Harvey Did Something Gross

Old March 30th 04, 12:17 AM
Lots42 The Library Avenger

Default Harvey Did Something Gross

Harvey was out on the deck, pounced on, caught and devoured a frog before I
fully woke up.

Also, I was too busy being grossed out to realizing he was EATING the poor
thing. I mean usually he gums it then lets it go. (He has teeth, he just never
used to used them)
--
"Oh, trusty soda machine! I push you for root beer, you give me coke." -
Willow Rosenberg

Old March 31st 04, 05:41 AM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Lots42 The Library Avenger wrote:

Harvey was out on the deck, pounced on, caught and devoured a frog before I
fully woke up.

Also, I was too busy being grossed out to realizing he was EATING the poor
thing. I mean usually he gums it then lets it go. (He has teeth, he just never
used to used them)

The author of a cat boos I had told about one of her cats who was
extremely fond of frog in his diet (they spent summers in the country)
until he got hold of a toad once, instead! (They look alike, of course,
but apparently toads' skins exude some sort of nasty substance that
turned the poor cat off of both toads and frogs for the rest of his
life.)

Old March 31st 04, 05:24 PM
Steve Touchstone

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 20:41:52 -0800, "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)"
wrote:

Lots42 The Library Avenger wrote:

Harvey was out on the deck, pounced on, caught and devoured a frog before I
fully woke up.

Also, I was too busy being grossed out to realizing he was EATING the poor
thing. I mean usually he gums it then lets it go. (He has teeth, he just never
used to used them)

The author of a cat boos I had told about one of her cats who was
extremely fond of frog in his diet (they spent summers in the country)
until he got hold of a toad once, instead! (They look alike, of course,
but apparently toads' skins exude some sort of nasty substance that
turned the poor cat off of both toads and frogs for the rest of his
life.)

Our childhood d*g, a daschund, was forever trying to catch a toad
which lived on our side yard. The d*g lived in the fenced back yard,
and didn't have access to the side yard. But, every so often the toad
would crawl under the fence, and the d*g would go into "hunt mode". He
actually bit off one of the toad's front legs, so it was easily
identifiable. We could always tell when he had a toad encounter, since
he'd be foaming at the mouth, and would go toad hunting to carry the
toad back to safety.

Anyway, the dumb d*g never learned. Actually, this was one of the
smarter d*gs I've ever had, but certainly not when he went into "hunt"
mode. Neither did the toad who kept crawling under the fence, despite
our carrying it back to the side yard.

OTOH, Sammy is by no means an expert hunter. Last summer she gave the
grasshoppers and butterflies a workout. I happened to be watching when
she napped a bee and pinned it to the ground, then teleported
backwards about three feet. After that one time, when a bee came into
the flower garden Sammy backed out and laid on the sidewalk watching
until it was safe to hunt her regular bug-prey.
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page: