jasmine is a fussy eater.

Old September 8th 05, 04:46 AM
meee

Default jasmine is a fussy eater.

Hi, wondering if anyone can help me with a problem Im having with my cat?
Jasmine is a maybe one year old cat, She walked into our lives a few months
ago. We had noticed something had had a go at our bird, then one night this
little face looked in our window, and we brought her in and fed her. My
husband named her Jasmine. She is a white and orange oriental type cross. We
think someone dumped her, or she ran away because she had a broken tail and
very bruised head, she was so sore and shy that she couldn't bear petting or
cuddles. She and our dogs took a while to get used to each other, but now
they get on really well, and she is the most affectionate, loyal cat. The
problem we are having is that we have been feeding her an expensive catfood
since we brought her in, and now our financial situation has changed and we
are all having to cut back. So we have changed our animals to a different,
cheaper foods. They are still nutritionally balanced, but she won't eat the
cheaper food. Instead she will go and hunt, and go through the garbage,
which we had trained her not to do. We feel like we are being cruel to keep
her inside, but we can't afford to buy the expensive food anymore. Does
anyone have any similar ideas or experiences they could help me with??
thanks

Old September 9th 05, 04:01 AM
5cats

meee wrote:

[...]

The usual recommendation is to switch foods gradually, mixing some of the
new with the old in gradually increasing amounts. With a fussy cat you
may have to do that over many days.

My crew is remarkably unfussy, they've always switched foods pretty
easily, so that's about all I can offer except to wish you good luck!

Old September 9th 05, 07:04 AM
meee

Thanks, she's doing a bit better now. she eats more of it every day (and i
slip her little bits when hubby's not looking- not too much but i can't
resist those eyes)
5cats wrote in message
.. .