Cat escapes on plane and delays flight for 4 hours

Old January 26th 12, 05:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

Default Cat escapes on plane and delays flight for 4 hours

Cat escapes on plane and delays flight for 4 hours

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/TopStories...flight-120125/

Old January 26th 12, 07:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Winnie" wrote in message
Cat escapes on plane and delays flight for 4 hours

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/TopStories...flight-120125/

That's one doozy of a BCT!

--
Joy

Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics.

Old January 26th 12, 02:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Joy" wrote in message
"Winnie" wrote in message
Cat escapes on plane and delays flight for 4 hours

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/TopStories...flight-120125/

That's one doozy of a BCT!

--
Joy

Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics.

According to the video, when airport security was checking out the cat
carrier they left the side clips unlocked. They're supposed to be snapped
back down so the top won't come off, but they didn't do that. (Obviously
they aren't cat people!) And Ripples (the cat) had no idea what was going
on (it was his first plane trip) so when he saw his opportunity he bolted!
I don't blame him. LOL

Jill

Old January 26th 12, 05:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

On Jan 26, 9:49*am, "jmcquown" wrote:
"Joy" wrote in message

... "Winnie" wrote in message
Cat escapes on plane and delays *flight for 4 hours

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/TopStories...-delayed-fligh....

That's one doozy of a BCT!

--
Joy

Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics.

According to the video, when airport security was checking out the cat
carrier they left the side clips unlocked. *They're supposed to be snapped
back down so the top won't come off, but they didn't do that. *(Obviously
they aren't cat people!) *And Ripples (the cat) had no idea what was going
on (it was his first plane trip) so when he saw his opportunity he bolted!
I don't blame him. *LOL

Jill

Ripples cat slave said that was his last flight. I think they
eventually put him
in cargo. But Air Canada did send a rep to make sure he was O.K. on
arrival. Hope AC doesn't revert back o their previous policy of no
pets in cabin.

I never felt comfortable flying with my cat and never did. Poor Rusty
ended up boarding at the vet. With his health problems, I felt better
when
his vet was nearby. Anyway, he is roaming in RB now. No more cages
for him.
Winnie
Old January 27th 12, 12:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Winnie" wrote in message
On Jan 26, 9:49 am, "jmcquown" wrote:
"Joy" wrote in message

... "Winnie"
wrote in message
[...]

Oh I doubt they'll revert to that. But airport security personnel may get
some additional training in how small pet carriers work!

I never felt comfortable flying with my cat and never did. Poor Rusty
ended up boarding at the vet. With his health problems, I felt better
when
his vet was nearby. Anyway, he is roaming in RB now. No more cages
for him.
Winnie

I hear what you're saying. I boarded Persia for a long time before finally
going to get her and driving her to South Carolina. I never once considered
taking her on a plane. I'd have to sedate her. There's no reason to
expect, being in a big noisy airport surrounded by lots of strangers hauling
luggage then being placed under a seat on an airplane, she'd be calm.
Chances are by then she'd have thrown up. I don't think they pay flight
attendants to deal with that. Frankly, I don't want to deal with it,
either. So, no plane rides for Persia

Jill

Marlo ESCAPES and is recaptured dgk Cat health & behaviour 10 August 17th 07 02:20 PM
In Flight Meals jofirey Cat anecdotes 5 March 20th 07 04:00 PM
Getting desparate, on their escapes [email protected] Cat health & behaviour 2 October 3rd 05 11:12 AM
Fluffy Escapes the Gallows Fat Freddy Cat anecdotes 60 October 15th 04 11:25 AM