Springtime with Betty

Old April 14th 06, 05:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Springtime with Betty

I know I haven't been posting much. It's hard talking about Betty
these days. But she's made it to spring! I took a picture of her a
few days ago when she started using her warm weather squirrel lookout
spot again, which has gone dusty and unused all season. I never
thought I'd see her there again:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/Takayu...ettySpring.jpg

Betty's fur has filled out here, because she was taken off
chemotherapy last month.

Old April 14th 06, 05:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 00:11:56 -0400, Takayuki wrote:

I know I haven't been posting much. It's hard talking about Betty
these days. But she's made it to spring! I took a picture of her a
few days ago when she started using her warm weather squirrel lookout
spot again, which has gone dusty and unused all season. I never
thought I'd see her there again:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/Takayu...ettySpring.jpg

Betty's fur has filled out here, because she was taken off
chemotherapy last month.

Purring for Betty's comfort. MLB
Old April 14th 06, 05:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Takayuki wrote:
I know I haven't been posting much. It's hard talking about Betty
these days. But she's made it to spring! I took a picture of her a
few days ago when she started using her warm weather squirrel lookout
spot again, which has gone dusty and unused all season. I never
thought I'd see her there again:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/Takayu...ettySpring.jpg

Betty's fur has filled out here, because she was taken off
chemotherapy last month.

She looks so sweet. {{{Tak and Betty}}} Still purring for you both.

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old April 14th 06, 05:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 00:11:56 -0400, Takayuki wrote:

I know I haven't been posting much. It's hard talking about Betty
these days. But she's made it to spring! I took a picture of her a
few days ago when she started using her warm weather squirrel lookout
spot again, which has gone dusty and unused all season. I never
thought I'd see her there again:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/Takayu...ettySpring.jpg

Betty's fur has filled out here, because she was taken off
chemotherapy last month.

It's so good to see her at her old activities! Purrs that the beautiful
Betty will be with for a good while yet.
Old April 14th 06, 05:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-04-13 23:11:56 -0500, Takayuki said:

I know I haven't been posting much. It's hard talking about Betty
these days. But she's made it to spring! I took a picture of her a
few days ago when she started using her warm weather squirrel lookout
spot again, which has gone dusty and unused all season. I never
thought I'd see her there again:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/Takayu...ettySpring.jpg

Betty's fur has filled out here, because she was taken off
chemotherapy last month.

It's a beautiful shot, Tak. I've been thinking about Betty recently.
(((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))

Old April 14th 06, 05:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Marina wrote:

She looks so sweet. {{{Tak and Betty}}} Still purring for you both.

It might be a good thing that shot was from that angle. Looking at
her jaw these days is almost enough to give me a heart attack. All my
clothes have blood on them. Betty sometimes sprays me with blood when
she shakes her head. It's out of a horror movie.

Her regular TED looked at it on Tuesday, but all that they could do
was clean and irrigate the area, prescribe antibiotics, and give me a
brochure on a local pet cemetery.

I remember how while I was waiting at the TED office, I kept hearing,
"Is that Betty? Is Betty here? Betty!" I thought they had another
pet in the back named Betty that they were playing with, but they told
me they were just excited to see Betty. They told me that she was the
sweetest cat.

Old April 14th 06, 06:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Dan M wrote:
It's so good to see her at her old activities! Purrs that the beautiful
Betty will be with for a good while yet.

She's been undertaking all of her activities with a greater intensity
than ever before. She's more vocal than before, more cuddly, and even
a little more mischievous. She doesn't seem to want to waste a single
minute of every day.

Betty these days works hard at eating. It's amazing to me that she
can still eat at all with that jaw. She tries so hard, but it's still
difficult, so she flings food around a lot in a feeding frenzy.
Earlier this week, she ran off with one of my chicken wings, and
licked the tomato sauce off my spaghetti when I wasn't looking.

Another new thing she does is paw at my nose while looking at me
upside down, when she's on my chest. Often, it's a bloody paw, but
the gesture is still awfully cute.

Old April 14th 06, 06:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Takayuki wrote:
Marina wrote:

She looks so sweet. {{{Tak and Betty}}} Still purring for you both.

It might be a good thing that shot was from that angle. Looking at
her jaw these days is almost enough to give me a heart attack. All my
clothes have blood on them. Betty sometimes sprays me with blood when
she shakes her head. It's out of a horror movie.

I'm so sorry, Tak. Thankful though that you didn't take a picture from
another angle. I admit I'm a coward and couldn't bear to look at it. It
must be so hard to live with that (well, for Betty too, of course). Wish
there was something I could do.

Her regular TED looked at it on Tuesday, but all that they could do
was clean and irrigate the area, prescribe antibiotics, and give me a
brochure on a local pet cemetery.

I remember how while I was waiting at the TED office, I kept hearing,
"Is that Betty? Is Betty here? Betty!" I thought they had another
pet in the back named Betty that they were playing with, but they told
me they were just excited to see Betty. They told me that she was the
sweetest cat.

Aaaww. It's so unfair. Just so unfair.

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old April 14th 06, 06:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

mlbriggs wrote:

Purring for Betty's comfort. MLB

Thank you. Comfort is a hard issue. Looking at Betty, I can't
possibly see how she could be comfortable. Her oncologist felt that
it would be cruel to keep her alive - and that was last month. But
Betty isn't giving me any sign that she's uncomfortable. It's
puzzling, but I'm glad.

Old April 14th 06, 06:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Takayuki" wrote in message
I know I haven't been posting much. It's hard talking about Betty
these days. But she's made it to spring! I took a picture of her a
few days ago when she started using her warm weather squirrel lookout
spot again, which has gone dusty and unused all season. I never
thought I'd see her there again:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/Takayu...ettySpring.jpg

Betty's fur has filled out here, because she was taken off
chemotherapy last month.

Bless you both. May you & Betty enjoy each other's company for however long
you have left. Only you & Betty will know when that time is finally -
tragically - at an end. And until that time, treaure and savour every
moment.

She's beautiful, Tak. I"m glad she found you, even though I know she's
breaking your heart at the same time.

Life is just so cruel sometimes.

Yowie

Betty the rapper Takayuki Cat anecdotes 14 December 9th 05 03:48 AM
Betty - possible bone cancer Takayuki Cat anecdotes 57 August 18th 05 11:54 PM
Parting with Betty Takayuki Cat anecdotes 8 January 28th 05 01:16 PM
Betty fantasy Takayuki Cat anecdotes 11 March 13th 04 10:10 PM
Video clip of Betty Takayuki Cat anecdotes 19 September 2nd 03 12:28 PM