We now have six owners :-) and other updates

Old November 30th 04, 04:18 AM
Tanada

Default We now have six owners :-) and other updates

Saturday, Squeakers left on his epic journey to his only home in Omak,
Washington. His owner, Simeon, got out of the army and is taking
Squeakers home with him. We're already missing them both. They're
currently in Jefferson City, Missouri, staying with relatives and
waiting for the weather to become clear enough to continue their travels.

The cats were very needful after the Squeaks left. Tanada went wiggy
and was upside downy head and was making sure that we know that she
loves us. Huey moped all day and is acting clingy. Poor kid.

Berfert is in sore need of dental work. We're waiting for the money
from the closing of the house to get the work done. We re-financed it
and should be getting some money from someone soon.

Rob went in for his first medical exam for social security disability
payments. The doctor who examined him says that he's disabled. Now we
have to get past the second doctor and hope he agrees. Sigh. We only
signed up for this three months ago. We also have his VA
re-certification appointment coming up. He has to prove that he's 100%
disabled for the VA to keep sending him the current amount of money each
month. Rob has been depressed and thinks that the VA is just waiting
for him to die so that they won't have to pay out more money.

Having Smokey, Grayling, or whatever his name is and Speedy the wonder
mutt around has helped keep Rob busy. He's been in charge of Speedy
when Mandy isn't around to take care of him. Speedy has a delicate
digestion and cannot eat people food. We discovered this over the
holiday. Speedy ate turkey and ham with disastrous consecuences...to
the living room rug. We went through a lot of Oxyclean this weekend.

On the bright side, Speedy is filling out nicely. You can hardly tell
that he was skin and bones when we first got him. Smokey, Grayling, or
whatever his name is has a little pot belly now. Rob agrees with me
that he's got a happy tummy.

The family quilt is still in process. I'll try to get a picture when I
get it finished. It is going to be huge. It seems strange not to be
doing cross stitch lately, and I haven't figured out why I haven't been
working on it. Maybe it's Huey and Merlin's penchant for biting
threads. Whatever, I have a lot of projects to work on.

Walmart has HP computers, complete with everything except the printer
for $500. We're thinking about getting two if our escrow money gets
here in time. Mandy will get his computer and Mike can have hers. Rob
will have a great new toy to play with and I'll be able to get on the
net without the d*mn computer shutting down on me like it did the other
day when I was trying to send messages to Yowie. Sorry Yowie, I just
got tired of the blasted thing. I really HATE windows XP.

Because of the time thing, and the computer thing, and the laziness
thing, I haven't been on the group as much as I'd like. Please accept
my apologies, and my cats' purrs and meatloaf meditations for everyone
who needs and wants them. Just because I'm not posting offering purrs
and kind thoughts, doesn't mean we're not sending them out. We all love
you guys and are already treasuring five holiday cards from some of the
most wonderful and creative people in the world.

Pam S. feeling all warm and fuzzy inside

Old November 30th 04, 06:54 AM
Yoj

Pam,

You don't need to apologize. You have a lot going on. We love to hear
from you when you can post, but understand that sometimes RL interferes.
Purrs for the everything to get better.

--
Joy

Things turn out best for the people who make the best out of the way
things turn out.
-- John Wooden

nk.net...

Old November 30th 04, 09:19 AM
MaryL

"Tanada" wrote in message
nk.net...
.

Rob went in for his first medical exam for social security disability
payments. The doctor who examined him says that he's disabled. Now we
have to get past the second doctor and hope he agrees. Sigh. We only
signed up for this three months ago. We also have his VA re-certification
appointment coming up. He has to prove that he's 100% disabled for the VA
to keep sending him the current amount of money each month. Rob has been
depressed and thinks that the VA is just waiting for him to die so that
they won't have to pay out more money.

Please tell Rob to try to ignore that aspect of it. That's easier said than
done, I know . The VA probably is not thinking that way at all. In
fact, the problem is that it is such a large institution that everything
becomes depersonalized and people become numbers. However, that becomes
true of everyone, not just those who are very ill. My father had to go on
early disability retirement, and some of the social security administrators
made him feel much as Rob feels. He was required to undergo heart stress
tests every 6 months -- until on one occasion his doctor became very angry,
literally *yelled* at someone from social security that they could kill him,
and then he was finally given permanent certification. So, tell Rob to try
to just think of what *he* needs and ignore what "he thinks VA thinks."

Walmart has HP computers, complete with everything except the printer for
$500. We're thinking about getting two if our escrow money gets here in
time. Mandy will get his computer and Mike can have hers. Rob will have
a great new toy to play with and I'll be able to get on the net without
the d*mn computer shutting down on me like it did the other day when I was
trying to send messages to Yowie. Sorry Yowie, I just got tired of the
blasted thing. I really HATE windows XP.

You might want to try Staples, if you have one nearby. They have some great
buys on computers, and they have people on staff who can answer technical
questions if you run into any difficulties.

Pam S. feeling all warm and fuzzy inside

Take care! I know you're going through a difficult time.

MaryL

Old November 30th 04, 01:49 PM
Sherry

Rob went in for his first medical exam for social security disability
payments. The doctor who examined him says that he's disabled.

Purrs for Rob that the social security Nazis approve him swiftly. There just
doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to their methods. My nephew has up to
ten seizures a day (epilepsy) and they turned him down the first application.
Then my DH's sister "claims" to have some mysterious "back problem" and she got
SS right away. I'm thinking fraud on that one. My best friend's husband had a
stroke, and they actually got their first check within a few months. Good luck.
Nobody is more deserving than Rob. His entire career has been service to this
country, and if they yank him around I"m going to be ****ed.

Sherry
Old November 30th 04, 10:12 PM
polonca12000

Lots of purrs and best wishes for you and your family, Pam,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Tanada" wrote in message
nk.net...
Saturday, Squeakers left on his epic journey to his only home in Omak,
Washington. snip

Old December 1st 04, 01:15 AM
FibbersCloset

Is the name Grayling from the fish, the color, or the submarine? ;-)

Dena

Old December 1st 04, 02:17 AM
Cheryl

On Mon 29 Nov 2004 11:18:40p, Tanada wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
ink.net):

snip
Because of the time thing, and the computer thing, and the
laziness thing, I haven't been on the group as much as I'd like.
Please accept my apologies, and my cats' purrs and meatloaf
meditations for everyone who needs and wants them. Just because
I'm not posting offering purrs and kind thoughts, doesn't mean
we're not sending them out. We all love you guys and are
already treasuring five holiday cards from some of the most
wonderful and creative people in the world.

Purrs for Squeakers and his trip, and many many purrs for Rob and you
guys for the disability to come through. Happy holidays to you Pam,
and your family. In case I don't get to say it before it gets too
late.

--
Cheryl
Old December 1st 04, 05:23 PM
Krista

Tanada wrote in message ink.net...
Saturday, Squeakers left on his epic journey to his only home in Omak,
Washington.

(lotsa snippage)

Four Georgia kitties are sending out multipurpose purrs, for Squeakers
and his new home, for all you who will miss the little guy, and
special SS and VA disability purrs. Dealing with bureaucracy can be
the most frustrating thing ever.

------
Krista
Old December 2nd 04, 04:32 AM
Tanada

FibbersCloset wrote:

Is the name Grayling from the fish, the color, or the submarine? ;-)

Dena

Having Smokey, Grayling, or whatever his name is and Speedy the wonder
mutt around has helped keep Rob busy.

You know, I have no idea where Rob got that name. I tried calling it
Grayfur, but Rob said it sounded too close to Berfert. So, Grayling,
Smokey, or Whatever Your Name Is seems to work for him. I reminded Rob
that he needs to call and make arrangements to take the foster cat back
and he's now trying to get out of it. I suspect that we may be back to
a seven cat house if Rob has his way.

Pam S. giggling