How do they do it?

Old December 28th 08, 04:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Default How do they do it?

This morning I couldn't see Sarsi anywhere, she didn''t even show up
for breakfast, which is not like her at all so I started looking for
her. I looked all over the place to no avail and she wasn't even
coming to me calling her (Not so unusual, I am used to being ignored
by cats)

The ;last place Iooked was the kitchen, short of being able to open
the oven or something it doesn't have many places a cat can be and I
checked them all. Oh well I thought she'll re-appear when it suits
her. So I went to the living room to get a coffee cup then turned
round and took 2 steps towards the kitchen before seeing Sarsi sitting
by the microwave!

I turned my back for 2 seconds, I had checked the kitchen, I didn't
hear her jump up there, she's not that tiny that even with my bad eyes
I could have missed her and anyway I had specs on but there she is
nonchalantly washing her face.

I have had to conclude she teleported into the kitchen!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old December 28th 08, 05:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Lesley wrote:
I turned my back for 2 seconds, I had checked the kitchen, I didn't
hear her jump up there, she's not that tiny that even with my bad eyes
I could have missed her and anyway I had specs on but there she is
nonchalantly washing her face.

I have had to conclude she teleported into the kitchen!

LOL, Miranda does that to me all the time. I will search for her
everywhere, and it's not like I live in a 20-room mansion or anything,
just a 2-room flat. She's just so good at disappearing.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.
Old December 28th 08, 06:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lucys Mom[_2_]

Lesley wrote:
[...]

LOL! Lucy did something similar to me when I first adopted her. She
was very scared (still is) of the suckey monster so I would put her in
the bathroom and close the door before I ran it. When I finished and
opened up the door, no Lucy! My first thought was that she had snuk out
before I closed the door so I checked the rest of the apartment. No
kitty. When I happened to walk by the bathroom door a few minutes
later, there whee was, sitting in the middle of the bathroom! I, too,
assumed teleportation of some sort!! I finally figured out she was
squeezing between the kick plate and the bottom of the bathroom cabinets
and hiding in there. Some cardboard taped over the gap fixed the
problem until she got big enough that she couldn't get in there anymore.

--Eric, Kim and the Chigger Ranch Crew
Old December 28th 08, 08:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jeanne Hedge

I'm reminded of a time several years ago when my parents kitty-sat
Tribble (RB) and Natasha (RB) at their house. In another thread I
recently mentioned this visit, and that those two had taken over the
screened-in patio, and that the patio had a pet flap to the yard for
my parents dog (the kitties never made a move to use it).

Well, one evening my dad was looking for Tasha and couldn't find her
anywhere. He'd apparently looked for quite a while and had just about
decided that she'd gone out the flap to the yard when he caught
movement out of the corner of his eye.

At that time my parents had an old-fashioned upright piano (it had
belonged to my grandma when she was a little girl), and Mom had put a
bunch of nicknacks on top of it, including several stuffed animals.
There was Tasha, sitting on top of the piano among the stuffed animals
(picture the scene in "ET" when the mom hears something in the closet,
goes in to look, and doesn't see ET among all the stuffed animals),
and Dad didn't notice her there until she'd turned her head. She was
just sitting there, quietly watching one of those night-bugs that fly
around lights. :-)

Jeanne
(thinking it's getting on time to get adopted again)
Old December 28th 08, 09:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Jeanne Hedge wrote:
There was Tasha, sitting on top of the piano among the stuffed animals
(picture the scene in "ET" when the mom hears something in the closet,
goes in to look, and doesn't see ET among all the stuffed animals),
and Dad didn't notice her there until she'd turned her head. She was
just sitting there, quietly watching one of those night-bugs that fly
around lights. :-)

Aww. Reminds me of this picture of Miranda when she was young:

http://pets.webshots.com/photo/13062...58511339WwpzmB

Jeanne
(thinking it's getting on time to get adopted again)

I think that's a very, very good idea. You've been without an owner for
pretty long now, haven't you?

Old December 28th 08, 09:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jeanne Hedge

On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 23:06:26 +0200, Marina
wrote:

Jeanne Hedge wrote:
There was Tasha, sitting on top of the piano among the stuffed animals
(picture the scene in "ET" when the mom hears something in the closet,
goes in to look, and doesn't see ET among all the stuffed animals),
and Dad didn't notice her there until she'd turned her head. She was
just sitting there, quietly watching one of those night-bugs that fly
around lights. :-)

Aww. Reminds me of this picture of Miranda when she was young:

http://pets.webshots.com/photo/13062...58511339WwpzmB

That's cute

Jeanne
(thinking it's getting on time to get adopted again)

I think that's a very, very good idea. You've been without an owner for
pretty long now, haven't you?

Yes, Natasha was PTS the week before Christmas 2 years ago. She would
have been 20 years old the following April, and I'd had her since
kittenhood. Tribble was PTS about 4 years earlier, but I'd had him for
16 years, since kittenhood as well. A very long run with the same 2
owners probably has something to do with why I've been free for a
while.

Jeanne Hedge

============
http://www.jhedge.com
Old December 28th 08, 09:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Dec 28, 12:16*pm, Jeanne Hedge wrote:

Jeanne
(thinking it's getting on time to get adopted again)

If you're thinking about it then it is time and we shall all look
forward to the news of the new owners Bast sends you!

And of course photo's

Old December 29th 08, 01:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

I have had to conclude she teleported into the kitchen!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Tabitha does that ALL the time!

Dan
Old December 29th 08, 02:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Marina wrote:

Jeanne Hedge wrote:

(picture the scene in "ET" when the mom hears something in the closet,
goes in to look, and doesn't see ET among all the stuffed animals),

Aww. Reminds me of this picture of Miranda when she was young:

http://pets.webshots.com/photo/13062...58511339WwpzmB

That's really cute! I remember that picture.

One time I was in a store that sold a bunch of touristy gift items
(this was in the Florida Keys). I was just kind of browsing around,
checking stuff out. There were a bunch of stuffed animals in a basket,
and while I was looking at them, one of them suddenly meowed!

--
Joyce ^..^

Old December 29th 08, 05:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

wrote:

Jeanne Hedge wrote:
[...]

I understand. Frank and Nikki were with me a long time, too, and I don't
know how soon I would have felt like adopting a new kitty, if Fate
hadn't thrown Miranda at me a little before Nikki died. Then, I had to
get Mir a playmate, so she wouldn't tease poor old Frank too much. So I
already had two new kitties by the time F&N were gone. I hope you meet
your onetruekitty(ies) soon.