Hiding under rocks again

Old February 5th 09, 07:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ginger-lyn[_2_]

Default Hiding under rocks again

I really hoped 2009 would be better. I would really like to get on here
and write funny stories about my cats. I would really like to wake up
in a whole different world. But, no such luck.

Last Friday, I woke up and couldn't breathe. Yeah, I know I have COPD
etc., but I couldn't *breathe*. I called the ambulance, and they gave
me a breathing treatment in there. I did NOT want to go to the
hospital. I have 10 babies to take care of, and no one else understands
exactly *how* to do that. I need to *be* HERE. But my pulmonologist
talked to his staff after I had called, and they told me I should be
seen by someone and to go to the emergency room. Dammit! Was still
struggling to breathe, so I didn't know what else to do but go,, and
call a couple of people to try to get someone to at least feed the cats
(I left some dry food before I went, but I don't free-feed, so that
wouldn't have lasted long).

I called the ambulance again and went to the One Place I Hate Most in
the Whole World. It was a mess. They got confused because they had
given me a bed on the kidney floor. I dropped my oxygen thing and an
idiot tech picked it up off the floor and stuck it back in my nose
before I could say anything. They kept getting confused about what they
were supposed to be doing. I have a broken toe, and had wrapped it in
gauze and tape, but as I was about to leave for the hospital, Shadow
decided to take a run in the snow, so I had to chase him around the
building (JUST what I needed!). It was wet, and absolutely no on in the
hospital would touch it to take it off. So I had to to do it.

Apparently, when I had chased Shadow, I had left the back door unlocked.
It doesn't stay shut right, so I came home to find Karen, my dear
friend and neighbor, telling me that she and her idiot boyfriend had
seen the door open. Most of the cats were inside or on the porch. They
shooed them back in, Karen fed them, and Maynard, of all people, put a
screw in the back door so it wouldn't open until someone took it out. I
could get in the front door just fine. And Loud Prayers to Bast, all 10
cats were inside by the time my mother-in-law got there to feed the
cats. (Yes, you are counting right. They were fed *3* times Friday. I
shouldn't have worried, I guess).

I don't know how many different breathing treatments they gave me. Not
to mention oxygen, humidifier, etc. I'm still on antiboitics,
expectorant and Prednisone. My breathing is still a little hard, but
getting much better. It's been a very slow ride.

What's worse (?Is it worse?) is that I suddenly (for no apparent reason
I know) have high blood pressure. They sent me a physical therapist at
home (that I really don't need; I need a case manager), and she chedked
my blood pressure, finding it was 135 over 116! It has *never* been
anywhere close to that before. She checked again yesterday, and it had
dropped slightly, but was still 135/108. Of course my regular doctor
wanted me back in the hospital, but I said no. In the meanwhile on all
this, I am hooked up to a program called My Patient Link; I can e-mail
my doctor, make appointments, read test results,, all online. So I was
more than a little shocked to notice that I apparently also have
Hospital Associated Pneumonia of the staph variety. Nice if they had
*told* me about it.

I think the cats are better healers than the nurses. I am taking it
very easy, taking my meds, sleeping a lot. and trying to get better.

I know my problems are nothing compared to some. I keep thinking sadly
of Kili and know that my problems aren't that much compared to others.
I am just so sad about her being gone, and it's hard to comprehend.

Anyway, just sad at the moment. If I can find a tree of smiles, I will
plant it for the group.

Ginger-lyn
Old February 5th 09, 08:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ted Davis[_3_]

On Thu, 05 Feb 2009 14:35:07 -0500, Ginger-lyn wrote:

I think the cats are better healers than the nurses.

My Tigger has a purr that relieves pain better than Vicodin. It also
eases my breathing problems (recurring sinus infection). All cats have
purrs that relax and reduce blood pressure, but none of my other cats has
anything like Tigger's. Funny thing: Tigger also has cronic breathing
problems that seem to be revieved by his own purring.

--
T.E.D. )

Old February 5th 09, 09:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Ginger-lyn wrote:
I really hoped 2009 would be better. I would really like to get on
here and write funny stories about my cats. I would really like to
wake up in a whole different world. But, no such luck.

If it wasn't for bad luck you'd have no luck at all. :-( I'm glad you've
still got your cats to give you comfort and I hope the holiday cards at
least brought a smile to your face.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old February 5th 09, 09:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Steve Touchstone[_3_]

purrs on the way for you to get to feeling better. ISTR that one of
the possible side effects of prednisone is high blood pressure. It
sounds like you have more than one doctor, so I'd suggest you collect
all your medications, including any over the counter type, and go over
the possible side effects and interactions with the one you have the
greatest faith in. Back when I worked in the pharmacy, we often had to
deal with problems caused when a patient had more than one doctor
prescribing sometimes conflicting medications.

Glad to hear the kitties are looking after you, and eating well LOL
--
Steve Touchstone
Little Bit, Sammy, Spotty, Princess, Furby
Old February 5th 09, 09:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Ginger-lyn}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Lots of purrs going your way my dear friend.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old February 6th 09, 01:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Ginger-lyn" wrote in message
[...]

I hope you find a tree of smiles, and keep a few for yourself. It sounds as
though you could use them. I'm sorry you're having so many problems. That
lower number of your blood pressure being so high is very worrisome. I
think it's the diastolic, but I can never remember which is which. I hope
they can get that under control pretty soon. I hope your breathing problems
improve, too. Certainly pneumonia on top of COPD is a bit much.

(((((((Ginger-lyn))))))))

Lots of purrs are on the way.

Joy

Old February 6th 09, 09:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Charleen Welton

Lots of Hugs and Purrs Ginger-Lyn.
Charleen,
Aggie Marble,
Victor Velcro,
Tiger and Tigger
and Lady Jane.

Old February 7th 09, 04:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

Ginger-lyn wrote:

I think the cats are better healers than the nurses. I am taking it
very easy, taking my meds, sleeping a lot. and trying to get better.

I know my problems are nothing compared to some. I keep thinking sadly
of Kili and know that my problems aren't that much compared to others. I
am just so sad about her being gone, and it's hard to comprehend.

Anyway, just sad at the moment. If I can find a tree of smiles, I will
plant it for the group.

{{{{{{{{{{Ginger-Lyn}}}}}}}}}}

Sending purrs and healing thoughts in your direction.

Pam S and the Fayetteville Nine
Old February 7th 09, 08:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Feb 5, 11:35*am, Ginger-lyn wrote:
I really hoped 2009 would be better. *

Early days yet it's only February so maybe 2009 will yet be the best
year ever for you! I hope so and if you find the tree of smiles-
remember you deserve most of the harvest!

In the meantime, since I haven't won the lottery a little something
(sorry it's only a little I'm feeling the pinch as well but at least
in my case only for another week or two then it's goodbye to Mr
Overdraft!) is coming your way via Victor might help with a bag of cat
food or whatever you need wish it could be more- will you accept
cyberhugs and the noise of two very loud purring motors in exchange
for the several thousand $ I would like to be able to give you?

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old February 12th 09, 03:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ginger-lyn[_2_]

Lesley wrote:
On Feb 5, 11:35 am, Ginger-lyn wrote:
I really hoped 2009 would be better.

Early days yet it's only February so maybe 2009 will yet be the best
year ever for you! I hope so and if you find the tree of smiles-
remember you deserve most of the harvest!

In the meantime, since I haven't won the lottery a little something
(sorry it's only a little I'm feeling the pinch as well but at least
in my case only for another week or two then it's goodbye to Mr
Overdraft!) is coming your way via Victor might help with a bag of cat
food or whatever you need wish it could be more- will you accept
cyberhugs and the noise of two very loud purring motors in exchange
for the several thousand $ I would like to be able to give you?

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Awwww, ty, Lesley. And you bet! You never know what kind of energy
those purrs might just send out into the Universe. Purrs are never
amiss, and I tell you, I have been availing myself of all 10 of my
purr-makers as much as possible. :-)

Ginger-lyn

The Mouser ROCKS!! tanadashoes Cat anecdotes 12 March 8th 08 05:59 AM
The Big Dood Rocks Kreisleriana[_2_] Cat anecdotes 4 November 10th 07 12:11 AM
Pet Rocks Granby Cat community 8 October 1st 07 04:43 AM
GMail Rocks QuickLegendB Cat anecdotes 0 June 1st 06 09:36 PM
OT Rufus Rocks! Kreisleriana Cat anecdotes 1 February 16th 06 04:17 PM