Board certified Surgeon or not

Old June 17th 08, 03:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Default Board certified Surgeon or not

Hi All,

My cat is having some sort of obstruction (presumably a some sort of
foreign body) in her stomach and vet is having tough time flush it
out. She just had iv today since she has been vomiting every so often
and she has not been eating or drinking for a few days.

Now, the option we have a to continue with flushing out for a day or
surgically remove the obstruction tomorrow. Regarding the surgical
option, this vet offered to do the surgery but he told me that he was
not board certified. He told me that he had done the procedures
numerous times and he appears to confident and capable. Should I
trust this vet or should I look for the board certified surgeons ?

I'd appreciate any comments.

Thanks in advance.

Old June 18th 08, 06:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Phil P.

wrote in message
Hi All,

My cat is having some sort of obstruction (presumably a some sort of
foreign body) in her stomach and vet is having tough time flush it
out. She just had iv today since she has been vomiting every so often
and she has not been eating or drinking for a few days.

Now, the option we have a to continue with flushing out for a day or
surgically remove the obstruction tomorrow. Regarding the surgical
option, this vet offered to do the surgery but he told me that he was
not board certified. He told me that he had done the procedures
numerous times and he appears to confident and capable. Should I
trust this vet or should I look for the board certified surgeons ?

I'd appreciate any comments.

Many vets are excellent surgeons even though they're not certified by the
ACVS (American
College of Veterinary Surgeons). If your vet performed this type of surgery
successfully many times, I see no reason not to let him do it.

Phil