Buffy Loves being Brushed

Old August 24th 15, 05:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Buffy Loves being Brushed

I made the mistake of wearing a black tank top yesterday and Buffy spent
a good amount of time on my lap. My shirt was covered in white-tipped
fur. Ooops.

We had a nice grooming session earlier this morning. Buffy does love
being brushed. Of course I give her scritches at the same time so it's
all good. She rolls over and lets me brush her belly. For a few
seconds, at least.

Jill
Old August 25th 15, 01:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sylvia and P2nya

"jmcquown" wrote in message
I made the mistake of wearing a black tank top yesterday and Buffy spent a
good amount of time on my lap. My shirt was covered in white-tipped fur.
Ooops.

We had a nice grooming session earlier this morning. Buffy does love
being brushed. Of course I give her scritches at the same time so it's
all good. She rolls over and lets me brush her belly. For a few seconds,
at least.

Jill

I'm green with envy.
Pit2nya fight-bites the brush from the very stat. (several varieties have
been tried.)

Sylvia

Old August 25th 15, 02:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]

On 8/24/2015 5:41 PM, Sylvia and P2nya wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
I made the mistake of wearing a black tank top yesterday and Buffy spent a
good amount of time on my lap. My shirt was covered in white-tipped fur.
Ooops.

We had a nice grooming session earlier this morning. Buffy does love
being brushed. Of course I give her scritches at the same time so it's
all good. She rolls over and lets me brush her belly. For a few seconds,
at least.

Jill

I'm green with envy.
Pit2nya fight-bites the brush from the very stat. (several varieties have
been tried.)

Sylvia

So am I. I can occasionally manage to brush Pickles for one or two
strokes, but only if she doesn't see me pick up the brush. There's no
way I can brush Koala.

Joy

Old August 25th 15, 08:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
I made the mistake of wearing a black tank top yesterday and Buffy spent a
good amount of time on my lap. My shirt was covered in white-tipped fur.
Ooops.

We had a nice grooming session earlier this morning. Buffy does love
being brushed. Of course I give her scritches at the same time so it's
all good. She rolls over and lets me brush her belly. For a few seconds,
at least.

Jill

I use a Zoom Groom. It has rubber fingers on and even Boyfie likes it.
It's great for picking up loose fur.
I'm going to show it to Claire. When I take a dog or cat to the vet, I
make sure it is well groomed. Tigger shed all over the vet's surgery when
we were last there and I realised he'd never been groomed in his life.
The vet commented about it.
The thing is that if you don't tell Claire what to do, she doesn't do it.
A while ago I had to teach her how to change a light bulb.
But bless her wonderful heart, she took care of me for weeks and visited me
every day in hospital. She's my best friend.

Old August 25th 15, 09:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
I made the mistake of wearing a black tank top yesterday and Buffy spent a
good amount of time on my lap. My shirt was covered in white-tipped fur.
Ooops.

We had a nice grooming session earlier this morning. Buffy does love
being brushed. Of course I give her scritches at the same time so it's
all good. She rolls over and lets me brush her belly. For a few seconds,
at least.

Jill

I use a Zoom Groom. It has rubber fingers on and even Boyfie likes it.
It's great for picking up loose fur.

I have a Furminator which gets rid of the thick undercoat. It has metal
prongs but won't in any way cut or damage the skin. I also have a
regular fairly soft brush. I'm glad Buffy likes it because her fur
shows up more than Persia's grey fur did.

I'm going to show it to Claire. When I take a dog or cat to the vet, I
make sure it is well groomed. Tigger shed all over the vet's surgery when
we were last there and I realised he'd never been groomed in his life.
The vet commented about it.

My dog Sampson (RB 1999) used to shed terribly at the vet. I bathed and
brushed him regularly but the stress of being poked and prodded by a
stranger was too much. Persia the cat (RB 2014) also got brushed
regularly but she still shed when we were at the vet's office. (She'd
also get so upset she'd throw up in the carrier.) It's nerves.

Jill
Old August 25th 15, 10:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

Yep, they do throw their coats off when they see the vet.

Old August 26th 15, 08:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sylvia and P2nya

"jmcquown" wrote in message
"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

I too own a furminator but I loaned it to my daughter. Her cat gets
everything
that I buy, that Pit2nya doesn't want. I call Candy her 'cousin'.

I have several pieces of grooming equipment from Dyna Mo/mite,
the Maine Coon cat I had before.

I think I'll try one at a time, with a few days in between, when Pit2nya is
in resting mode.
She's a grey and white tuxie longhair.

Sylvia M..

Old August 27th 15, 07:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"jmcquown" wrote in message
"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

Yes, it's nerves, dogs and cats do it, but I make sure Boyfie is zoomgroomed
before he visits the vet. The nerves also make wet patches from his paws on
the table but nothing I can do about that.
Although the vet is always very kind and gentle to him it always gives him
wet paws. He panics when he sees the vet and is sure he is about to die, he
does flatcat "please do not hurt me"
He never gets aggressive about it. He could claw them, but he never does.
They describe him as "a perfect gentleman"
Which he is.
Now if KFC was there - that was a whole different thing. She didn't see any
reason to be nice to the vets. They got well scratched every time she went
there. She was pretty awful at the vets, tbh, but they were good with her I
suppose they'd seen difficult cats before.

Old August 29th 15, 05:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

Yes, it is nerves. Dogs & cats will not only shed copiously at the vets
surgery, but dogs will suddenly have dandruff coming up which they never had
before they got there.

This would be an interesting subject for a thesis.

Tweed

Old August 29th 15, 10:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Rusty[_2_]

On Saturday, August 29, 2015 at 12:38:08 PM UTC-4, Christina Websell wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
news...
"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

When I was looking for a cat to adopt, I held a cat whose cage was above Rust's.
It trembled and shed all over me. I wasn't impressed.
Then I saw Rusty sleeping under his overturned litter box in the cage.
I got to hold him and he didn't tremble or shed.
And the rest, as they say, was history.
Had Rusty for 15 years.

Winnie

Buffy next to me (pic) jmcquown[_2_] Cat anecdotes 8 June 28th 15 01:05 AM
Buffy Pic jmcquown[_2_] Cat anecdotes 38 June 21st 15 06:01 PM
Buffy Loves the Crackle Sack jmcquown[_2_] Cat anecdotes 0 June 10th 15 02:12 PM
Got Brushed? jmcquown[_2_] Cat anecdotes 2 November 18th 12 12:46 PM
Brushed da Kitty! jmcquown[_2_] Cat anecdotes 5 January 24th 10 11:49 PM