Boyfie missed his meowmie today

Old August 31st 15, 12:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Boyfie missed his meowmie today

He was startled to be woken up at 6 a.m. for his breakfast. He did get up
but left a lot of it.
I was going on a coach trip to meet my half brother, his wife and my half
sister. I've only met them a couple of times before.
I made arrangements for Claire to feed him at 3.30, which she did and she
left his bowl in a different place to make sure I knew it was done.
But he still left most of it until I got home, then he scarfed it up. Then
he climbed on my knee, threw himself against me and purred his head off.

Sometimes I simply do have to leave him.

Had a great day in Southport. It nearly went wrong as I said I would text
my brother when we left the services so he could estimate what time to leave
Liverpool where he lives to join up and find where the coach would drop me
but we didnt stop. I phoned him where we got near but no reply. Apparently
he was in the shower.
Anyway, we met up eventually and had a great day together.
Boyfie was very pleased when I got home at 8 pm. I know some cats express
disapproval by shunning you if you've been away for a while but he never
does. He is always delighted to see me.
He scarfed up his food and jumped onto my lap. He pressed himself against
me and purred.
Then I kind of felt guilty for leaving him for the whole day, but sometimes
I have to do important things for myself.

Old August 31st 15, 01:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]

[...]

He probably knows that acting that way makes you feel at least as guilty
as you would if he shunned you.

Yes, sometimes you have to leave them, and they all react differently.
Lindy (RB) would come running to the door whether I'd made a 15 minute
trip to the market or been gone to Australia for three weeks. Skeeter
(RB) didn't make a fuss either way if I was gone a short time, but when
it was more than a day, he'd stay out of sight for several hours after I
got home. Finally he'd show up and make a point of ignoring me. He
always managed to make up with me by the time I went to bed, though.

Pickles and Koala are doing their own thing when I come home, usually
loafing in the living room or on my bed. When I say I'm home, they say,
"Oh, really? You were gone?"

Old September 1st 15, 05:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Joy" wrote in message
[...]

Yes, actually it did. Like "aww, he really missed me, I shouldn't leave
him all day again"
He is perfectly able to manage without me all day as he used to have to when
I was working, but he is capable of making me feel really bad now.

Old September 1st 15, 06:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Joy" wrote in message
Yes, sometimes you have to leave them, and they all react differently.
Lindy (RB) would come running to the door whether I'd made a 15 minute
trip to the market or been gone to Australia for three weeks. Skeeter
(RB) didn't make a fuss either way if I was gone a short time, but when it
was more than a day, he'd stay out of sight for several hours after I got
home. Finally he'd show up and make a point of ignoring me. He always
managed to make up with me by the time I went to bed, though.

Pickles and Koala are doing their own thing when I come home, usually
loafing in the living room or on my bed. When I say I'm home, they say,
"Oh, really? You were gone?"

I looked after Sally (who used to live next door) once when her people were
forced to go away for a weekend to their daughter's wedding. She was well
annoyed when they came home. She sat in the drive with her back to them for
about 7 hours. They called her in "Sally, Sally, we're home.." She was
having none of it.
Kitty Farmcat & Sally used to fall out quite a lot because Kitty used to
insist Sally's orchard was hers and because nocat in the world would dare to
disagree with KFC, Sally eventually said "Ok, it's yours"
Sally was a nice cat, holstein sort, more white than black and I had the sad
task to drive her paw, Alan, to the vet to send her to the rainbow bridge.
She had liver cancer.
When we were driving there, Alan said "you re a good driver, better than
anyone I ever went with, they were awful"
Not sure whether that was a compliment.

Tweed

Old September 1st 15, 07:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]

On 9/1/2015 9:14 AM, Christina Websell wrote:
"Joy" wrote in message
[...]

Yup. Cats are masters of psychology and manipulation.

Boyfie was fooled today Christina Websell Cat anecdotes 12 April 9th 13 06:25 PM
For those I missed Joy Cat anecdotes 2 July 25th 06 03:15 AM
For Everyone I missed Matthew aka NMR Cat anecdotes 0 May 21st 06 04:54 AM
Okay, I must have missed something.... Mischief Cat anecdotes 0 June 24th 05 04:43 AM