I am a soft touch

Old October 16th 03, 08:00 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Default I am a soft touch

I really am.

Waffles caught a vole today and let it go in the house. It's had the run of the
living room (sigh..) until Marble got it by the neck whereupon it was rescued
from death by Nathan who managed to get it from Psycho Cat From Hell and put
the now very shocked vole into the rescue box.

It's been in the box for an hour, undisturbed in a quiet, darkened room and
I've just been to check on it. Voley is alive and was sitting in the corner of
the box. He looks very cute. I've discovered what a frightened vole loves to
eat. Slices of soft, juicy sweet pear. Ever seen a vole's eyes come out on
stalks? Similar expression to me in a chocolate shop really.

Vole is stocking up on energy and liquids by munching on pear and also some
cucumber. Once he's had his fill I'll let him go in a quiet corner of the night
time garden :-)

Cheers, helen s

This is an invalid email adress to thwart spammers
To get my correct email remove the dependency on fame & fortune from
h*$el*$$e**nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**s@$*$a$$o* *l.c**$*$om$$

Any speeling mistakes are as a result of cats on the keybrrrdd

Old October 16th 03, 10:19 PM
Jette Goldie

"dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers" wrote in
message ...
[...]

Where Waffles the Huntress will catch it again in a week from
now.

;-)

--
Jette Goldie

Apache and Dakota
http://www.jette.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/kitties.html

Old October 16th 03, 10:29 PM
polonca12000

I'm glad voley is safe and sound.
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers" wrote in
message ...
I really am.

Waffles caught a vole today and let it go in the house. snip Vole is

Old October 16th 03, 10:32 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Where Waffles the Huntress will catch it again in a week from
now.

;-)

If I let her see where I let it loose in the garden, she'll have it in minutes!

Old October 16th 03, 10:33 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

I'm glad voley is safe and sound.

Well it is for now, anyhow!

Old October 17th 03, 03:17 AM
Margaret Fine

All creatures great and small, Lady Helen loves them all! :-)

I'm like you. We had some mice take up residence under our house (but
not in it thanks to Oliver) and we were live traping them and letting
them go at a local park. I don't know if my poor husband wanted to
laugh or cry when I started dowering them in their new life with a
handful of sunflower seeds. The little guys were so cute!!

Margaret

Old October 17th 03, 07:56 AM
Yowie

[...]

Years from now, there will be a Vole Urban Legend that if you are brave
enough to actually get caught in the jaws of a cat, and have lived a pure
and noble life, you will be rewarded by sweet fruits and crisp vegetables
like no vole has ever seen before beign returned to earth. Of course, if you
have been a *bad* vole, you'll just turn into kitty crunchies.

:-)

Yowie

Old October 17th 03, 08:07 AM
Takayuki

Margaret Fine wrote:
All creatures great and small, Lady Helen loves them all! :-)

I'm like you. We had some mice take up residence under our house (but
not in it thanks to Oliver) and we were live traping them and letting
them go at a local park. I don't know if my poor husband wanted to
laugh or cry when I started dowering them in their new life with a
handful of sunflower seeds. The little guys were so cute!!

Could you get some of your mice to teach mine how to eat sunflower
seeds? They seem to regard sunflower seeds as unedible (because of
the shell), and I've been trying to teach them that they can be eaten.
I gave them sunflower seed lessons by partially opening some seeds,
then putting a bit of peanut butter inside with a toothpick, to entice
them to crack them open. They're beginning to pick up the idea, I
think, but they're still pretty clumsy at it, and usually end up
dropping and losing the seeds in their bedding while opening them.

Old October 17th 03, 10:40 AM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Years from now, there will be a Vole Urban Legend that if you are brave
enough to actually get caught in the jaws of a cat, and have lived a pure
and noble life, you will be rewarded by sweet fruits and crisp vegetables
like no vole has ever seen before beign returned to earth. Of course, if you
have been a *bad* vole, you'll just turn into kitty crunchies.

Oh that is a good one ;-)

Old October 17th 03, 07:25 PM
Steve Touchstone

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 03:07:45 -0400, Takayuki
wrote:

Margaret Fine wrote:
[...]

Oops, my first thought was why would you be trying to teach mice to
eat sunflower seeds ;-) then I remembered these are the wild variety.
lol