Oooops!

Old August 28th 15, 12:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Oooops!

In the wee hours of the morning Buffy jumped up at the foot of the bed
and startled me. I must have been dreaming (don't remember about what)
because I kicked out and she went flying. Awwww, Buffy, I'm sorry! She
was crying; she sounded so pitiful. Meowmie, why did you do that?! I
turned on the bedside lamp and she came around to the side by the cat
steps, still meowing at me. I spoke soothingly to her and she came up
the steps and joined me, safely away from my mean ol' feet.

Jill
Old August 28th 15, 06:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
The New Other Guy

On Fri, 28 Aug 2015 07:06:08 -0400, jmcquown
wrote:

In the wee hours of the morning Buffy jumped up at the foot of the bed
and startled me. I must have been dreaming (don't remember about what)
because I kicked out and she went flying. Awwww, Buffy, I'm sorry! She
was crying; she sounded so pitiful. Meowmie, why did you do that?! I
turned on the bedside lamp and she came around to the side by the cat
steps, still meowing at me. I spoke soothingly to her and she came up
the steps and joined me, safely away from my mean ol' feet.

Cat dreams are not nearly as dangerous to humans, as human
dreams are to cats.

GLyN decided that last night was a good night to stay inside
and sleep on the bed with me. A night when it was still over
80 degrees inside, and holding there. but we got thru 4 hours
before he decided it was time to go patrol again.

Old August 28th 15, 09:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

jmcquown wrote:

In the wee hours of the morning Buffy jumped up at the foot of the bed
and startled me. I must have been dreaming (don't remember about what)
because I kicked out and she went flying. Awwww, Buffy, I'm sorry! She
was crying; she sounded so pitiful. Meowmie, why did you do that?! I
turned on the bedside lamp and she came around to the side by the cat
steps, still meowing at me. I spoke soothingly to her and she came up
the steps and joined me, safely away from my mean ol' feet.

Aww, give her a smooch for me. I do this at night, too. If I kick Licky,
he takes off, but he comes back quickly. Plus he's big and in good health,
so other than startling him, I don't think my accidental kicks affect him
that much.

But poor Roxy. She's old and kind of frail, not very steady on her feet.
If I kick her and she falls off the bed, she will sort of crumple before
getting back up. So I feel really bad when that happens. Hopefully not
too often!

Lately I've been keeping the cats out of my bedroom at night. Otherwise,
I have to put up with Licky randomly yowling at all hours of the night.
Yes, Licky, 5:13 AM when I am deep in REM sleep is the perfect time to
demand attention!

Again, I feel bad for Roxy. She usually settles in one place and curls
up. No noise, no fussing. If she moves to another place on the bed, or
even if she climbs on top of me, it doesn't wake me up. Maybe once
during the night she will come up to my face and nuzzle me, purring and
nose-rubbing, which does wake me up, but it's so sweet that I enjoy it.
We have a little cuddle session and then it's back to sleep for both of
us. I miss that. But if I want to keep Licky *out* while Roxy is in the
bedroom, I'd have to shut her in the bedroom with me. And I don't want a
litterbox in there!

--
Joyce

We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth
concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both.
-- Louis D. Brandeis
Old August 28th 15, 11:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

wrote:

In the wee hours of the morning Buffy jumped up at the foot of the bed
and startled me. I must have been dreaming (don't remember about what)
because I kicked out and she went flying. Awwww, Buffy, I'm sorry! She
was crying; she sounded so pitiful. Meowmie, why did you do that?! I
turned on the bedside lamp and she came around to the side by the cat
steps, still meowing at me. I spoke soothingly to her and she came up
the steps and joined me, safely away from my mean ol' feet.

Cat dreams are not nearly as dangerous to humans, as human
dreams are to cats.

Probably true, but it's not as if I kick her off the bed every night.
She just leapt up at the wrong moment.

GLyN decided that last night was a good night to stay inside
and sleep on the bed with me. A night when it was still over
80 degrees inside, and holding there. but we got thru 4 hours
before he decided it was time to go patrol again.

I couldn't sleep if it was 80 degrees inside. I keep it around 70F and
still have to run the ceiling fan to be comfortable. Add Buffy to that
and it gets a tad too warm but do love that she snuggles next to me when
I'm sleeping.

Jill
Old August 28th 15, 11:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 8/28/2015 4:02 PM, Bastette wrote:
jmcquown wrote:

[...]

Awww, I feel for Roxy. Persia was like that when she got old but
fortunately she made use of those kitty steps I bought and used them to
climb up to snooze next to me.

Lately I've been keeping the cats out of my bedroom at night. Otherwise,
I have to put up with Licky randomly yowling at all hours of the night.
Yes, Licky, 5:13 AM when I am deep in REM sleep is the perfect time to
demand attention!

Yowling is no fun. Do you know why Licky yowls?

Again, I feel bad for Roxy. She usually settles in one place and curls
up. No noise, no fussing. If she moves to another place on the bed, or
even if she climbs on top of me, it doesn't wake me up. Maybe once
during the night she will come up to my face and nuzzle me, purring and
nose-rubbing, which does wake me up, but it's so sweet that I enjoy it.

That sounds very sweet.

We have a little cuddle session and then it's back to sleep for both of
us. I miss that. But if I want to keep Licky *out* while Roxy is in the
bedroom, I'd have to shut her in the bedroom with me. And I don't want a
litterbox in there!

There's only one good spot in this house for a litterbox and that's in
the master bathroom. The food and water is in the bedroom, too. This
house wasn't designed for pets, that's for sure.

Jill
Old August 29th 15, 02:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

jmcquown wrote:

[...]

Roxy can still jump up on things and doesn't need steps, but she does have
a little trouble landing when jumping down. Luckily, most of the apartment
has carpeting.

Lately I've been keeping the cats out of my bedroom at night. Otherwise,
I have to put up with Licky randomly yowling at all hours of the night.
Yes, Licky, 5:13 AM when I am deep in REM sleep is the perfect time to
demand attention!

Yowling is no fun. Do you know why Licky yowls?

He wants me to pet him. Seriously. Several times per night. And he doesn't
go about it cutely like Roxy does, because he usually doesn't offer affection,
he *demands* it. (After I've been petting him for a while, he might give me
some nose rubs, but he's basically a do-me queen. )

Again, I feel bad for Roxy. She usually settles in one place and curls
up. No noise, no fussing. If she moves to another place on the bed, or
even if she climbs on top of me, it doesn't wake me up. Maybe once
during the night she will come up to my face and nuzzle me, purring and
nose-rubbing, which does wake me up, but it's so sweet that I enjoy it.

That sounds very sweet.

She's a little darling. That's what I tell her all the time.

--
Joyce

I prefer to live with Feline Sapiens, thank you very much.
Old August 29th 15, 03:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
The New Other Guy

On Fri, 28 Aug 2015 18:00:22 -0400, jmcquown
wrote:

GLyN decided that last night was a good night to stay inside
and sleep on the bed with me. A night when it was still over
80 degrees inside, and holding there. but we got thru 4 hours
before he decided it was time to go patrol again.

I couldn't sleep if it was 80 degrees inside. I keep it around 70F and
still have to run the ceiling fan to be comfortable. Add Buffy to that
and it gets a tad too warm but do love that she snuggles next to me when
I'm sleeping.

GLyN doesn't usually stay in at night unless it's raining
OR in the 40s, so last night was unusual, and I wasn't about
to say no to him.

Old August 29th 15, 03:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 8/28/2015 9:28 PM, Bastette wrote:
jmcquown wrote:

On 8/28/2015 4:02 PM, Bastette wrote:

But poor Roxy. She's old and kind of frail, not very steady on her feet.
If I kick her and she falls off the bed, she will sort of crumple before
getting back up. So I feel really bad when that happens. Hopefully not
too often!

Awww, I feel for Roxy. Persia was like that when she got old but
fortunately she made use of those kitty steps I bought and used them to
climb up to snooze next to me.

Roxy can still jump up on things and doesn't need steps, but she does have
a little trouble landing when jumping down. Luckily, most of the apartment
has carpeting.

She didn't really need the steps to jump up (although she used them).
But they made getting down much easier. My house is carpeted.

Buffy uses the steps just because they're there. I have a separate set
of pet steps in the dining room by the window. She sits on them and
looks out the window when I leave the house. Just like Persia used to.

Lately I've been keeping the cats out of my bedroom at night. Otherwise,
I have to put up with Licky randomly yowling at all hours of the night.
Yes, Licky, 5:13 AM when I am deep in REM sleep is the perfect time to
demand attention!

Yowling is no fun. Do you know why Licky yowls?

He wants me to pet him. Seriously. Several times per night. And he doesn't
go about it cutely like Roxy does, because he usually doesn't offer affection,
he *demands* it. (After I've been petting him for a while, he might give me
some nose rubs, but he's basically a do-me queen. )

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure Licky is nice. But yeah, that's the hour
when we need deep sleep. Not demanding attention.

I'm convinced Buffy digs loudly in the litter box in the middle of the
night simply to get my attention. She beats it like a jungle drum.
2:30-3:00AM. The noise wakes me up. I quickly learned not to react to it.

Again, I feel bad for Roxy. She usually settles in one place and curls
up. No noise, no fussing. If she moves to another place on the bed, or
even if she climbs on top of me, it doesn't wake me up. Maybe once
during the night she will come up to my face and nuzzle me, purring and
nose-rubbing, which does wake me up, but it's so sweet that I enjoy it.

That sounds very sweet.

She's a little darling. That's what I tell her all the time.

Tell her that for me, too, and give her and Licky both some scritches.

Jill
Old August 29th 15, 03:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

wrote:

GLyN decided that last night was a good night to stay inside
and sleep on the bed with me. A night when it was still over
80 degrees inside, and holding there. but we got thru 4 hours
before he decided it was time to go patrol again.

I couldn't sleep if it was 80 degrees inside. I keep it around 70F and
still have to run the ceiling fan to be comfortable. Add Buffy to that
and it gets a tad too warm but do love that she snuggles next to me when
I'm sleeping.

GLyN doesn't usually stay in at night unless it's raining
OR in the 40s, so last night was unusual, and I wasn't about
to say no to him.

You don't have to say no to him.

Buffy is an indoor cat and I require air-conditioning. Given the
weather this time of year, if she was an indoor/outdoor cat Buffy would
likely be looking for a boat.

It's the rainy season here in South Carolina. The weather geeks are
trying to blame it on a tropical storm that hasn't even made it to
Florida yet. Nope, it's just typical SC this time of year. The average
outdoor temps have been in the 90's during the day, 80's at night.
Rain, rain, rain.

It's very humid. That's because the water keeps falling from the sky.
LOL I don't think GLyN would choose to stay outside in all this rain.
He might demand you make it stop so he could go outside, though.

Jill
Old August 29th 15, 04:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
The New Other Guy

On Fri, 28 Aug 2015 22:42:38 -0400, jmcquown
wrote:

LOL I don't think GLyN would choose to stay outside in all this rain.
He might demand you make it stop so he could go outside, though.

He WOULD demand that I do something, then he'd go jump
onto the bed or his chair, and take a nap.