What Can I Do To Help This Cat?

Old November 23rd 03, 01:58 AM
Luvskats00

Steve G who goes by
(very appropriate) scrawls

A clue for the geographically challenged: Australia and Greece are not the

UK.

the feralcat web site has absolutely nothing to say about house pets being

run over; the page discusses the problem of feral cats - odd that, given the
feralcat.com domain, no?

You, unfortunately, face multiple challenges; being unable to read & digest
info, for example. I stated that I contacted the RSPCA [located in the UK, you
must be aware of this organization or are you in the dark here, too] and was
waiting for a response. I also identified the 2 URLs as non-UK sources

Regarding the "feral cat" website. I reread it to confirm the information.
You apparently forgot that i regularly posted about cars, poison, and
human/animal predators. The example I pulled from the website included
information about one - not all - of the topics on the list. I didn't realize
you needed a 2 week search and 500 page commentary on your ridiculous charges.

Since you are intent on ignoring much of the info provided, I have no choice
but to leave you to crush bricks or beercans with your forhead. When you want
to step up to the plate and have an intelligent discussion, let me know.

The feral cat website includes a variety of information on pet owners and their
pet cats and stray (not feral)cats who were pet cats. This is the only
information i cut and pasted. I disregarded the information about feral cats
since it had nothing to do with the thread.

Old November 23rd 03, 10:05 PM
Steve G

"Cheryl" wrote in message ...
(...)
cars ("Hang up and Drive!"). I too, am against letting cats out
*here* but I do think there are places where it is still safe (for
now).

....which basically echoes my thoughts.

I also don't think those who live in such an area need to be
berated by someone who doesn't have a clue.

Can't work out whether this is an insult directed at me, or not. Must
be all the beer cans I've been crushing against my forehead recently.

Steve.

Old November 23rd 03, 10:18 PM
Steve G

(Luvskats00) wrote in message ...
Steve G who goes by
(very appropriate) scrawls

(...)

You, unfortunately, face multiple challenges; being unable to read & digest
info, for example.

Heavens ... we've got a live one here!

I stated that I contacted the RSPCA [located in the UK, you
must be aware of this organization or are you in the dark here, too] and was
waiting for a response.

I.e., you have no data regarding the UK.

I also identified the 2 URLs as non-UK sources

So, why did you post them when we were talking about the UK?

Regarding the "feral cat" website. I reread it to confirm the information.
You apparently forgot that i regularly posted about cars, poison, and
human/animal predators. The example I pulled from the website included
information about one - not all - of the topics on the list.
I didn't realize you needed a 2 week search and 500 page commentary on your
ridiculous charges.

You don't. You just need to post something, you know ... relevant.

Since you are intent on ignoring much of the info provided, I have no choice
but to leave you to crush bricks or beercans with your forhead.

Jolly good! I'll be thinking of you, amongst the brick dust.

When you want
to step up to the plate and have an intelligent discussion, let me know.

I don't think there's a great deal of point my attempting to have an
'intelligent discussion' with someone who has such dramatic kneejerk
reactions that she must look like a demented marionette. If at some
point you show any capability to understand and appreciate different
cultures, philiosophies, geographies, environments and so forth, then
feel free to post something coherent. In the meantime...

HTH HAND,
Steve.

Old November 23rd 03, 10:22 PM
Sherry

I've read the same thoughts posted *time
and time again* from UK friends. I don't know the reason,
or whether this is limited to specific outlying areas,
but there's got to be a reason for it....I'm certainly not going
to accuse Steve of *lying*. In fact, I'd like to hear more about it.

As I stated above, my anecdotal evidence was exactly that. I'm not
lying, but if anyone surfing the waves of their agenda wants to accuse
me of that, I shan't shed many tears. I've never been called a troll
before in 10+ of Usenet ramblings, so I guess my appreticeship is now
complete.

I've lived in both rural and city areas, so I don't think the lack of
squashed cats is limited to outlying regions. I've never lived in a
seriously 'inner city' area though.

OK, ok now I'm finally getting the feedback I was looking for. Let's cut out
all the irelevent junk about Greece and Australia and my question was...it just
seems (from reading the cat groups--I've never been there...that road kill
isn't the problem in the UK that it is here. Any idea why? Also, I am in 100%
agreement with both you and Cheryl that there *are* places left that cats can,
and should be able to go outdoors. Maybe not many, but that's why I *hate* to
see a poster berated for letting their cats out by someone who hasn't a clue
what the environment is.
But on the highway I drive to the city, the road is always littered with
roadkill. Both domestic animals and wildlife. There's even a Dept. of
Transportation truck who's job it is to pick up everything from dead cats to
dead deer off the road. (I always thought that an awful job. I bet he doesn't
get invited to the Middle School on career day)

Sherry

Sherry