Cat has tiny scabs on her back.

Old February 8th 07, 05:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Zippy

Default Cat has tiny scabs on her back.

Our aged female has been accumulating tiny scabs on her back. She
doesn't have any critters such as fleas biting her and she lives
indoors. What could this be?

Old February 8th 07, 06:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cat Protector

Perhaps she has a food allergy? What type of food is she on? Also, have you
taken this to the vet?

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com
oups.com...

Old February 9th 07, 12:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

on Thu, 08 Feb 2007 16:09:29 GMT, "Zippy" wrote:

Our aged female has been accumulating tiny scabs on her back. She
doesn't have any critters such as fleas biting her and she lives
indoors. What could this be?

Do you have other pets that could be doing this to her? Or perhaps a rough
edge on a piece of furniture she is squeezing underneath? If you can't
identify a cause, I think a visit to the vet is in order to check for
allergies, as was already suggested.

--
Lynne
Old February 9th 07, 11:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh

On 8 Feb, 23:01, Lynne wrote:
on Thu, 08 Feb 2007 16:09:29 GMT, "Zippy" wrote:

Our aged female has been accumulating tiny scabs on her back. She
doesn't have any critters such as fleas biting her and she lives
indoors. What could this be?

Do you have other pets that could be doing this to her? Or perhaps a rough
edge on a piece of furniture she is squeezing underneath? If you can't
identify a cause, I think a visit to the vet is in order to check for
allergies, as was already suggested.

--
Lynne

I could be utterly wrong here, but what you are describing sounds very
like what Tiggy had when I came here looking for advice & it was Ring
Worm!!
Worth checking under a woods light.Best of luck & let us know
S.

Old February 10th 07, 09:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rhonda

Zippy, the only time we've had that on a cat was flea allergies. It
doesn't take many fleas to get it -- and indoor cats get fleas pretty
easily.

Are you sure there are no fleas at all? I'd take her to the vet if you
haven't already. They will check for flea dirt, ringworm and all of the
other good things.

Rhonda

Old February 15th 07, 04:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Zippy

Zippy wrote:
Our aged female has been accumulating tiny scabs on her back. She
doesn't have any critters such as fleas biting her and she lives
indoors. What could this be?- Hide quoted text -

OK I took Monica our queen to the vet who thought the sore spots are
an allergy. But there's no evidence of fleas. The other cats aren't
biting or scratching her. The vet gave her a shot of cortisone which
calmed down the welts and she is more comfortable. Some of the vet's
advice is that SOME cats can be allergic to FISH & beef so stick to
poultry products. I am currently feeding them IAMS dry Indoor & anti-
hairball catfood. I also give them IAMS & sometimes FANCY FEAST
canned treats. They haven't had so many hairball throwups & all in
all, seem happier. We'll see.

Old February 16th 07, 04:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Zippy

Zippy wrote:
Our aged female has been accumulating tiny scabs on her back. She
doesn't have any critters such as fleas biting her and she lives
indoors. What could this be?- Hide quoted text -

OK I took Monica our queen to the vet who thought the sore spots are
an allergy. But there's no evidence of fleas. The other cats aren't
biting or scratching her. The vet gave her a shot of cortisone which
calmed down the welts and she is more comfortable. Some of the vet's
advice is that SOME cats can be allergic to FISH & beef so stick to
poultry products. I am currently feeding them IAMS dry Indoor & anti-
hairball catfood. I also give them IAMS & sometimes FANCY FEAST
canned treats. They haven't had so many hairball throwups & all in
all, seem happier. We'll see.- Hide quoted text -

GUESS WHAT! After the expensive visit to the vet, I discovered the
actualy problem is FLEAS! I sat down to read & Monica hopped onto my
lap; I combed her again and VOILA-- a darned FLEA! I used the vet's
flea riddance prep on her & she is now beginning to play & roll on
her back like old tiems!

Old February 17th 07, 12:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

on Fri, 16 Feb 2007 15:49:23 GMT, "Zippy" wrote:

GUESS WHAT! After the expensive visit to the vet, I discovered the
actualy problem is FLEAS! I sat down to read & Monica hopped onto my
lap; I combed her again and VOILA-- a darned FLEA! I used the vet's
flea riddance prep on her & she is now beginning to play & roll on
her back like old tiems!

Well... at least now you know!

I hate those little blood suckers.

Thanks for updating us. So many people don't, and it always leaves me
wondering.

--
Lynne

they are lifting alongside urban, in back of bad, in back of pretty kettles LtCmdr Kenneth A. McQuinlan Cat anecdotes 0 September 11th 05 01:26 PM
Another forward Nanny Cat anecdotes 0 September 4th 05 08:31 PM
We're back from Purrth (long) badwilson Cat anecdotes 24 July 20th 04 04:09 PM
A Morning With Sammy CatNipped Cat anecdotes 26 July 10th 04 12:43 AM