First Jellicle Stories-Thuh Siameze Cat Club Chorale

Old November 5th 07, 01:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
fuzzmonsters

Default First Jellicle Stories-Thuh Siameze Cat Club Chorale

Mreowwow, efurrykitty. This iz thuh story uv thuh Siameze Cat Club
Chorale (also known az thuh Siameze Cat Chorus or thuh Siameze Cat
Chorale), thuh most wunnerful assemblaj uv beeeeeyoutiful Siameze cat
singerz inna whole wide werld.

When thuh Siameze Cat Club wuz starting, kittiez were wundering whut
we cud do, and I (Ceilidh Flurrydance, thuh most beeeeeyoutiful
Siameze) sed "We cud sing! We cud hav a chorus! Cuz Siameze catz
sing the bestest and thuh loudest and the most beeeeeyoutifullest inna
whole werld and efurrryone luvs to heer beeeeeyoutiful Siameze
singing!" Well, no one cud argue wif that, now cud they?

But we reely didn't get thuh chorus together until the Spring Furball
Prom. And it wuz sorta a surprize. I wuz reeding about thuh Prom,and
my beeyoutiful valuntine winkwink Rocko and I were going to go, and
then I saw a list uv thuh Prom Committee memberz, and there wuz *my*
name fur thuh kitty in charge uv thuh mewsick. Now I fink Major wuz
gonna leed thuh orkestra, so I hadn't reely thot ennyfing about it.
But there wuz my name! Alla kittiez were countin on me! So I hurried
up and thot uv whut songz we cud sing. And I asked alla kittiez on
rpc to send me ideeaz fur songz, and there were lotza gud songz. So I
put together a program for thuh chorus to perform while thuh band took
a brake and alla kittiez cud rest frum dancing and sing along too if
they wanted. We sang We Are Siameze and Thuh Song uv Thuh Cadbury
Hunt and Efurrybody Wants To Be a Cat and a medley frum Catz and
That'z Amore (cuz it'z about pizzaz and moonz and luv) and lotza uther
kitty favoritez. We eeven had a gest soloist, Giuliani, thuh Sheperd
inna Brite Yellow Prom Dress (n honorary cat), who sang sum Elvis
numberz fur us. We ended wif alla kittiez joining in wif Somewhere
Over thuh Rainbow to honor efurryone at thuh Rainbow Bridge. And we
all had a wunnerful time.

Thuh next time we sung (I fink -- thuh sekreetary iz a louzy
recordkeeper) wuz at thuh Furrrst n Furrth uv July parteez. It wuz
suggested that alla kittiez cud do living tablowz uv thuh Catnadian
and Amurrrrican flagz, wif thuh red and white kittiez doing thuh maple
leef, and thuh blue n gray kittiez joining in fur thuh starz n
stripez. But we needed mewsick fur thuh tablowz, so I thot thuh Tabby
Cat Club members cud sing "Starz n Stripez Furrever" cuz they had
stripes and sorta starz. And uv corse thuh Siameze Cat Club Chorus
wanted to sing, too, so we got thuh werdz to O Catnada frum my mentee
Rusty-the-Tiger's mom and changed them just a liddle so they were cat
werdz, and clever kittiez wrote werdz to thuh Starz n Stripez Furever
(cuz that song duzn't have werdz), and new cat werdz to thuh Star
Span-gulled Banner, and we made a furrry patriotick display wif thuh
flagz and thuh songz at both thuh Furrrrst uv July partee in Catnada
and thuh Furrrrth uv July partee in Catifornia.

Since then, thuh Chorus haz sung at seffural weddingz, including
Kitzen n Caspurr n Cubby'z and Clarence n Jaeger'z. We're also
werking on our first CD (werking title: We Are Siameze, but I fink
it'z gonna haf to be We Are Siameze and Friends), and we had a
wunnerful response to our open audishunz -- lotza kittiez want to
participate inna choir, and lotza gud songz were suggested. We're
still luking ofur thuh list uv songz and deciding whether we want to
do just one cd to begin, or maybe haf a multi-rekord set. And uv
corse we're gonna perform at thuh Jellicle Ball.

We're not just thuh Siameze Cat Club Chorale, eether. Lotza kittiez
who aren't Siameze have joined -- I gess all kittiez luv to sing! And
that way we haf high voicez and low voicez and all kindza voicez so we
can do enny kind uv song. But we're keeping thuh name, cuz we began
az part uv thuh Siameze Cat Club and our first memberz were all
Siameze (or Siameze-sounding) catz, and uv course itza gud marketing
point, cuz efurrybody luvz beeeeyoutiful Siameze singing, so they'll
all come to heer us, and then they'll heer alla uther wunnerful kitty
voicez too.

We don't keep rekords uv whu'z inna chorus -- enny kitty whu wantz to
sing iz welcome, and we've alwayz had enuff kittiez to perform
whenefur we needed them. We practiss mostly at parteez, cuz
spikearitaz and burdwizerz reely help thuh mewsick, and we haf grate
parteez after performancez, too. (And we luv singing at thuh
weddingz, cuz there'z alwayz gudgud fud there!)

So that'z thuh story uv thuh Siameze Cat Club Chorale (or thuh best I
cud do wifout thuh rekordz thuh sekreetary can't find--whut can u do?
she'z only hoomin). If I fergot ennyfing or left out enny kitty'z
contribushun (and lotza kittiez have contributed to thuh chorale'z
success theze past few monthz), it'z becuz thuh sekreetary put alla
notez away inna safe place and can't remember where it iz. So enny
kitty whu wud like to add to thuh story, pleeze do.
--Ceilidh Flurrydance, S.O.C., M.D.S.C.C.,
S.C.C., F.C.C., P.C.C., MoR, *****
and Rocko's winkwink & valuntine

Old November 5th 07, 02:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stacey Weinberger

Wow, ower Furrrrth uv July partee in Catifornia iz menshuned heer Pasha!

Sebastian, rememfurrin "Satirday in a park, Ize fink it waz da Furth ov
Jooli..." furri fondli

Old November 5th 07, 02:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stacey Weinberger

Yup! Datz itz! Rememfur Anti Patty efen had a web site fur us wif fotoz an
we hadda merrigorownd anna traynride inna park? I wunner if she still
hazzit.

Sebastian

"Ellie" wrote in message
Iz dat OWR partee Sebastian? Whoa!
Princess Pasha, humming "Saturday, in thuh Park, fink it wuz thuh forff uf
Jooly"

Old November 5th 07, 03:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sylvia M

Weez abstrakted 72 payjez of da First of Jooly and Fourth of Jooly
Celebrations, 2000.
It rambelz, buttid inkloodz Pawball, and da cheerleading groop ov kittez, an
da Tabby Cat Club.

Du yuuz want it pozted neow?, ur cached furr layter?

Pit2nya

Old November 5th 07, 03:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stacey Weinberger

Yes pleeze!

Sebastian, wakzin nostaljick