Fat cat = animal abuse

Old March 27th 06, 10:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Fat cat = animal abuse

"IBen Getiner" wrote in message
oups.com...

MaryL wrote:
"IBen Getiner" wrote in message
oups.com...

MaryL wrote:
Please look at this page: http://tinyurl.com/krqwr

So.... Who's fault is it when a person eats all they want too and
become overweight...? McDonalds and Burger King! Who else!
Note, ladies and gentlemen, the stunning similarities between this
recent liberal left-wing attitude towards individual non-responsibility
and their new current leap of illogic... you are an animial abuser
becaus your cat is fat. Remarkable...

IBen

This cat is more than merely "fat" (even though that was the word I used)
or
"overweight." He is morbidly obese (and the owner has him vying for the
title of "world's fattest feline." He cannot even walk correctly; the
owner
says he "waddles." If we as human beings overeat, that is our own
problem
and our own responsibility. If a cat is fed 30 pounds of food per week
(that's right, this cat eats 30 pounds!), then that is the responsibility
of
the owner -- and it's cat abuse. It is our responsibility to provide
quality care.

MaryL

So... you take your cat to the vet and he tells you that it's kidney
function is down to 65 percent, but you can extend it's life a year by
doing all these special expensive things... Special diet and special
tests... to the tune of 100 bucks a week... Are you telling me that I'm
an abuser because I won't go down to the bank for a 2nd mortgage on my
house to save the thing?
You've got a problem with your conception of reality, lady. You and
every other nut who thinks like you...

Here.... A kool site for the unperturbed...

http://www.messybeast.com/freak-cats.htm

IBen Getiner

And you have a problem with reading. I didn't say *any* of those things.
This entire thread deals exclusively with a morbidly obese cat and the
responsibility of the owner for that condition (or it did, until you
inserted your "reading between the lines" commentary).

MaryL

Old March 27th 06, 05:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"D." wrote in message
link.net...
In article ,
(Claude V. Lucas) wrote:

I don't think anyone is arguing that, but from a description of
"waddles," "wants to run but can't," etc., it doesn't sound like this is
a naturally large cat, just an overfed one.

I think you have Leo confused with the white and black one
that was on TV a while back. That one *is* a sad case.

Nope, I don't have them confused. They're different colors.

I found some pix of Leo.
http://www.verismocat.com/htmscripts/leo-guinness.htm

Doesn't look like a healthy body condition. And the owner is the one who
said he waddles and can't run.
--

No, No No people these are 2 totally different cats. The huge fat cat lives
in China. And yes, he's so fat he can't even jump on the bed by himself.

Link to sadly obese cat:

http://keyetv.com/watercooler/local_...051145935.html

--maryjane

Old March 27th 06, 06:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

In article .net,
D. wrote:
In article ,
(Claude V. Lucas) wrote:

I don't think anyone is arguing that, but from a description of
"waddles," "wants to run but can't," etc., it doesn't sound like this is
a naturally large cat, just an overfed one.

I think you have Leo confused with the white and black one
that was on TV a while back. That one *is* a sad case.

Nope, I don't have them confused. They're different colors.

I found some pix of Leo.

http://www.verismocat.com/htmscripts/leo-guinness.htm

Doesn't look like a healthy body condition. And the owner is the one who
said he waddles and can't run.

Well, the breeders and the vet disagree with you...

Some of the other Verismo Maine Coons look "large boned" as well.

Claude
Old March 27th 06, 08:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER writes:

I am going to write a message of protest to Ripley's. They should not be
glorifying this type of abuse and just plain idiocy.

Ripley's and Guiness' Book have always glorified crazy, dangerous
stunts. Smoking the most cigarettes at once or breaking the most bones
or weighing over 1,000 pounds. That's what they do, it's how they make
their money, and it's always been this way. I'm sorry, I am not trying
to be rude, but writing to them is silly.

Stacia

Old March 27th 06, 08:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Guinness is no longer recognizing animal weight or dangerous animal behavior
due to they believe that it will lead to people deliberately over feeding
their pets and or putting them in danger.

Old March 28th 06, 01:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 19:16:32 GMT, "Matthew AKA NMR \( NO MORE RETAIL
\)" 10 points a troll @linethetrollsup.com wrote:

Guinness is no longer recognizing animal weight or dangerous animal behavior
due to they believe that it will lead to people deliberately over feeding
their pets and or putting them in danger.

Yeah, it says so right on the web page with the pictures of this
oversized housecat. The record is based on length, not weight.

But the cat-care nazis have rendered their judgement and further
information is not welcome.

Charlie

Old March 28th 06, 05:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 00:28:26 GMT, "D."
wrote:

In article ,
(Claude V. Lucas) wrote:

Doesn't look like a healthy body condition. And the owner is the one who
said he waddles and can't run.

Well, the breeders and the vet disagree with you...

The veterinarian getting publicity? I can't say I'm surprised. I'd like
to hear from a disinterested veterinarian, especially about the 30
pounds a week, the waddling, and the "can't run."

You are confused between Iggy, the waddling cat who is a contender for
Ripleys, versus Leo, the Maine Coon who is a Guiness contender based
on length.

Some of the other Verismo Maine Coons look "large boned" as well.

I didn't see bone. I didn't see a waist. I didn't see any of the typical
signs of a healthy body condition. Normal cats can walk, not waddle.

You have Leo confused with Iggy. Leo can stretch up and put his paws
on the kitchen counter. Iggy is probably too fat to do that.

Normal cats can run. This cat appears to weigh about as much as a
good-sized bobcat. Bobcats can run and leap and catch prey.

Leo looks like he could run. Iggy's the one who can't run. You have
confused these two in your thinking.

I said this cat looked obese the first time I saw him, and I still think
so. "Furry" doesn't explain all that fat.

Not "this cat" Diane. "These cats," i.e., Iggy and Leo.

You have them confused.

Charlie
Old March 28th 06, 06:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 00:29:51 GMT, "D."
wrote:

In article ,
wrote:

link.net...
In article ,
(Claude V. Lucas) wrote:

I don't think anyone is arguing that, but from a description of
"waddles," "wants to run but can't," etc., it doesn't sound like this is
a naturally large cat, just an overfed one.

I think you have Leo confused with the white and black one
that was on TV a while back. That one *is* a sad case.

Nope, I don't have them confused. They're different colors.

I found some pix of Leo.
http://www.verismocat.com/htmscripts/leo-guinness.htm

Doesn't look like a healthy body condition. And the owner is the one who
said he waddles and can't run.
--

No, No No people these are 2 totally different cats.

Except I was never confused and wasn't even thinking of the Chinese cat.

No, you were thinking of Iggy, the Missouri cat, whom you have
confused with Leo, the Chicago cat.

I'm not even sure why it came up since no one seems to be confused.

Au contraire, madame! You are confused.

Charlie