Purrs for Phoebe and her new furbabies

Old September 16th 03, 05:27 AM
Lois Reay

Default Purrs for Phoebe and her new furbabies

Yesterday after a very long marathon effort Phoebe produced TEN new
furbabies - she had six in an hour and a half, then had a rest for over an
hour (I thought she had finished!!) and then produced the other four - we
are all recovering today.

Phoebe is at a disadvantage as far as teats are concerned as she was born
with only seven - at the moment things seem fine and I don't want to
interfere if I don't have to - but am ready if any of them needs a helping
hand - I have one of my vet friends calling in tomorrow so I will get him to
give them the once over.

I didn't want her to have ten but now that they are here I don't want to
lose any - so I am asking for a few purrs for their survival and well being.

Thank you.

Lois

Old September 16th 03, 06:35 AM
Seanette Blaylock

"Lois Reay" had some very interesting things to
say about Purrs for Phoebe and her new furbabies:

Yesterday after a very long marathon effort Phoebe produced TEN new
furbabies - she had six in an hour and a half, then had a rest for over an
hour (I thought she had finished!!) and then produced the other four - we
are all recovering today.
Phoebe is at a disadvantage as far as teats are concerned as she was born
with only seven - at the moment things seem fine and I don't want to
interfere if I don't have to - but am ready if any of them needs a helping
hand - I have one of my vet friends calling in tomorrow so I will get him to
give them the once over.
I didn't want her to have ten but now that they are here I don't want to
lose any - so I am asking for a few purrs for their survival and well being.

That's an unusually large litter, isn't it?

Let's see, is Phoebe the one who showed great ingenuity and
determination when she got pregnant? :-)

--
Seanette Blaylock
"You attribute perfect rationality to the whole of humanity, which has
Old September 16th 03, 07:17 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 16:27:44 +1200, "Lois Reay"
wrote:

Yesterday after a very long marathon effort Phoebe produced TEN new
furbabies - she had six in an hour and a half, then had a rest for over an
hour (I thought she had finished!!) and then produced the other four - we
are all recovering today.

Phoebe is at a disadvantage as far as teats are concerned as she was born
with only seven - at the moment things seem fine and I don't want to
interfere if I don't have to - but am ready if any of them needs a helping
hand - I have one of my vet friends calling in tomorrow so I will get him to
give them the once over.

I didn't want her to have ten but now that they are here I don't want to
lose any - so I am asking for a few purrs for their survival and well being.

Thank you.

Lois

Sending purrs for all to go well with this monster litter ;-)

Old September 16th 03, 10:47 AM
polonca12000

Lots of purrs and best wishes for all the little kitties and their momma to
survive and thrive,
--
Polonca & Soncek
PS: Any pics?

"Lois Reay" wrote in message
Yesterday after a very long marathon effort Phoebe produced TEN new
furbabies - she had six in an hour and a half, then had a rest for over an
hour (I thought she had finished!!) and then produced the other four - we
are all recovering today.

snip

Old September 16th 03, 02:06 PM
whayface

wrote:

Phoebe is at a disadvantage as far as teats are concerned as she was born
with only seven - at the moment things seem fine and I don't want to
interfere if I don't have to - but am ready if any of them needs a helping
hand - I have one of my vet friends calling in tomorrow so I will get him to
give them the once over.

Maybe Phoebe can help nurse 1 or 2 if she only has a few ?? Just a
thought.

http://www.ameritech.net/users/lestark/my-babies.htm

Old September 16th 03, 02:09 PM
JBHajos

wrote:

I didn't want her to have ten but now that they are here I don't want to
lose any - so I am asking for a few purrs for their survival and well being.

Oh, my, poor Phoebe!!! She must feel overwhelmed! Maybe even
thinking it's time to retire. Most certainly, we send many purrs for
the little ones, hoping they're all hale and hearty. (I envy you with
a household teeming with bouncy little furbabies - lots of work but
sooo much fun!!!)

Jeanne
Jeanne Hajos
spamguard u is i, and not is net)
===
"Anger improves nothing except the arch of a cat's back."
--- Coleman Cox
My SETI team:
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/s...am_125874.html
Old September 16th 03, 02:32 PM
Victor M. Martinez

Lois Reay wrote:
I didn't want her to have ten but now that they are here I don't want to
lose any - so I am asking for a few purrs for their survival and well being.

Purrs on the way!!! Poor mamma!!! 10 hungry mouths to feed... crazy...

--
Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv

Old September 16th 03, 03:47 PM
Lisa Katt

Many, many purrs for everyone!
Elisabet and Hugo Katt

Old September 16th 03, 06:29 PM
Jo Firey

Wow, Phoebe and you sure have your work cut out don't you? She is an experienced mom
isn't she? I hope all the kits are well and healthy. And you do have the advantage
of knowing how to keep their mom well and healthy while she cares for them. Someone
out there is getting Christmas kittens, they just don't know it yet do they?

--
Jo Firey

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take
our breath away."