Sarrasine is a food critic!

Old March 23rd 06, 10:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Sarrasine is a food critic!

Hi

Does anyone else have a cat that does this?

This morning I gave them IAMS wet food for the first time and I know it
was an enormous hit because Sarrasine made a point of telling me.

Whenever she gets something she likes, she 'll come up, stand there
until she is sure I have seen her and then she'll start licking her
lips and her nose and washing her face. There's a definate scale, this
morning she was going mad with the licking and the washing- this means
"I REALLY like that stuff, you WILL get it again". If it's only
moderate licking and washing then it means "That was okay, get it again
if you want to"

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old March 23rd 06, 07:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Lesley" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi

Does anyone else have a cat that does this?

This morning I gave them IAMS wet food for the first time and I know it
was an enormous hit because Sarrasine made a point of telling me.

Whenever she gets something she likes, she 'll come up, stand there
until she is sure I have seen her and then she'll start licking her
lips and her nose and washing her face. There's a definate scale, this
morning she was going mad with the licking and the washing- this means
"I REALLY like that stuff, you WILL get it again". If it's only
moderate licking and washing then it means "That was okay, get it again
if you want to"

LOL! No, neither of mine do this, but if Kitty Farmcat particularly likes
the food I've given her she purrs her head off while she's eating it.
Boyfriend either likes the food, or he doesn't. If he likes it, he will
tuck in immediately with no comment. If he doesn't he'll take one sniff of
it and stalk out into the garden.
He will often come back in after ten minutes to prove his point and demand
kibble instead. And the answer is NO, eat your wet food and then he
flounces out again ;-)
KFC will eat anything and is glad of it. Wet, dry, left over human dinner,
bring it on! Because she left her previous home by choice (and before I
realised she didn't actually *have* a regular meal and fed her) apparently
she used to go all around the neighbour's houses begging at the door and got
dinner leftovers.

Tweed

Old March 23rd 06, 09:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Lesley" wrote in message
[...]

Rusty is the same. He eats all the different prescription food I give him,
even
one I heard many cats won't eat, or one very bland food that TED thought
he might not eat. I lost track of all the differenet brands and varieties of
food he
was given. But there is not a single one he won't eat. Wet, dry, you name
it.
Some did't agree with his tummy, and he still ate them. I think he probably
was
a stray before ending up at Humane, and would never refuse any food.
He also eats canned pumpkin and yogurt.
The only times he refused food were when he was on antibiotic.

Winnie

Tweed

Old March 25th 06, 01:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

.. .

"Lesley" wrote in message
[...]

It's a long time before a stray cat doesn't gobble up any and all food that
is put in front of it. Kitty still eats anything and everything. I don' t
think Boyfriend had strayed too long before he ended up here although he was
a bit thin. He isn't now, he may even be slightly too "fluffy." He has the
appetite of a horse at least.
Which is a good thing I suppose as it means he's healthy.

Old March 25th 06, 05:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Christina Websell wrote:

LOL! No, neither of mine do this, but if Kitty Farmcat particularly likes
the food I've given her she purrs her head off while she's eating it.

Nikki used to do that. It sounds so funny, especially if they are eating
kibble, as the cracking of teeth on kibble mixes with the strangely
resonating purr from the open mouth.

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi