new cats; tip of tongue sticking out

Old October 6th 03, 03:26 PM
Jean B.

Rona Yuthasastrakosol wrote:

"Jean B." wrote in message ...

Thanks, Lauren, both for the congrats and the reassurance. I
think the babies are doing pretty well, given the fact that they
are shy and have been totally disrupted.

--
Jean B., 12 miles west of Boston, Massachusetts, USA

How's Mingy doing with the transition? Has s/he noticed anything different
in the household? Does your daughter like the new cats, too?

So many questions, so little time :-).

rona

Hi Rona! You can see how frequently I go through all the NGs....
Ming still has not met the newcomers, who are down in my
daughter's large playroom, which also includes a hall and
bathroom. The main reason they have not been introduced is that
the new babies are still very shy. The male, Johnny (they have
not been renamed yet), is doing better--allows some patting and
some brushing, and my daughter has managed to pick him up a couple
of time. The female, Frankie, is extremely skittish. I have only
been able to give her one pat perhaps five times. I go down and
spend time with them, reading, so they get used to seeing,
hearing, and smelling me, but this is obviously going to take
time. Anyway, we think we have to be able to retrieve them is
they come out up here. Maybe we could let Mingy visit them down
there, but it is not clear they are ready.

Leah, who was dead set against getting these cats, has been quite
good with them. I was mainly worried that she would not even go
down and see them or give them a chance. Luckily she did, and she
loves cats, soooo...

--
Jean B., 12 miles west of Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Old October 8th 03, 12:47 AM
Jean B.

PawsForThought wrote:

Yeah, I bet as they get older, they'll be more outgoing.

I'm not too worried. The male is more outgoing with me, although
he is still pretty skittish. Any approaches have to be on HIS
terms. The female just looks at me. She occasionally will take a
sniff, and I might get a pat in if I am lucky, but usually she
bolts if I am anywhere near her. I feel really sorry for her.
She used to sleep with her meowmie every night, and now she not
only is in strange surroundings with strange people, but she has
been robbed of her ritual.

I also wish I could brush her. They are both Himmies and need
brushing. I can get him brushed a little but have not been able
to brush her at all. Luckily she was clipped down for the summer,
so she is not quite as furry as she might have been.

--
Jean B., 12 miles west of Boston, Massachusetts, USA