I forgot

Old May 15th 09, 09:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default I forgot

On May 15, 12:47*pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

I did not expect her to be snatched by a cat rescue weirdo when she ventured
outside,

I am more and more starting to wonder about the so-called rescuer

tonight, still looking for the 3
legged blue cat whose owner I spoke to a few days ago. *A few purrs for him
would be good,

Purrs are on the way for him as well as you

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old May 15th 09, 09:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:

I did not expect her to be snatched by a cat rescue weirdo when she
ventured
outside,

I am more and more starting to wonder about the so-called rescuer

I have never hidden what she looked like at 25 yo. Her coat looked awful
again and June and I needed to groom out her mats. She just could not groom
herself but she hated it so much if we plucked her so we liked to wait until
it was absolutely essential.
Plus she had a dreadful URTI which my vet was finding it difficult to
control but they never said it was necessary to put her down because of it.
I will not tell them what happened. They will go ape****.
I shall say she passed away in front of the fire, overnight, if they ask.

I don't want to start a vet war. Which it might.

Tweed

Old May 15th 09, 10:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

wrote:

I did not expect her to be snatched by a cat rescue weirdo when she
ventured
outside,

I am more and more starting to wonder about the so-called rescuer

I have never hidden what she looked like at 25 yo. Her coat looked
awful again and June and I needed to groom out her mats. She just
could not groom herself but she hated it so much if we plucked her so
we liked to wait until it was absolutely essential.
Plus she had a dreadful URTI which my vet was finding it difficult to
control but they never said it was necessary to put her down because
of it. I will not tell them what happened. They will go ape****.
I shall say she passed away in front of the fire, overnight, if they
ask.
I don't want to start a vet war. Which it might.

Tweed

I would tell them the truth if they ask, I've never seen the point of lying
to protect someones feelings. I worry about Snoopy now, she was never
chipped for the same reason as KFC and like her, her coat is a bit scruffy.
At 19 she is nowhere near as old as KFCbut she's no kitten either, if
someone "rescued" her I don't know what I'd do.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old May 16th 09, 12:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Adrian" wrote in message
om...
wrote:

[...]

Get her chipped. Tomorrow. In case someone "rescues" her and a vet decides
she's too old to be adopted or to bother with.
I did consider having KFC microchipped,but it would have made no difference
to call my home phone when I was in hospital.
Boyfie is chipped and now I want him to have June's number as an
alternative. I will have to get in touch with his "chip people"

Tweed

Old May 16th 09, 03:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CN

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"jmcquown" wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote in message
I am about to go to bed and I just checked to make sure KFC was on hers.
Oh dear. It's such a habit.
And it brings tears every time when I remember.

Tweed

{{{{{{{{Christina}}}}}}} It's got to be terribly difficult. I know you
miss her. I'm so sorry for your loss.

I could have accepted it if I was my own decision and my own vets too.
But it wasn't, and to find that your beloved girl has been destroyed in
your absence when you were in hospital is more than difficult.
I never thought it was necessary to microchip her or put an address on her
collar since she never stepped more than a few yards from her house for
years.
I did not expect her to be snatched by a cat rescue weirdo when she
ventured outside, perhaps to look for me when I was taken to hospital the
previous evening.
I had made arrangements that June would care for her until I was back
again.
I intend to find out who did it.
There was a flyer though my letterbox tonight, still looking for the 3
legged blue cat whose owner I spoke to a few days ago. A few purrs for
him would be good, he's been missing since Apr 12 and seems to have
totally disappeared.
At least I know what happened to KFC even though it was not what I wanted
to hear. It must be terrible for her to not know where her boy is.

Tweed

I'm very afraid that he shared the same fate as KFC. Purrs are on the way
for his grieving slaves - you're right, as hard as it is to know that your
beloved pet has died, it's harder still to not know.

Please let us know if you find out who did it and talk to her - I'd be very
curious to know what she has to say for herself.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old May 16th 09, 05:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Steve Touchstone[_3_]

On Fri, 15 May 2009 20:47:41 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

snip
[...]

purrs on the way for the stil-missing three legged one.
Old May 16th 09, 10:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"CN" wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote in message

I intend to find out who did it.
There was a flyer though my letterbox tonight, still looking for the 3
legged blue cat whose owner I spoke to a few days ago. A few purrs for
him would be good, he's been missing since Apr 12 and seems to have
totally disappeared.
At least I know what happened to KFC even though it was not what I wanted
to hear. It must be terrible for her to not know where her boy is.

Tweed

I'm very afraid that he shared the same fate as KFC. Purrs are on the way
for his grieving slaves - you're right, as hard as it is to know that your
beloved pet has died, it's harder still to not know.

Please let us know if you find out who did it and talk to her - I'd be
very curious to know what she has to say for herself.

Mr Barrajo and the RSPCA have denied all knowledge of the three legged blue
cat (and they were asked prior to the KFC fiasco so they had no reason to
fear an internet attack ;-) )
Unless it is indeed a weirdo who picks up cats with medical needs and takes
them to different vets to avoid detection, which would suggest she knows
what she's doing is not right. I don't like to think about that but I don't
see how a such a distinctive cat can seemingly disappear from the face of
the earth.
If someone had thought he was lost, they would have reported him but even if
they had decided to keep him, the flurry of publicity would surely have
brought them forward to reunite him with his owners, especially as there is
quite a reward for his safe return. You can't claim you didn't know the cat
you found wasn't this one, could you? Huge blue male shorthair, one front
leg missing? Nah.
I saw his pic, he had quite a long nose, he looked like a Russian Blue. to
my untrained eye.
I never thought to ask his owner about that, nor how he lost his leg. She
said she had bought him from someone who was not able to look after him
properly.
I don't know if I will ever find out who was responsible for KFC's kidnap.
I would have expected the "missing" posters to bring that person to my house
to tell me (as surely she would not know what action the vet would take) but
they didn't. I have taken most of them down now, but have left 4 or so up
in adjoining roads for now.
I will not forget what has happened. One day someone in this fairly small
community will let something out and I will get to hear of it, probably
accidentally. It may take years, but I have a long memory.
It sounds like I want revenge, doesn't it, but that is not my motivation. I
want to know *why* if someone finds an old cat with the sneezies in the
street, they just don't knock on a few neighbours doors to see if they can
find out where she lives and why the assumption that she is not getting
veterinary care provided by her owner. Which of course, she was.

I will get out Boyfie's microchip info tomorrow and see if I can put June's
number on the contacts. It would not have helped in the slightest if KFC
had been microchipped or had her phone number on her collar. I was not
contactable, I was in hospital.

Tweed

Old May 16th 09, 10:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article ,
Christina Websell wrote:
I am about to go to bed and I just checked to make sure KFC was on hers.
Oh dear. It's such a habit.
And it brings tears every time when I remember.

Tweed

Sweep went to RB 14 years ago and Sophie 4 years ago and I still say good
night to them every night and sleep with Sophie's photo under my pillow.
It seems to keep them with me.

Purrs for your pain to ease and the good memories to make you smile not
cry.

Thanks. They will come, I am sure, but at the moment I am still battling
the "what-ifs"
What if I hadn't got ill, what if that person was not walking past and saw
her, what if I'd firmly shut the back door to keep her in when I had to go
to hospital, even though Boyfie was out? It would have meant him spending
the night outside until June got there in the morning.
So many what-ifs.

Tweed

Old May 17th 09, 03:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CN

"CN" wrote in message
[...]

With the three legged boy is it possible he may have run afoul of a fox? I
know you said they don't usually take on cats, but he might have had a
disadvantage because of his missing leg.

Like you, I don't think I could ever forget what was done - just the trauma
of it would remain with me (and, as a fellow Scorpio, I know that we never,
ever, ever forget a wrong done us, even if we don't avenge it - no, I don't
really believe in astrology, but it is mighty coincidental that so many
Scorpios I know seem to have this same trait!)

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old May 17th 09, 03:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CN

Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

You have to stop the "what if" game, Tweed. I can tell you from experience
that it can drive you mad and serves absolutely no good purpose. "What if"
will not change what happened, it will only lessen your ability to cope with
what happened.

I know it's hard, but you have to let go of the guilt - you did nothing at
all wrong now did you? Did you deliberately leave the door open thinking
that KFC would get out, get picked up and euthanized??! No, of course you
didn't! You were being rushed to hospital to have emergency surgery!!
Events happened that were beyond your ability to predict or change.

Let it go or let it forever sour your memories of your beloved pet - your
choice. I know that's harsh, but think about it - do you really want to
only remember KFC with guilt and hurt and "what ifs"? Of course you don't,
sweetie... cry it out and let it go.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Oh, I forgot tanadashoes Cat anecdotes 1 March 24th 09 03:10 PM
Oh, I forgot. . . tanadashoes Cat anecdotes 1 September 5th 08 07:02 PM
Oh I forgot OT and all that tanadashoes Cat anecdotes 5 October 12th 07 07:47 PM
Forgot this! Tanada Cat anecdotes 2 March 25th 07 03:02 PM
Forgot to add AJ Cat health & behaviour 2 January 27th 04 12:31 PM