claw clipping frequency

Old March 2nd 04, 02:07 PM
J1Boss

From: "Diane L. Schirf"

IBen's "reasoning" generally is quite . . . interesting.

--
http://www.mindspring.com/~slywy/
http://slywy.diaryland.com/

Yeah........ I know he's a troll who I'm wasting my breathe trying to respond
sanely to, but it was just my mood this morning! ;-D He's going in the
killfile with some very good company!

Janet Boss
Best Friends Dog Obedience
"Nice Manners for the Family Pet"
Voted "Best of Baltimore 2001" - Baltimore Magazine
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com

Old March 2nd 04, 02:07 PM
J1Boss

Old March 3rd 04, 07:42 AM
IBen Getiner

(J1Boss) wrote in message ...
From:
(IBen Getiner)

Just have the useless things removed.

Ahhh - see - this is where your reasoning is flawed. They are very useful. He
couldn't climb his cat tree without them and he ADORES his cat tree.

Then get him a different cat tree! Ours has a cat tree with platforms
thoughtfully arranged to help him STEP up. And only a flawed mind
would conceive that something as irrelevant as a stupid cat tree would
be worth the boundless unlimited heartache brought upon by the misuse
of those twenty little demon daggers. So you see ... you're the flawed
one, dear.

He can
also scratch an itch when need be.

Do you need claws to scratch an itch..?

It hasn't hurt our cat one bit
(he is convinced he still has them). Had them done front and rear.

Only cat I ever knew who had both front and back done was in order to try to
save himself. He resorted to using his teeth to mutilate himself instead - not
a pretty picture.

Again, despite the shriek tactics from the kooks gallery, ours is
doing FINE. Sorry to rain on your parade of doom and gloom, but that's
just the way it is.

There is absolutely no reason for an inside cat to posses destructive
implements like claws.
It only hurts for a little while, girls...

Well, that would be wrong. His claws serve to help him climb and play and
they'll be staying thank you. They'll just stay trimmed more frequently.

He doesn't need them, Jan. If you'll notice, your cat uses them for
every conceivable thing . From quickly getting to his feet and gaining
traction to holding onto something when you try to move him off. All
totally unnecessary and all easily overcome.

You and your ilk just can't stand the thought of something ...
anything ... not being able to do as they like, whenever they like!
That's all it is! IDDIN IT...? This is why your children are such
terrors to the communities that you abide in. Take some friendly
advice.. Stick to cats and shredded furniture. At least that way, it's
only YOUR stuff that your little terror screws up and not your
neighbors.