Sebastian gets some bling

Old August 17th 06, 04:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

Default Sebastian gets some bling

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/object...640D43.DTL&o=0

Hmmm.

Old August 17th 06, 06:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Karen wrote:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/object...640D43.DTL&o=0

I don't understand... why doesn't he just have those teeth removed?
It's not like they're at all useful for the cat, sticking out like that.
In fact they must get in the way sometimes.

It's the perfect Halloween picture, though!

Joyce
Old August 17th 06, 06:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 10:19:03 -0500, Karen wrote:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/object...640D43.DTL&o=0

Hmmm.

That cat is now worth it's weight in gold! Gold, today, is quite high
priced. MLB
Old August 17th 06, 07:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2006-08-17, penned:
Karen wrote:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/object...640D43.DTL&o=0

I don't understand... why doesn't he just have those teeth removed?
It's not like they're at all useful for the cat, sticking out like
that. In fact they must get in the way sometimes.

It's the perfect Halloween picture, though!

Yeah ... this seems more about appearances than about need. "Steele
is always up for something new." I really don't feel that animals are
fashion accessories.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old August 17th 06, 10:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Inge Grotjahn

Am 17.08.2006 schrieb :

Karen wrote:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/object...640D43.DTL&o=0

I don't understand... why doesn't he just have those teeth removed?
It's not like they're at all useful for the cat, sticking out like that.
In fact they must get in the way sometimes.

Well, without those 2 teeth, the long persian-tongue will not stay in
his mouth but hang out all the time. With an underbite like this, I
would also tend to extract those teeth. On the other hand, this
underbite is so extreme, that the teeth do not excoriate the lip and
an extraction is not neccessary from a medical point of view.

Purrs to you
Inge and the catgang
--
CatManiacs World: http://www.gwsystems.com/inge
Old August 17th 06, 11:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen AKA Kajikit

wrote:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/object...640D43.DTL&o=0

Hmmm.

(giggles)

Tessie has an overbite and when she concentrates or 'talks' her top
fangs poke down out of her mouth... she looks so cute but I'm not
worried about it because they don't stick out ALL the time. John calls
it her 'vampire kitty' look because they really show up against her
black fur
Old August 18th 06, 02:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"Inge Grotjahn" wrote in message
Am 17.08.2006 schrieb :

Karen wrote:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/object...640D43.DTL&o=0

I don't understand... why doesn't he just have those teeth removed?
It's not like they're at all useful for the cat, sticking out like that.
In fact they must get in the way sometimes.

Well, without those 2 teeth, the long persian-tongue will not stay in
his mouth but hang out all the time. With an underbite like this, I
would also tend to extract those teeth. On the other hand, this
underbite is so extreme, that the teeth do not excoriate the lip and
an extraction is not neccessary from a medical point of view.

Purrs to you
Inge and the catgang

Also the guy is a dentist, so making the crowns for the cat was no big deal.

Jo

Old August 18th 06, 02:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Enfilade

Tessie has an overbite and when she concentrates or 'talks' her top
fangs poke down out of her mouth... she looks so cute but I'm not
worried about it because they don't stick out ALL the time. John calls
it her 'vampire kitty' look because they really show up against her
black fur

Nox does the vampire kitty too, except that she doesn't do it all the
time either. It seems to be a specific sort of expression.

"Look at my fangs. Imagine them piercing your skin. I think you can
take that book off my lap and make room for me to be enthroned there,
don't you?"

Smokey will run around with his mouth open and lips curled back when he
wants to be intimidating.

--Fil

Old August 18th 06, 02:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Karen wrote:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/object...640D43.DTL&o=0

Hmmm.

Well, this cat is loved and pampered very much, and that's the
important thing.

But I'm not buying that this guy crowned those teeth for dental-health
reasons. I think he more just wanted to do it for the appearance
factor. :-)

Sherry