Tummy Rubs--A Poll

Old March 2nd 05, 05:32 AM
Mary

Default Tummy Rubs--A Poll

My little grey tabby Cheeks loves to have her belly rubbed. She is the first
cat I have ever had that likes this.

It was not something she revealed to me right away when I adopted her in
2001 at age 2. She had been with us for about three months when one night
during our nightly petfest when I was scritching her head and back she
rolled over on her side and lifted her leg up like it was on a hinge.
Because I had cats that did not like their bellies touched, I was surprised.
But I rubbed her pink little belly and she went all googly eyed and purred
up a storm. I think the great people at Snowflake Animal Shelter got her
used to this. She was said to have been a feral who had been at the shelter
for four months when I adopted her.

Does your cat like tummy rubs?

Old March 2nd 05, 05:54 AM
mlbriggs

On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 00:32:33 -0500, Mary wrote:

My little grey tabby Cheeks loves to have her belly rubbed. She is the first
cat I have ever had that likes this.

It was not something she revealed to me right away when I adopted her in
2001 at age 2. She had been with us for about three months when one night
during our nightly petfest when I was scritching her head and back she
rolled over on her side and lifted her leg up like it was on a hinge.
Because I had cats that did not like their bellies touched, I was surprised.
But I rubbed her pink little belly and she went all googly eyed and purred
up a storm. I think the great people at Snowflake Animal Shelter got her
used to this. She was said to have been a feral who had been at the shelter
for four months when I adopted her.

Does your cat like tummy rubs?

Yes! TuTu is the Tummy Rub Queen.MLB

Old March 2nd 05, 06:00 AM
wafflycat

"Mary" wrote in message
news:1109741549.250704ad93d2b6095e9d8d99535f1e27@t eranews...

Does your cat like tummy rubs?

Marble is just a tart and he loves his belly rubbed. He loves having his
back legs up over his head whilst he gets the back of his thoughs rubbed.
Told you he was just a tart ;-) Francis loves his belly rubbed too - but he
goes into "longcat" mode and stretches out on the floor, on his side, so he
can get his belly rubbed.

Waffles is a highly refined ladycat who is extremely particular about who
she will allow to rub her belly and when. She is not a tart - unlike the
boys ;-)

Cheers, helen s

Old March 2nd 05, 06:16 AM
Melissa Houle

Mary wrote in message
[...]

Pan does. =o) He rolls onto his back, lifts up his little forelegs as if
he's begging, and purrs VERY hard. He also gives me the upside downy head
look as if to say "don't stop!" Francesca will tolerate it, but no farther
down than around mid-tummy. And she looks at me as if she thinks I'm taking
a tremendous liberty. =o)
Nina likes to be nuzzled, cuddled and kissed, but she's not crazy about
tummy rubs.

Melissa

Old March 2nd 05, 06:27 AM
Yoj

"Mary" wrote in message
[...]

Very few of the cats who have owned me have permitted tummy rubs. Nanki-Poo
will tolerate it very briefly. Rudy (RB) used to love tummy rubs - for a
minute or two. Then, without warning, he protested with all claws and
teeth.

Joy

Old March 2nd 05, 06:59 AM
Seanette Blaylock

"Melissa Houle" had some very
interesting things to say about Tummy Rubs--A Poll:

Pan does. =o) He rolls onto his back, lifts up his little forelegs as if
he's begging, and purrs VERY hard. He also gives me the upside downy head
look as if to say "don't stop!" Francesca will tolerate it, but no farther
down than around mid-tummy. And she looks at me as if she thinks I'm taking
a tremendous liberty. =o)
Nina likes to be nuzzled, cuddled and kissed, but she's not crazy about
tummy rubs.

Felix does the same thing Pan does.

Old March 2nd 05, 10:11 AM
badwilson

Mary wrote:
My little grey tabby Cheeks loves to have her belly rubbed. She is
the first cat I have ever had that likes this.

It was not something she revealed to me right away when I adopted

her
in 2001 at age 2. She had been with us for about three months when
one night during our nightly petfest when I was scritching her head
and back she rolled over on her side and lifted her leg up like it
was on a hinge. Because I had cats that did not like their bellies
touched, I was surprised. But I rubbed her pink little belly and she
went all googly eyed and purred up a storm. I think the great people
at Snowflake Animal Shelter got her used to this. She was said to
have been a feral who had been at the shelter for four months when I
adopted her.

Does your cat like tummy rubs?

Vino generally likes it. He stretches out and invites me to give him
a tummy rub. Sometimes it makes him playful though and then he bunny
kicks me lightly and halfheartedly gnaws on my hand. Then he jumps up
and runs away, looking behind him to make sure I'm chasing him. He
loves to be chased around the house and tummy rubs usually instigate a
good chase game.
--
Britta
Sandpaper kisses, a cuddle and a purr. I have an alarm clock that's

Old March 2nd 05, 10:36 AM
melizabeth

"Mary" wrote in message
[...]

Willow *looooovvvves* having her belly rubbed. She flops over on her side
when we come into the house ready for some quality tummy tickles.

Old March 2nd 05, 01:18 PM
Kreisleriana

Stinky loves 'em, too. You can do anything to his tummy. I sometimes
rub my face on it.

Theresa
Old March 2nd 05, 02:15 PM
Mary

"wafflycat" wafflesATv21netDOTcoDOTuk wrote in message

"Mary" wrote in message
news:1109741549.250704ad93d2b6095e9d8d99535f1e27@t eranews...

Does your cat like tummy rubs?

Marble is just a tart and he loves his belly rubbed. He loves having his
back legs up over his head whilst he gets the back of his thoughs rubbed.
Told you he was just a tart ;-) Francis loves his belly rubbed too - but

he
goes into "longcat" mode and stretches out on the floor, on his side, so

he
can get his belly rubbed.

Waffles is a highly refined ladycat who is extremely particular about who
she will allow to rub her belly and when. She is not a tart - unlike the
boys ;-)

Cheers, helen s

Cute, Helen! This is exactly what I thought when Cheeks first threw that
leg back! What a little tart!