Alaska OT

Old March 29th 04, 05:17 AM
Marina

"Bev" wrote

Wildlife is always at the top of my priorities. I am getting very
excited already, When we went on our trip to Ireland and did a tour
through Sweden, etc. one of my nicest memories is of meeting Lena, her
parents and of course delightful kitties, also Elisabet.

Still so sorry I missed you then. How often do I get an opportunity to meet
a fellow catslave from the other side of the world?

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old March 29th 04, 06:45 AM
Bev

Marina wrote:

"Bev" wrote

Wildlife is always at the top of my priorities. I am getting very
excited already, When we went on our trip to Ireland and did a tour
through Sweden, etc. one of my nicest memories is of meeting Lena, her
parents and of course delightful kitties, also Elisabet.

Still so sorry I missed you then. How often do I get an opportunity to meet
a fellow catslave from the other side of the world?

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Yes, I was sorry to have missed you Marina. It was my fault.
I was unwell at the time which inhibited me from properly organising
myself to meet catslaves. I determined this time to do my homework and
to meet up with as many catslaves as I can.

Bev
--
I got rid of my husband. The cat was allergic.
Old March 29th 04, 05:30 PM
lewe

"Bev" wrote in message
We have just booked a cruise to Alaska and hope to meet members of the
group who might be unlucky enough to be in our path lol.

lucky yous!
better bring some good prezzies home to the furries!
--
:: lewe
lewemi at yahoo dot se || cat pics: photos.yahoo.com/lewemi

Old March 29th 04, 05:55 PM
David Yehudah

Don't worry, Bev. You'd fit right in. In LA we're apt to be driving on
either side of the road or even down the middle. The traffic is either
going 90 mph or standing still, usually the latter.

Bev wrote:

We won't be doing any driving in
LA for obvious reasons, i.e. we drive on the other side of the road and
traffic in LA terrifies me, lol. So people will have to visit us.

Bev
--
I got rid of my husband. The cat was allergic.

Old March 29th 04, 10:57 PM
Bev

Bev wrote:

We won't be doing any driving in
LA for obvious reasons, i.e. we drive on the other side of the road and
traffic in LA terrifies me, lol. So people will have to visit us.

Bev
--
I got rid of my husband. The cat was allergic.

Dave, I had never been out of New Zealand until 1980 when we arrived in
LA. Talk about a culture shock!!! We didn't understand about tipping
(you don't tip in New Zealand), found that the lamp switches operated
differently and water ran the wrong way. But I almost made a permanent
mistake when I crossed the road in front of Disneyland. I looked
around carefully and launched myself into a stream of traffic - I had
looked the wrong way and thought it was clear. I will never forget the
feeling of horror as the wave of traffic rushed at me - I developed a
turn of speed that would have put a greyhound to shame. We were
innocents in the land of Oz.

Bev
--
I got rid of my husband. The cat was allergic.
Old March 30th 04, 04:45 AM
Seanette Blaylock

David Yehudah had some very interesting
things to say about Alaska OT:

Don't worry, Bev. You'd fit right in. In LA we're apt to be driving on
either side of the road or even down the middle. The traffic is either
going 90 mph or standing still, usually the latter.

Just don't do anything silly like signaling a turn, you'll get cut off
or targeted.

--
"Don't mess with major appliances unless you know what you are doing
(or unless your life insurance policy is up-to-date)." - John, RCFL
Old March 30th 04, 11:43 AM
Adrian

badwilson wrote:
SNIP
The only problem I have now is that I've become so used to driving on
the left side of the road, I'd be afraid to drive on the right again!

Another good reason for moving to Australia, they drive on the correct side
of the road as well. ;-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy, Milo & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old March 31st 04, 06:03 AM
LOL

Bev wrote in message ...
We have just booked a cruise to Alaska and hope to meet members of the
group who might be unlucky enough to be in our path lol.

Here it is. We leave New Zealand on the 1st August and fly to San
Francisco for 3 days then onto to Vancouver for three days then do the
two week cruise ending at Fairbanks. From there (tentatively) we hope
to fly to Las Vegas where we will make enough money to pay for the trip,
rofl and from there to Burbank, have a few days in LA and fly home.
Wheeeeeeeeee.

Haven't told the cats yet!!! Thought they might have to go into a
cattery but I think Kay (Ollie's x-slave) will be prepared to house-sit
the kitties for the month we are away. She is between houses and wants
to do a bit of house sitting for fun!

We have been away for a few days and put the kitties in the dreaded cat
house with Kay's daughter Mandy (she lives next door) in charge.
Everything went swimmingly, the house is very cozy. Mandy thought
seriously about letting them out but thought she might never catch
them!!

Bev

Pooh, I am on the wrong coast to be able to meet you. I hope you have
fun in Alaska, and come back with loads of pictures!

------
Krista