Old March 30th 04, 03:45 AM
JoJo

Oh, boy, you're killing me, my mouth started watering as soon as I saw those
two deadly words - Krispy Kreme. I have been on a diet since Thanksgiving
and have managed to lose 22 pounds. Now I am major junk food mode and could
really really go for a KK, or any sweet goods (my downfall). (FYI it's not
due to the Atkins diet, it's the Healthy heart diet, limit fats)

I've been really good, my local grocery store sells boxes of them too (just
the glazed), I advert my eyes and walk past quickly - I will not let them
tempt my taste buds or my tummy! But now I am craving just one little
donut.....NO I will not give in! Little Krispy Kreme devil, you will not
get me!

JoJo
http://home.comcast.net/~zookeepr/fosters.html

"Yowie" wrote in message
u...
Well, it was going to happen eventually.

I am no longer a Krispy Kreme virgin.

Da*n those things are good. A very kind friend transported them from the
closest KK - over 2 hours away. He went to the drive through and asked for
the "pregnant woman" pack. LOL!

So now Ihave a sampler pack and a plain glazed pack sitting on my coffee
table, and I"m desperately trying to control myself from eatingmore until
the other pregnant woman turns up to help me devour them.

Talk about heaven on a stick!

drool

Yowie

Old March 30th 04, 04:25 AM
badwilson

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
Yowie wrote:
So now Ihave a sampler pack and a plain glazed pack sitting on my coffee
table, and I"m desperately trying to control myself from eatingmore

until
the other pregnant woman turns up to help me devour them.

Bear in mind that one plain original glazed KK doughnut has 200
calories, of which 110 are from fat.
But that's nothing compared to the Chocolate Malted Kreme doughnut that
has 390 calories and 190 from fat!!!!

Yep...I wouldn't touch a Krispy Kreme with a 10 foot pole and wouldn't eat
one if someone paid me to. If I want treats or gratuitous calories, I can
think of a whole bunch of other stuff that wouldn't even add up to one KK.
Yech!
--
Britta
Sandpaper kisses, a cuddle and a purr. I have an alarm clock that's covered

Old March 30th 04, 05:06 AM
Sam Nash

"Yowie" wrote in message
u...
Well, it was going to happen eventually.

I am no longer a Krispy Kreme virgin.

Da*n those things are good. A very kind friend transported them from the
closest KK - over 2 hours away. He went to the drive through and asked for
the "pregnant woman" pack. LOL!

So now Ihave a sampler pack and a plain glazed pack sitting on my coffee
table, and I"m desperately trying to control myself from eatingmore until
the other pregnant woman turns up to help me devour them.

Talk about heaven on a stick!

drool

Yowie

Where I grew up, there was one 4 blocks from my home. Used to go get them
really early in the AM to get them while they were still warm.
Mm-m-m-m-m-m!

And "drool" is the correct title for the post (IMHO).

Starting Cary (sp?) early on the goodies, aren't you.

Sam

Old March 30th 04, 05:17 AM
Magic Mood Jeep©

I'm with you, Britta - I don't really care for KK donuts. Must be because I
used to be able to get all I wanted when my sis worked at one of their
shops/bakeries - I just got burned out on them.

--
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

Old March 30th 04, 06:06 AM

O J wrote:

They say there's no accounting for taste, but in spite of the way
some people feel about them, they leave me flat. I'd much rather have
Dunkin' Donuts.

Yeah!! I miss DD - don't see too many of them in CA. There're lots of
them in Massachusetts, though. I really like the plain ones the best.
And nobody else makes plain donuts in quite the same way.

Actually, I don't eat donuts that much any more because they're so
bad for you, but once in a while I'll have one. I used to occasionally
buy a package of miniature donuts dusted with confectioner's sugar. Yum.

Joyce
Old March 30th 04, 07:00 AM
:-\)Liz

I can't stand KK......they seems so greasey and grease isn't my
friend.....what I'd really like to have again is a cup of good black DD's
coffee....I used to live on that in college...it had such a good, mellow
flavor to it.....(I've tried the Chock Full of Nuts brand that's suppose to
have been the brand DD used....it's just doesn't taste the
same...signnnn...alas...the "good ol' days of fond rememberances").....(of
course, having grown up drinking chickory coffee...I'm a bit strange!:-) Liz

"O J" wrote in message
Hi All,

They say there's no accounting for taste, but in spite of the way
some people feel about them, they leave me flat. I'd much rather have
Dunkin' Donuts.

Regards and Purrs,
O J

Old March 30th 04, 09:33 AM
Napoleon

Bev wrote in message ...
Yoj wrote:

"Marion" wrote in message
om...
"Yowie" wrote in message

. au...
Well, it was going to happen eventually.

I am no longer a Krispy Kreme virgin.

When I read those calorie stats, I feel blessed that
I was raised on good ol' Canadian Tim Horton doughnuts.
Krispy Kreme has opened several stores up here (Toronto),
and I've tried them a couple of times, but I can't stand
them -- they're so SWEET! Just thinking of them sets my
teeth on edge.

There is something about them, though .... even though
I knew that I couldn't stand them, when I saw a rack of
the boxes while I was standing in the checkout line of
a supermarket, I couldn't resist. The first one was,
well, nice consistency but sweet; the second was SWEET!!!;
the third to the nth were a duty 'cos I couldn't throw
them out.
D'you think they put something addictive in them?

Marion

Considering the way I feel about them, I think they must! G

Joy

I have never even heard of these delicacies! That's not to say they are
not around. I will have to look around in the big supermarkets.

Bev

Unfortunately, the plain ones most people are familiar with are only
at their best for a fairly short period of time after they are made,
maybe for an hour after being made and are maybe 90% of that for about
2-3 hours. The flavor declines pretty precipitously after that. The
ones in the stores are way beyond the pale in terms of freshness.

One of the things that makes them appeal so much to people who like
them is that the KK stores turn them over pretty quickly (at least in
the South, the KK stores have these well-known red "Hot Doughnuts Now"
neon signs they turn on when a new batch is coming out)so that the
ones you buy in the KK places are usually pretty close to their peak
in flavor.
Old March 30th 04, 12:25 PM
Seanette Blaylock

"Hopitus2" had some very interesting things to
say about drool:

Hey, Joyce, do they still have Winchell's Donuts in the area of CA where you
live/frequent?
Way back in '58 the *first* time I lived in CA, it was in Paramount (near
northern tip of Long Beach...the Pike was still there!) and I worked as a
donut baker in a Winchell's in Anaheim, right across the freeway from a very
newish Disneyland. I can't remember whether there were Winchell's around
when I lived in San Carlos and Sunnyvale.

AFAIK, there's a Winchell's in Santa Barbara [not in a great
neighborhood, I don't think I'd recommend going there at night].

--
"Don't mess with major appliances unless you know what you are doing
(or unless your life insurance policy is up-to-date)." - John, RCFL
Old March 30th 04, 12:56 PM
badwilson

"Magic Mood Jeep©" wrote in message
I'm with you, Britta - I don't really care for KK donuts. Must be because

used to be able to get all I wanted when my sis worked at one of their
shops/bakeries - I just got burned out on them.

I've actually never had one. I just care about myself too much to pollute
my body with nutritionally empty, high fat, high calorie, overly processed
foods. I lost 35 lbs 2 years ago and now feel so much better that I've just
lost interest in junk like that. Besides, when you don't eat junk for a
while, the cravings for it stop too.

Old March 30th 04, 12:58 PM
badwilson

"Marion" wrote in message
om...
"Yowie" wrote in message

. au...
Well, it was going to happen eventually.

I am no longer a Krispy Kreme virgin.

When I read those calorie stats, I feel blessed that
I was raised on good ol' Canadian Tim Horton doughnuts.
Krispy Kreme has opened several stores up here (Toronto),
and I've tried them a couple of times, but I can't stand
them -- they're so SWEET! Just thinking of them sets my
teeth on edge.

Forget the doughnuts, the best thing about Tim Horton's is the coffee! Ohhh
yeah, Timmy's coffee is the best :-)