Oooops!

Old August 29th 15, 04:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Oooops!

On 8/28/2015 11:21 PM, The New Other Guy wrote:
On Fri, 28 Aug 2015 22:42:38 -0400, jmcquown
wrote:

LOL I don't think GLyN would choose to stay outside in all this rain.
He might demand you make it stop so he could go outside, though.

He WOULD demand that I do something, then he'd go jump
onto the bed or his chair, and take a nap.

That's a cat!

Jill
Old August 29th 15, 05:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Bastette" wrote in message
Lately I've been keeping the cats out of my bedroom at night. Otherwise,

I have to put up with Licky randomly yowling at all hours of the night.
Yes, Licky, 5:13 AM when I am deep in REM sleep is the perfect time to
demand attention!

Joyce, I don't want to scare you but when I was searching for info on the
net about over-active thyroid in case that was causing Boyfie's weight loss,
random yowling at night came up as one of the symptoms. It might be worth
getting Licky checked out if he continues to do it.
As it happens, it seems that there is nothing wrong with Boyfie. I had been
accidentally underfeeding him by giving him senior food for a year. I took
the vet's advice and stuffed him with as much as he could cope with,
including much more dry and he is up to 4.4kg, which is near to his perfect
weight of 4.5. I'm still feeding him a llitle bit too much to get him
there, a slower weight gain. To prevent him gorging so much too which led
to nasty incidents in the bath overnight ;-)

Old August 29th 15, 10:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Rusty[_2_]

On Friday, August 28, 2015 at 7:06:12 AM UTC-4, jmcquown wrote:
In the wee hours of the morning Buffy jumped up at the foot of the bed
and startled me. I must have been dreaming (don't remember about what)
because I kicked out and she went flying. Awwww, Buffy, I'm sorry! She
was crying; she sounded so pitiful. Meowmie, why did you do that?! I
turned on the bedside lamp and she came around to the side by the cat
steps, still meowing at me. I spoke soothingly to her and she came up
the steps and joined me, safely away from my mean ol' feet.

Jill

When I was a kid, our cat often jumped onto my bed from a high partition near
my bed when I was sound asleep, landing on my legs, causing me to
kick out in surprise. She had to hang on to the side of my bed with her claws
to keep from falling to the floor, waking me up in the process.

Winnie
Old September 1st 15, 07:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
On 8/28/2015 10:09 PM, The New Other Guy wrote:
On Fri, 28 Aug 2015 18:00:22 -0400, jmcquown
wrote:

GLyN decided that last night was a good night to stay inside
and sleep on the bed with me. A night when it was still over
80 degrees inside, and holding there. but we got thru 4 hours
before he decided it was time to go patrol again.

I couldn't sleep if it was 80 degrees inside. I keep it around 70F and
still have to run the ceiling fan to be comfortable. Add Buffy to that
and it gets a tad too warm but do love that she snuggles next to me when
I'm sleeping.

GLyN doesn't usually stay in at night unless it's raining
OR in the 40s, so last night was unusual, and I wasn't about
to say no to him.

You don't have to say no to him.

Buffy is an indoor cat and I require air-conditioning. Given the
weather this time of year, if she was an indoor/outdoor cat Buffy would
likely be looking for a boat.

It's the rainy season here in South Carolina. The weather geeks are
trying to blame it on a tropical storm that hasn't even made it to Florida
yet. Nope, it's just typical SC this time of year. The average outdoor
temps have been in the 90's during the day, 80's at night. Rain, rain,
rain.

It's very humid. That's because the water keeps falling from the sky. LOL
I don't think GLyN would choose to stay outside in all this rain. He might
demand you make it stop so he could go outside, though.

Jill

Boyfriend likes to go outside several times a day, but he he expects it to
be nice weather. Sometimes it is but more often it isn't. In Britain we
never know what we will get from one day to another.
It rained a lot and for two days the bridge is flooded so I can't get to the
supermarket.
It's kind of amusing to see people try and get through. and their cars just
die in the middle. If I had a 4x4 could pull them out.. but I haven't.
You could make some money with this.

I know very well how much water I can risk with my own car, because I know
it's very deep in the middle. If its over the pavement, it's no.
Every single time it floods, someone tries and fails and gets their car
stuck in the water. probably because only us who live here know about the
dip in the middle. It looks so innocuous.

Old September 2nd 15, 04:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Fri, 28 Aug 2015 22:42:38 -0400, jmcquown

GLyN doesn't usually stay in at night unless it's raining
OR in the 40s, so last night was unusual, and I wasn't about
to say no to him.

You don't have to say no to him.

Buffy is an indoor cat and I require air-conditioning. Given the
weather this time of year, if she was an indoor/outdoor cat Buffy would
likely be looking for a boat.

It's the rainy season here in South Carolina. The weather geeks are
trying to blame it on a tropical storm that hasn't even made it to
Florida yet. Nope, it's just typical SC this time of year. The average
outdoor temps have been in the 90's during the day, 80's at night.
Rain, rain, rain.

That was Erika and was originally aiming right at my house - and the
houses of a lot of people here in SE Florida. But it curved around the
Keys and headed up the west coast of Florida.

My cats never liked air conditioning back in NYC, but only the bedroom
had the A/C on at night. Here, it is of course full house A/C so they
have no choice. I think it must dry them out; I certainly get dried
out by it.