Food Question

Old February 14th 04, 01:43 AM
Cathy Friedmann

"Rona Yuthasastrakosol" wrote in message
"Cathy Friedmann" wrote in message

I must've missed those posts. Or else they were benign compared w/

others!
I, for one, just do not associate nastily worded posts w/ you!

I don't usually swear at or insult people. My nasty posts are filled more
with sarcasm and "I'm smarter than you, and you're going to know I'm

smarter
than you"-comments so they don't always appear nasty on the surface :-).

On Usenet, there usually is at least one exception in this regard - one
comes across a really wide spectrum of people. ;-)

Sorry for the very delayed reply to this...

So true! And that's what makes it fun!

Yes, agreed. Not only do you comes across a lot of nice people you'd
otherwise never encounter, you also are exposed to a bigger cross-section of
society - well, various societies - than normally would be. Can be really
interesting, & fascinating - although sometimes in a rather strange sort of
sense. g

I used to want to do a sociological study on Usenet groups.

I've often wondered if some students do; not only for the various
personalities that show up in ngs, but sometimes also for how the different
ngs function (or don't) as communities.

I think it
would be fascinating! The closest I've found to something like that is at
http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame1.html . I think I'd be
http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame55.html though I'd like to think I'm
really http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame82.html :-).

rona

Yep, I've seen that site. And think I'd would also opt for the kitty one, if
possible. ;-)

Cathy

("The Boy in the Bubble") Paul Simon

Old February 14th 04, 05:26 AM
Cheryl

Laura R. wrote in on 14
Feb 2004:

circa Thu, 5 Feb 2004 18:54:22 -0600, in rec.pets.cats.health+behav,
Rona Yuthasastrakosol ) said,

I used to want to do a sociological study on Usenet groups. I think
it would be fascinating! The closest I've found to something like
that is at http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame1.html . I think
I'd be http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame55.html though I'd like
to think I'm really http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame82.html
:-).

Gee, I can think of somebody who fits these:

http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame21.html
http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame46.html
http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame47.html
http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame57.html
http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame61.html
This one in particular:
http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame63.html
and this:
http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame78.html

Heh.

Laura

Test post. [checking out new headers] I'll have to click those tomorrow and
fnd me. lol
--
Cheryl

Trapped like rats. In a chia-pet.
MIB II

Old February 14th 04, 05:30 AM
Cheryl

Cheryl wrote in on 14 Feb 2004:

Test post. [

Wonderful. I have nntp-posting-host. bleh...

Old February 14th 04, 01:47 PM
PawsForThought

Laura R. wrote in on 14
Feb 2004:

Gee, I can think of somebody who fits these:

This one in particular:
http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame63.html

OMG, exactly!!!!

Lauren
________

Old February 14th 04, 10:48 PM
Liz

My sick cats take enough out of me and I only want to
learn new ways to help them. Not argue about it with a pet food company
rep. My vet happens to agree, which is why I feel the way I do now.

Which is all that matters, in the long run. I wonder if Hill's knows
what an ass he's made himself out to be, and how poorly that reflects
on them. He's probably done more to negatively impact the sales of
their food with his lack of professionalism than any other factoid
posted about it...

-L.

That "lack of professionalism" called my attention. I went to the pet
shop some time ago and a Purina´s rep was there. I talked to him for a
little while and he told me that commercial food is in no way
substitute for homemade food. The thing about commercial food is that
it is *exclusively* to make life easier for the owner. He even told me
that he always had dogs. His dogs would live up to 18 years of age on
homemade and now they live at most to 13. I really appreciate honesty.
I´d rather buy a product from a company that comes clean than from a
company that treats me like a moron. I must state though that I do not
know if that´s Purina´s phylosophy of if that was a very honest
salesman.