OT Need advice on cake.

Old March 11th 09, 08:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

Default OT Need advice on cake.

I have decided I'm going to make a cake for St Patrick's Day. (The
pred is running rampant)

I want to make a Baileys Irish Cream Cake. I know I'm asking for
trouble if I try to make it entirely from scratch, so I bought a milk
chocolate cake mix, some butter and a lot of powdered sugar.

I figure I can replace part of the liquid in the cake with Baileys,
and also put some in a buttercream frosting.

Anyone out there that bakes a lot?

I'm looking for guesses as to how much Baileys I should put in the
cake and in the frosting?

Jo

Old March 11th 09, 08:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

I'm no baker, but i would say as much as you can stand, i love that stuff,
it doesn't like me much, Lee

Old March 11th 09, 09:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

On Mar 11, 2:30*pm, "Jofirey" wrote:
I have decided I'm going to make a cake for St Patrick's Day. *(The
pred is running rampant)

I want to make a Baileys Irish Cream Cake. *I know I'm asking for
trouble if I try to make it entirely from scratch, so I bought a milk
chocolate cake mix, some butter and a lot of powdered sugar.

I figure I can replace part of the liquid in the cake with Baileys,
and also put some in a buttercream frosting.

Anyone out there that bakes a lot?

I'm looking for guesses as to how much Baileys I should put in the
cake and in the frosting?

Jo

Bailey's Irish Cream Cake
1 pkg. Duncan Hines yellow cake mix (without pudding)
3/4 cup chopped nuts
1 package instant French vanilla pudding
4 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup Bailey's Irish Cream
Bailey's Irish Cream frosting (recipe below)

Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour a 12 cup bundt pan. Sprinkle
nuts into bottom of pan. Combine remaining ingredients in large mixing
bowl. Beat four minutes on high speed, pour into pan. Bake 45 to 55
minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes
out clean. Let cake cool and invert onto plate.

Bailey's Irish Cream Frosting

1 pound powdered sugar
5 1/2 tablespoons butter, softened
1/4 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons Bailey's Irish Cream

Beat all ingredients in a small bowl until fluffy.

Note: Recipe contributed by Aunt Judy

From: http://www.christmas-cookies.com/rec...ream-cake.html
Old March 11th 09, 09:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

"Jofirey" wrote in message

I have decided I'm going to make a cake for St Patrick's Day. (The
pred is running rampant)

I want to make a Baileys Irish Cream Cake. I know I'm asking for
trouble if I try to make it entirely from scratch, so I bought a milk
chocolate cake mix, some butter and a lot of powdered sugar.

I figure I can replace part of the liquid in the cake with Baileys,
and also put some in a buttercream frosting.

Anyone out there that bakes a lot?

I'm looking for guesses as to how much Baileys I should put in the
cake and in the frosting?

Just be aware that the stuff is full of sugar as well.

You may want to use a dash of irish whiskey instead of Bailey's in the cake
so you don't overload on sugar (unless of course you like that sort of
thing). With the frosting, I'd say just mix more icing sugar into the
baileys until its stiff enought spread :-)

I just had a quick google of "Bailey's cake" - that should give you an idea.

Irish cream is, IIRC, Irish whiskey, evaporated milk, sugar, vanilla &
chocolate flavouring if that helps.

Yowie
--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many
pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have bones.

Old March 11th 09, 10:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Yowie wrote:
"Jofirey" wrote in message

[...]

I've put on a pound just thinking about that recipe. ;-)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old March 11th 09, 10:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

this just sounds too good, and i bet gramby already has it made, Lee

From:
http://www.christmas-cookies.com/rec...ream-cake.html

Old March 11th 09, 11:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB

Jofirey wrote:
I have decided I'm going to make a cake for St Patrick's Day. (The
pred is running rampant)

I want to make a Baileys Irish Cream Cake. I know I'm asking for
trouble if I try to make it entirely from scratch, so I bought a milk
chocolate cake mix, some butter and a lot of powdered sugar.

I figure I can replace part of the liquid in the cake with Baileys,
and also put some in a buttercream frosting.

Anyone out there that bakes a lot?

I'm looking for guesses as to how much Baileys I should put in the
cake and in the frosting?

Jo

It will probably be delicious if you follow the package instructions then put the Baileys in you. LOL. MLB

Old March 11th 09, 11:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

yes it is that is why i can't tolerate much of it, if i drink whiskey i am
allergic, i break out in fights, it is one of the few ways i can have
whiskey, and if i could drink it i would probably drink too much so i guess
its really i guess, ok, Lee

Old March 11th 09, 11:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

I knew i liked you, Lee...

hey Gramby what about that recipe, but for every day use, put in some of
that gediva? Lee, thinking she is probably baking it right now

Old March 11th 09, 11:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

On Mar 11, 4:59*pm, "Stormmee" wrote:
this just sounds too good, and i bet gramby already has it made, Lee

I made it for my mother-in-law last year on her birthday (she's a huge
Bailey's fan). She hates chocolate in any form, and she loved this
cake (I'm presuming you could just substitute the chocolate cake for
the yellow cake, probably chocolate pudding then as well).

One slice will do ya though, it's really rich.

From:http://www.christmas-cookies.com/rec...irish-crea...- Hide quoted text -

This takes the cake Jo Firey Cat anecdotes 9 August 28th 06 02:51 AM
Ordering the Cake [email protected] Cat anecdotes 6 July 8th 05 11:06 PM
Kitty litter cake Hans Schrøder Cat anecdotes 0 November 4th 04 04:43 PM
Kitty litter cake Yoj Cat anecdotes 2 October 3rd 04 03:50 AM
B & C - The Xmas Cake Bev Cat anecdotes 5 December 26th 03 04:06 PM