She hangs round on barstools

Old August 24th 15, 08:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

Default She hangs round on barstools

Dave's physio has now reached the point where he can do the stairs (or it did but then he overdid things and sprained his knee). Problem was he'd get tired half way down and needed a break but had nowhere to sit. At that point we have a little landing but not big enough to put a chair there.

So being the creative genius I am I raided the local pub and with the landlords permission I came back with a barstool. It's small enough to sit on the landing and just the right height when Dave wants a break as I say until he busted his knee it was working just fine.

So whilst his knee gets better it's sitting in the corner of our living room and pretty much permanently in use....by Spirit

At mealtimes she gallops into the kitchen to eat then gallops (She has two speeds- very fast and stopped dead) to her litter tray then gallops back to her barstool often leaping from about ten feet away to land on it before anyone else sits on it!

When she's not eating or using her box (or very occasionally on someones lap getting skritchies) she's on "her" barstool. It makes sense from a cat point of view I guess, she's high up, has a good view of the whole room from there and when the lamp is on she's near enough it for it to be nice and warm for her. Oh and those wooden legs make a great scratching post

I am not looking forward to when Dave and the physio have to evict her so it can be used for what I intended it for

And wondering how much my local landlord will charge me for it if I have to buy it for her

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old August 25th 15, 09:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Lesley Madigan wrote:

[...]

Oh, those young kids! Boundless energy.

When she's not eating or using her box (or very occasionally on someones lap getting skritchies) she's on "her" barstool. It makes sense from a cat point of view I guess, she's high up, has a good view of the whole room from there and when the lamp is on she's near enough it for it to be nice and warm for her. Oh and those wooden legs make a great scratching post

I am not looking forward to when Dave and the physio have to evict her so it can be used for what I intended it for

And wondering how much my local landlord will charge me for it if I have to buy it for her

I don't understand. Your landlord will charge you for bringing a small piece
of your own furniture into your apartment?

And yet the folks at the pub were willing to give you the stool for free.
Maybe they have a flat to rent out?

--
Joyce

Hey auto-correct, quit fixing all my swear words, you mother forklift.
- damnyouautocorrect.com
Old August 26th 15, 12:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]

On 8/25/2015 1:18 PM, Bastette wrote:
Lesley Madigan wrote:

[...]

I think there is a communication gap here. I believe Lesley and Dave
live in England. There the proprietor of the pub is called the
landlord. I think she was talking about buying the stool from the pub.
I'm sure she'll correct me if I'm wrong.

Joy
Old August 26th 15, 12:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Lesley Madigan wrote:

[...]

Yes, that's the way I read it. She borrowed the bar stool from the
landlord of the pub. Now the cat doesn't want to give it back.

Jill
Old August 26th 15, 02:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Mon, 24 Aug 2015 12:30:41 -0700 (PDT), Lesley Madigan
wrote:
When she's not eating or using her box (or very occasionally on someones lap getting skritchies) she's on "her" barstool. It makes sense from a cat point of view I guess, she's high up, has a good view of the whole room from there and when the lamp is on she's near enough it for it to be nice and warm for her. Oh and those wooden legs make a great scratching post

I am not looking forward to when Dave and the physio have to evict her so it can be used for what I intended it for

This reminds me of an episode of My Cat From Hell where they made a cat her
own little pilates bench.
Old August 26th 15, 11:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

On Tuesday, August 25, 2015 at 11:26:35 PM UTC, jmcquown wrote:

I think there is a communication gap here. I believe Lesley and Dave
live in England. There the proprietor of the pub is called the
landlord. I think she was talking about buying the stool from the pub.
I'm sure she'll correct me if I'm wrong.

Not wrong at all spot on

Old August 27th 15, 10:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Lesley Madigan wrote:

[...]

I do know Lesley lives in the UK, but I did not know that a pub owner is
called a landlord, so thanks for clearing that up. And I guess I'd better
work on my reading skills.

--
Joyce

I want freedom, the right to self expression, everyone's right to
beautiful radiant things. -- Emma Goldman
Old August 27th 15, 10:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]

Lesley Madigan wrote:

[...]

Hey, nobody can know everything, and the Internet is a good place to
learn. I'm probably a lot older than you are. By the time you're my
age, you'll know lots of things other people don't know.

Old August 27th 15, 11:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Lesley Madigan wrote:

[...]

I may be mistaken but I seem to recall the term "landlord" as relates to
a pub dates way back in English and even American history. The
owner/landlord of the Public House often also rented rooms to weary
travellers. Hence, he was also a landlord. At least that's my
understanding, limited as it is by mere books and some historical
television shows.

Jill

Espy almost hangs himself - a warning about blinds. dgk Cat anecdotes 10 September 17th 10 09:37 PM
The round up. NettieCat Cat anecdotes 13 May 20th 10 10:58 AM
CJ and the cabinets - round three Ted Davis[_2_] Cat anecdotes 3 May 18th 08 01:51 AM
Another Round Of UTI Cat Protector Cat health & behaviour 47 March 6th 05 10:17 PM
Another round of purrs, please? LOL Cat anecdotes 29 September 5th 03 10:12 PM