Stinky back from vet

Old September 26th 08, 01:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

Default Stinky back from vet

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Marina" wrote in message
Kreisleriana wrote:
It wasn't today, but the day I have dreaded will be very soon, I'm
afraid. Oh, my sweet boy.

I'm so very sad for you, Theresa. We're purring for strength for you, and
for Stinky to defy all odds and rally once more.

{{{{{Theresa}}}}} Crying with you.

Kitty FC has done it, maybe Stinky can too. I have a very soft spot in my
heart for Stinky. I think he has a chance for a while yet as long as
Theresa believes in herself, rather than the vet. KFC would be gone a
while ago if I hadn't questioned the decision when she was certainly very
poorly. He gave me a few days to decide about RB.
I knew it wasn't time - and here she still is, bright as a button atm.
She does take some nursing along (read she takes up my life with her
CRF..)
Every time her appetite takes a dip, given that she eats nothing but
chicken now, I panic,. I am sure it's the end.
It isn't. The steroid injections get her eating again and with her new
posh hairdo courtesy of June she seems to feel fantastic. She is trying
to come on my knee now.

Tweed

Thanks both of you. I spoke to the vet today, and his kidneys are not
worse, but he's anemic. The problem is that the kidney failure makes it
problematic to treat his anemia with the drug available. The vet left the
ball in my court, and I am not sure what to do, besides watch him carefully
over the next few days.

Christine, believe me, I don't need him to be perfect or young. It is OK
with me if he does do nothing but sit in a chair as long as he seems happy
and responds to us-- I think he has done more than enough for me, to merit
"taking up my life" as you put it. I am perfectly willing to support
whatever it takes to stabilize him in a realistic way. But if I don't have
a realistic chance of getting him to the kind of stability that your Kitty
has enjoyed for the past several years-- I would love that, and pray for it.
I sincerely don't know how much I could stand to see him decline beyond what
he is now.
Here although we have the example of your wonderful Kitty, and Biddy, and
some others, 17 1/2 is a very advanced age for a cat. I don't want to
deprive him of any happy life he could have. But I don't want to find that
I am making him suffer over some idea I might have about how long I want him
to live.

So I just don't know. I will just talk it over with Mom. and watch. And
make sure he knows how much he is loved.

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old September 26th 08, 02:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Honey you are doing all you can do. I said before, you really will know
when it is time. You loved him and in the end that is what will guide you.
Hugs and prayers to all of you.
m...

Old September 26th 08, 04:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

"Marina" wrote in message
Kreisleriana wrote:
[...]

Psst, Granby. Wee cant tak heer. Tell hur weee iz purrin four him an
four hur

--
Maggy May an da cats on rpcc

--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Stinky Pictures:http://community.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh- Hide quoted text -

Old September 26th 08, 08:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Marina" wrote in message
Kreisleriana wrote:
[...]

If he's going to decline further because of anaemia and there's any
possibility he could die of that I would go for it if Stinky were my cat.
There nothing to lose.

Christine, believe me, I don't need him to be perfect or young. It is OK
with me if he does do nothing but sit in a chair as long as he seems happy
and responds to us-- I think he has done more than enough for me, to merit
"taking up my life" as you put it.

I hope I did not offend you with that. I am quite happy to let KFC "take up
my life" with her CRF, as you are with Stinky. I merely meant it *does*
take a lot of time to cook special food every day, sit with her while she
eats it etc.

I am perfectly willing to support whatever it takes to stabilize him in a
realistic way. But if I don't have a realistic chance of getting him to
the kind of stability that your Kitty has enjoyed for the past several
years-- I would love that, and pray for it. I sincerely don't know how
much I could stand to see him decline beyond what he is now.

You won't know if you don't try. Several times I have nearly given up on
KFC, especially when my vet said "consider letting her go in a few days."
Pfff to that. Find some CRF forums on the internet and take some advice
from them.
Vets are used to "ordinary people" who will not go the extra mile to nurse
their pets, and that's why they often recommend euthanasia.

Go, Stinky!

Here although we have the example of your wonderful Kitty, and Biddy, and
some others, 17 1/2 is a very advanced age for a cat. I don't want to
deprive him of any happy life he could have. But I don't want to find
that I am making him suffer over some idea I might have about how long I
want him to live.

So I just don't know. I will just talk it over with Mom. and watch. And
make sure he knows how much he is loved.

I'll be with you every step of the way.

Tweed

Old September 26th 08, 11:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Maggy May, you are right, all the cats on rpcc are purring for Stinky. They
are also sending purrs and prayers for his slave.
"Will in New Haven" wrote in message
On Sep 25, 9:13 pm, "Granby" wrote:
Honey you are doing all you can do. I said before, you really will know
when it is time. You loved him and in the end that is what will guide you.
Hugs and prayers to all of you."Kreisleriana"
wrote in message

m...

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message

Old September 26th 08, 11:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

I am very sorry Theresa you are doing the best you can and Stinky knows
it
"Kreisleriana" wrote in message

Stinky is back home from the vet. His own vet is on maternity leave, so
we saw the boss vet of the practice.
He said that Stinky is a very old cat, and that subQ is not a miracle
cure. He also said that I was doing all I could and shouldn't beat myself
up. He said that there may be other clinical reasons for his decline,
like a tumor we can't find, or anemia, and that well, he is old, and can't
respond to the care we give him as he did when he was younger. He took
blood and I'm going to call tomorrow to find if there is anything new. I
am glad and relieved Stink is home with me today, but I frankly don't
expect to hear anything hopeful tomorrow. It wasn't today, but the day I

Old September 26th 08, 11:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Granby" wrote in message
Honey you are doing all you can do. I said before, you really will know
when it is time. You loved him and in the end that is what will guide
you. Hugs and prayers to all of you.

Wot Granby said.

Pam S. agreeing

Old September 27th 08, 05:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine Burel[_2_]

Location: Albuquerque, NM, USA

Sending purrs that your sweet kitty will have more time with you - you might
ask your vet if IV fluids overnight at the vet's for 24 hours might make a
difference? I was visiting Tucker this week and there was a very talkative
black 18-yr-old girlcat who was getting IV fluids for several days - she did
come in dehydrated with very bad bloodwork but had perked up considerably
and her cattitude was definitely there. Her owner and I chatted for quite a
while.
purrs for Stinky, thinking of you,
Christine

Old September 27th 08, 08:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl

[...]

A little late but I'm sad to read about Stinky. I feel like I know him and
I know he's your heart. Purrs for him to stay comfortable for a little
longer.

Cheryl

Old September 27th 08, 11:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

"Kreisleriana" wrote:

So I just don't know. I will just talk it over with Mom. and watch. And
make sure he knows how much he is loved.

How's he doing today?

--
Joyce ^..^