostly OT

When I first read the MRI report, I said that it wasn't all that clear to
me. Sorta like kissing your sibling. Well, it was clear to the oncologist.
It is back for sure and we are now going into the next phase of Rob's
odyssey through chemoland.

Tomorrow, we go to Womack Army Medical Center to arrange for a surgeon to
put in a Porta-Cath. This is to make administering his new chemo therapy
easier. Then, after it is in, he will be put on a course or two of Avastin
and CPT-11. He will be on these through two courses of each then they will
have another MRI done.

Rob's Doctor states that the prognosis depends mainly on Rob. If he can
handle the chemo well, shows up on the right days and times for chemo (a
stab at me because they called to change his appointment and didn't have an
up to date phone number for us, or so they said), is able to keep his blood
count looking good, and so on and so forth, he will do much better than
expected. If he doesn't do all those things, he will not last long. My
money is on Rob. He's pig headed.

The cats have known for over a month now. Right now Rob is sleeping with
QC, Merlin, and Huey with him and Tanada is waiting her turn.

I asked about taking Rob to Kentucky. I was told to do it as soon as I can
arrange it. Sigh. Mike wants us to go down to Disney World as soon as we
can too. He understands that Kentucky is our first priority. Somehow.

Pam S.

Old August 20th 08, 11:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"tanadashoes" wrote in message
m...
[...]

Rob seems to be good at defeating odds and expectations-- just like cats.
Our very best purrs, as always, are with you.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old August 21st 08, 12:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kajikit[_2_]

On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 17:55:44 -0400, "tanadashoes"
wrote:

[...]

When you plan to get down to Disney, let us know and we'll drive up
and visit with you and take you all out to dinner - John loved meeting
you and Rob at the reunion...

We'll be praying for you.
Old August 21st 08, 01:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Aug 20, 5:55 pm, "tanadashoes" wrote:
[...]

Pam and Rob and the cats

--
Will in New Haven

"Tho' much is taken, much abides; and though
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
Alfred Tennyson - "Ulysses"
Old August 21st 08, 01:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message
m...

Rob seems to be good at defeating odds and expectations-- just like cats.
Our very best purrs, as always, are with you.

Thanks, we appreciate your thoughts and purrs. Rob is tough, but this one
is slowly winning.

Pam S.

Old August 21st 08, 01:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^'..'^=

"Kreisleriana"

"tanadashoes"
[...]

Theresa couldn't have said it better.
And I am wishing both Rob and you the best as well

Kyla and Clowder

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old August 21st 08, 01:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Kajikit" wrote in message

When you plan to get down to Disney, let us know and we'll drive up
and visit with you and take you all out to dinner - John loved meeting
you and Rob at the reunion...

We'll be praying for you.

Thanks. It all depends on so many things. Mike really wants us down there,
but Rob really wants to go play around the helicopters one last time. I'll
keep the group informed about what is happening with us.

Pam S.

Old August 21st 08, 01:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Will in New Haven" wrote in message

Pam and Rob and the cats

--
Will in New Haven

Hugs back Will. Rob is special, as those who've come to know him
understand. He's a nutter, but I love him.

Pam S.

Old August 21st 08, 02:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

tanadashoes wrote:
The cats have known for over a month now. Right now Rob is sleeping with
QC, Merlin, and Huey with him and Tanada is waiting her turn.

Lots and lots of purrs.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old August 21st 08, 03:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_4_]

"Kajikit" wrote in message

When you plan to get down to Disney, let us know and we'll drive up
and visit with you and take you all out to dinner - John loved meeting
you and Rob at the reunion...

We'll be praying for you.

Thanks. It all depends on so many things. Mike really wants us down
there, but Rob really wants to go play around the helicopters one last
time. I'll keep the group informed about what is happening with us.

Pam S.

That made my breath catch. My thoughts, prayers and my gangs loudest purrs
are sent to you and Rob and family. That sounds so lame to me read aloud
but I have nothing else.