toilet training a super-stubborn cat

Old September 29th 04, 07:32 AM
Phil P.

"Anastatia" wrote in message
om...
No, I guess I don't know as much as you,

It was a rhetorical question.

but then again, I'm not so
offensive that most normal humans would avoid me.

IOW, you're offensive enough that many normal humans avoid you.

Did it occur to you that maybe I'm offensive to the people who I want to
avoid me? That's another rhetorical question. Lets see if it works on
you...

I guess your cat
has no choice but to tolerate you,

I'd be willing to bet my cats live better than you. Wanna take that bet?

but luckily, I'm not in that
situation.

Sounds like you're in a far worse situation.

Being around you would consititute abuse far more than any toilet
training.
Toodles.

Tsk, tsk Toodles. Don't be such a sore loser. You should expect responses
like mine when you make silly statements and utterly stupid and asinine
analogies. What's next? teaching your cat to use a fork and spoon!

Thankfully, this wasn't a complete waste of my time; at least you learnt
something about cats that you didn't know before.

..

"Phil P." wrote in message

"Anastatia" wrote in message
om...

You abuse your cats and don't want people to be too harsh with you?

Okey
dokey.

Whoa, I think we need to calm down a little here.

Ok. So calm down.

We may have some
disagreements here about whether toilet training the cat is in its
best interests, but to say that it is being "abused" is a little out
there.

You think so, huh? I think forcing a cat to use a human toilet and
depriving her of natural instincts is *way* out there.

It's not "natural" for cats to live indoors and never go outside, or
to refrain from jumping up on the table when you're eating, or to be
spayed and neutered either. But this doesn't necessarily equal abuse.

Neutering benefits the cat both physically and psychologically; keeping

cat indoors benefits the cat; teaching a cat to stay off the table

benefits
the cat (sharp eating utensils, foods toxic to cats). Your analogies do

not
apply.

I agree that at a certain point, if the toilet training isn't working
out, its time to give up and give the cat back its box. Maybe it is
just not capable of learning to use the toilet, or maybe it genuinely
has problems balancing or has an insurrmountable fear. There's a
point where it becomes clear that the cat can't or won't use the
toilet, and at that point, it's mean to draw it out further.

Certainly, if a cat is old and can't get up on the toilet, it should
have a litter box.

How thoughtful.

Third, How do monitor your cats' waste for medical problems? such as
polyuria which is a sign of diabetes and chronic renal failure; or

worse,
oliguria? or anuria? - which is even worse and life-threatening.

Take the cat for regular vet checkups. That'll tell you a lot more
than monitoring its crap.

Abnormal waste products and production are often early warning signs of
illness. Do you think an oliguric or an anuric cat will survive until

the
next scheduled exam? Did you know that a urinary tract obstruction

produces
a pathophysiologic state equivalent to oliguric acute renal failure?

Don't
know much about cats, do you?

Old September 29th 04, 03:43 PM
Mary

"shakra" wrote in message
A FEW CORRECTIONS FOR YOU "DOCTOR" PHIL...

Pssst ... lose the caps lock key. Makes you look like a moron. Of course you
may be a moron, but I did not read enough of your post to find out.

Old September 29th 04, 03:43 PM
Mary

Old September 29th 04, 04:16 PM
Magic Mood Jeep©

I loved the line where he told him that IOW wasn't a word and that he should
start using English, his *very next* line was "yes coz u are..." talk about
being stupid, this 'shakra' sure fits the bill, doesn't he/she?

--
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

"Mary" wrote in message
. com...

Old September 29th 04, 08:14 PM
Phil P.

"Mary" wrote in message
. com...

"shakra" wrote in message
A FEW CORRECTIONS FOR YOU "DOCTOR" PHIL...

Pssst ... lose the caps lock key. Makes you look like a moron. Of course

you
may be a moron, but I did not read enough of your post to find out.

This one is past moron - somewhere between imbecile and idiot.

Old September 29th 04, 08:22 PM
Phil P.

"Magic Mood Jeep©" wrote in message
I loved the line where he told him that IOW wasn't a word and that he

should
start using English, his *very next* line was "yes coz u are..." talk

about
being stupid, this 'shakra' sure fits the bill, doesn't he/she?

Beyond stupid. I really laughed at the part about "toodles".

When shakra was a baby, I think he/she slept in a high crib in a room with
hardwood floors -- so his/her parents could hear when he fell.

--
The ONE and ONLY

former-blonde
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©