OT More Misheard Lyrics

Old September 8th 04, 04:33 PM
Bobcat

"Jeanette" wrote in message
.uk...

O J wrote in message
.

You remember how it goes:

A B C D E F G,
H I J K Elemeno P...

Regards and Purrs,
O J

Now I would NEVER get that. My Alphabet goes ABCDEFG (small pause)

HIJK
elemm (pause) ennoPQRSTU (small pause)VWXYZ.

I know that USians sing it to a different tune, and for the life of

me if I
try to use it, I forget what comes next!
Jeanette

Something to do with how Murricans and Canucks pronounce the final
letter? Here in Canada it's "zed", but below the border I think I
remember hearing that the rhyme (to the tune of "Twinkle, Twinkle
Little Star") goes -
"...QRS and TUV. W, X and Y and ZEE."
Am I right?

Old September 8th 04, 06:18 PM
O J

On Wed, 8 Sep, Bobcat wrote:

Something to do with how Murricans and Canucks pronounce the final
letter? Here in Canada it's "zed", but below the border I think I
remember hearing that the rhyme (to the tune of "Twinkle, Twinkle
Little Star") goes -
"...QRS and TUV. W, X and Y and ZEE."
Am I right?

Yes. As in "Z" rhymes with free, not "Zed" rhymes with Fred. But as
long as you're here, set me straight on something. I thought that
using the term "Canuck" was a serious social faux pas. Is this one of
those terms that a Canadian may use, but is resented if somebody from,
for example, the USA or the UK were to use it? Thanks.

Regards and Purrs,
O J

Old September 8th 04, 07:24 PM
Bobcat

"O J" wrote in message
On Wed, 8 Sep, Bobcat wrote:

Something to do with how Murricans and Canucks pronounce the final
letter? Here in Canada it's "zed", but below the border I think I
remember hearing that the rhyme (to the tune of "Twinkle, Twinkle
Little Star") goes -
"...QRS and TUV. W, X and Y and ZEE."
Am I right?

... as long as you're here, set me straight on something. I thought

that
using the term "Canuck" was a serious social faux pas. Is this one

of
those terms that a Canadian may use, but is resented if somebody

from,
for example, the USA or the UK were to use it? Thanks.
Regards and Purrs,
O J

There may be some thin-skinned Canadians, but personally Canuck
doesn't bother me or anyone I know in the slightest, any more than I
hope "Murricans" bothers anyone in the U.S. In fact the Canadian
Encyclopedia has a computer quiz called "Canucklehead"!
But what about "Yanks"? My Lady Person was raised in the Scottish
Hebrides where they used to call the U.S. soldiers "Yanks" (As in
George M. Cohan's Yankee Doodle Dandy song lyrics - "...the Yanks are
coming, the Yanks are coming...").